Very moving

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
18 May 2012

Although I am aware Andrea Bocelli gets a fair bit of dislike, while not the biggest of fans I like him. He's always passionate and soulful and the tone of his voice is beautiful as well as being one of those voices you recognise immediately upon hearing. Plus I agree with Zubin Mehta that he is one of not many singers who can change the colour of his voice during a phrase without breathing. And while not my favourite of his concerts(A Night in Tuscany), American Dream: Andrea Bocelli's Statue of Liberty Concert given the year and circumstances was the most moving to me. It is filmed beautifully, and the World Trade Center Towers look so majestic as well as beautiful lit up. The music is simply glorious throughout and arranged in a stirring way. Bocelli is on top form, the beautiful tone is still there, with no real obvious signs of strain. Anna Maria Martinez is a lovely addition too, but the biggest surprise, who apparently nobody watching knew she was singing, was Sarah Brightman. Overall, a very moving performance. 10/10 Bethany Cox

This is a National Treasure!!!

Author: fchristiani from United States
19 December 2007

This was the MOST BEUTIFULL THING I"VE EVER WHITNESSED, without hesitation or reservation. It's like Gods last effort to say to the world that the American Dream is real, alive and about 60 days away from getting kicked in the nuts....Let me explain.

The setting was on the Statue of Liberty Island in the back drop of the skyline of Manhattan with the World Trade Center directly in view back stage, just before sunset, so you see the city lights come on during the performance, and Andrea singing most of the traditional Italian songs. this speaks to the droves of immigrants that toiled to reach the promise of the American Dream.

To all who love this country, Italian or not, New Yorker or not, American or not, I dare you to watch this and not cry from it's symbolic beauty. Not to mention the incredible performances.

If your convictions for the war in Afganistan and Iraq have somewhat dissipated, i strongly suggest that this will reinvigorate the passion for this unspeakable act of war!

God have mercy on us all!