IMDb > "That's So Raven" (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"That's So Raven"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"That's So Raven" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 12:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Surprisingly hilarious

Author: Smoothpants from Cambria Heights, NY
17 February 2003

I figured for a Disney Channel production, this show would be just amusing, like "Lizzie McGuire" (a show I like, but I get no real hearty laughs out of it). "That's So Raven" always seems to make me chuckle. But what I am most impressed with is Raven-Symone's knack for physical comedy, and willingness to make herself look ridiculous (but not in a demeaning way) to get the laugh. Almost like Lucille Ball in a sense.

The premise of this show is pretty cool too. Young psychic has INCOMPLETE visions, but acts on them anyway, not knowing the actual result of her actions. The writing is fairly standard comedy, but is sometimes inspired. There was a scene where Raven had a vision of a parachutist crashing through one of the school windows. So she and her friend rush there to get a story for the school newspaper. When the parachutist actually crashes through, he asks Raven "So you knew I was going to crash through this window?" When she replies yes, he asks again, "SO WHY DIDN'T YOU OPEN IT?" I thought that was clever. I enjoy watching this show, and I cannot believe that is little Olivia from "The Cosby Show". Good show.

My prediction, its a good show.

Author: pumpkinmedia from New Zealand
11 July 2005

Thats So Raven. Kids will love to watch this show, but its entertaining for adults too. 'Raven Baxter' (Raven Symone) is a bubbly teenager who loves to make her own clothes, have fun with her friends Chelsea (Anneliese van der Pol) and Eddie (Orlando Brown). Raven also has the power of 'Phsycic Visions'.... Although most people would find these easy to handle, Raven will always find some way to get into a 'bad or embarrassing situation' when she misinterprets the meaning of her visions. This show is very funny. It has an interesting storyline and great actors to play the characters. Its an easy show to watch and I would anytime!

Clever and witty.

Author: Liana (shadow_empress) from Canada
3 March 2003

I've only just watched "That's so Raven", but I can tell that it will be on the air for a few years to come. The script is witty, and Raven has definite screen presence. It's suitable for younger children, as the dialogue should be fairly comprehendable for any age, and most of the jokes can be enjoyed by nearly any age. Good job, writers of "That's so Raven"!

Raven is a budding Superstar!

Author: unitedbro from NYC
12 June 2003

This show should be on Network TV like Sister to Sister was. It is at least as good as Half and Half and the Parkers. I don't understand why Disney does not air That's So Raven on Saturday mornings on ABC like it does with Kim Possible. Raven is about to blow up like Nick Cannon did, she has the ability to go over the top with her comedy like Lucille Ball instead of being a diva and not wanting to get dirty or look silly! This show is a riot and now with Hillary Duff leaving Disney it will be a Raven world because we know how Disney gets behind their actors!!!!!!!!!!

raven

Author: mirandalambertfan30 from United States
7 June 2006

i think that raven is a good role model for young girls. shes not the skinny petite cheerleader type(but shes not fat) and not all young girls are either. this factor tells teens that they don't have to be bone skinny to be successful in acting and they can make their dream come true because raven. i think Hollywood needs to get over the fact that not all people can be jessica simpson and take them cause they actually have talent and are fit for the role in the movie. raven has as much talent has any actor thats big, shes has better vocals than hilary duff and Lindsay lohan and has just as much acting skills, she understands that she don't need to damage her body and go anorexia like lohan but can stay a healthy talented young woman and still be a role model for girls.

Its So Good Because its Less Like Lizzie McGuire

Author: (Duckula2k@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
25 July 2003

There is trully something different about this show compared to other disney favorites like Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens. This show has great potential to become the second most popular show on the disney channel. However, there are a few bugs in it like the deal with a group of three friends(Just like Even Stevens and Lizzie Mcguire) and the point that some of the episodes of Raven I would see the same exact story going on another Disney program. So overall the characters are really funny and the plots are ok. So I would give Thats So Raven a 10 out of 10

A show about a teen psychic

Author: lilmissewnsew from United States
21 June 2005

The show "That's So Raven", is about a teen psychic named Raven Baxter(Raven Symone). She can see the future but can't always see what's coming next. She has two best friends named Eddie Thomas(Orlando Brown) and Chelsea Daniels(Anneliesa van Der Pol). Chelsea is Raven's Kind, Fun, and sometimes stupid friend. Or as Chelsea said,"I'm friendly, loyal, energetic..." Eddie is Raven's rapping, funny friend. He plays basketball and has a girlfriend named Shantel. Raven's family is a little weird at times. Her dad, Victor Baxter(Rondell Sheridan) owns a restaurant called "The Chill Grill" He is an amazing chef and a funny dad. Raven's mom, Tonya Baxter(TKeyah Crystal Keymah) is a tough but fair mother. She can sing very well. Raven's little brother, Cory(Kyle Massey) is a money obsessed, prank-pulling brother. He has a crush on Chelsea. Raven's boyfriend, Devon(Lil' J) really likes a show called Astro Force 5. That's all about the characters of one of the best shows of all time, "That's So Raven" Be sure to watch it on Disney Channel at 7:30/6:30 central time.

Funny, Funny, and more Funny

Author: CmHowell99 from San Diego, Ca
8 March 2003

I watch this show when it airs it is really funny. It's about a kid named Raven Baxter voiced by Raven Symone and her best friend Chelsea and her friend Eddie. I couldn't stop laughing at the episode where Raven's party got changed to a different day thanks to a school bully named Nikki and Raven got even by having her friends change her hair with a leaf blower, get her wet with the sprinklers, and give her a towel that had icing on it and Eddie got the camcorder so he can record her and show it to her guests then Raven realizes that two wrongs don't make a right. But the next day Nikki comes over and gets her flowers and she didn't know they had poison ivy. Another time there was an episode where Raven made some new friends and left Eddie and Chelsea out. Then there was an episode where they had to choose a school president Raven wanted to be that person. Another time Eddie was so psyched about making the basketball team that Raven feared she may be losing a friend. Another time Raven caused a class disruption that her teacher wanted to meet her parents and she pretended to be her mother.

Please read this if you posted a bulletin about this show

Author: desperado5598 from United States
8 March 2007

I'm sorry I can't afford to do the chat thing, but I read them anyways and it bugs me, so I want to clarify that Raven isn't fat. I just read something that someone put saying that Raven is 5 foot 3 inches and 170 pounds. I don't think she weighs that much, and she's not obese! In case nobody else has noticed, and I promise I don't normally notice things like this since I'm a straight girl... Raven is VERY curvy! She has big hips as well as other body parts that I shouldn't put on a page for a children's show! Don't y'all think that THAT could be what weighs her down?! Duh! And stop being so shallow anyways! Why don't you go talk about Queen Latifah in some stupid chatroom! Raven is awesome and talented, and she sets a very good example for others. That's so Raven is, like, a really good show, and that's what this is meant to discuss, not Raven's weight!

The funniest and only Disney channel show i watch!

Author: aj_ajc_aj from United States
7 August 2009

This is literally the only Disney channel show i watch. It is much more hilarious than all these other cheesy shows. including its spin-off Cory in the house. You can never get to many "oh snap's!" or "ya nasty's" its just so funny and always has you laughing. That's So Raven is not just a show for kids or teens or kids and teens it is a Show that the whole family can watch and laugh there guts off. Not only does That's So Raven keep you laughing but it also teaches our children life morals that we all need to know. Disney needs to spend more time playing reruns or even bringing the show back instead playing all of this Hannah Montana and Jonas brothers crap. Great show Raven! As for Disney change is definitely not always good!

Page 1 of 12:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]