IMDb > Crying... Silicon Tears (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Crying... Silicon Tears More at IMDbPro »To klama vgike ap' ton Paradeiso (original title)

The best Greek comedy film ever .

Author: hyiannis from Larnaca, Cyprus
27 December 2001

I've seen it 5 times until now and i intend to watch it again and again because every time i see it i discover new things . It is very clever and very funny and all the players give their best and the roles are as if are written just for them. One of the reasons i liked it most is the music and the songs written by Afroditi Manou one of the most talented song writers and singers in Greece now .

I'm sure that everyone who sees this film likes it (at least laughs a lot) i can say that because i went with friends of different tastes every time i have seen the film .

Seems familiar

Author: dimadick from Alexandroupolis, Greece
3 December 2001

This movie makes fun of all the stereotypes of the old greek drama films.It is hilarious if you have seen the original movies(which greek TV channels use again and again).And this parodies also has a detailed family tree of all main characters.It is one of the most interesting movies of the last few years in Greece.

Amazing! One of the best Greek comedies of all time!

Author: Stratis Valachis from Boston MA
21 November 2011

Funny, genuine, amazing acting. I've watched it countless times and I'm sure I will never get tired of it. Mirkas Papakonstantinou and Anna Panagiotopoulou's performances are brilliant. The depiction of the culture during the different historical eras in Greece is fun and accurate. The humour and parody of the old Greek cinema is genuine and hilarious. Unfortunately in order to fully appreciate this movie someone must be familiar with the Greek cinema of the 60's 70's and also have a good knowledge of the Greek language as some the jokes are hard to grasp if you are not a native. Still anyone can have a fun time watching it and I highly recommend it!

10/10!

Exceptionally good

Author: JoannaDais from Greece
5 June 2003

I never go to the cinema nowadays to watch a Greek film because most that are made are awful and all about sexual relationships.I don't like that.But when i saw the trailer for "To klama vgike apo ton paradeiso", I was surpised!It was very promising, so me and my friends went to see it.And it was indeed very good!It makes fun of old Greek films that are considered here classics and if you recognize them, the film is even funnier!I don't know if a non-Greek would like it as much.

Don't mix this with Greek cinema because it isn't.

Author: kourdos from Cambridge, UK
15 February 2003

This thing is just OK only to watch it on a Friday night with your bored-to-death mates (that's what I did yesterday). I laughed to tears in some scenes taking the p*** of the 1950s-1970s Greek films but:

These laughs are not the effect of a genuine or sensitive humour but rather similar to a reaction when someone farts. This is not really cinema, just a sequence of TV-style gangs we watch every year in the Xmas programmes. My three (out of ten) is the mark that this "film" deserves ;-)

Two years ago I was bit harsh to all the good people of Greek TV-Washing Machine so I repeat it: this thing is easy to watch and you laugh with it but after you watch it you feel an emptiness, a gap; it's the intellectual deficit of modern Greece.