IMDb > "Clementine's Enchanted Journey" (1985) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Clementine's Enchanted Journey" More at IMDbPro »"Clémentine" (original title)

Very scary cartoon for a child.

Author: (ram_gun@yahoo.com) from USA
21 September 2005

"Clémentine" was a very popular cartoon in Turkey in 1980's and most of my peers remember the show as being very scary. The song is still enough to give some of my friends the chills. It was aired on the state owned TV ,which used to be very picky about the kind of cartoons that it aired, for years. I still think that it was not very suitable show for kids. I do not know what the intended audience was in the first place though. I last saw it decades ago so there is not much that I remember vividly (other than Molmoth being in my nightmares when I was sick.) The show was very different than all the other cartoons of the day, though. That is for sure.

Unbelievably original cartoon

Author: slick_rick_89 from Japan
26 November 2005

Growing up in France i saw this cartoon when i was around 6. The series revolves around a girl who would meet different characters each show whilst being constantly pursued by a horrendous demon. This demon scared me immensely at the time, but i still loved the show for its overall brilliance. The opening song is pretty good as well. For anyone that likes fairy tales this is a definite must see cartoon. The style of the cartoon's colours as well are very unique and interesting. I always found myself cheering for Clementine as she seemed to be fighting the neverending battle of good and evil. That being said the demon dude was one hardcore looking bad guy.

Surprisingly Good

Author: Rectangular_businessman from Peru
3 July 2012

Even when at first sight this could seem like just another one of those saccharine 1980s Saturday morning cartoons (Like for example, "The Carebears" "Rainbow Brite" or similar stuff) this is actually a very interesting animation show, with some unexpected dark and (somewhat) mature elements (Like for example, the truly menacing villain or some little dramatic moments related with death) resulting in something pretty interesting and well done.

While definitely this is aimed to kids, it doesn't mean that it didn't have any interest for the adults (Sadly, I'm afraid that some viewers would dismiss it, judging it only by the light-hearted intro sequence that actually has very little to do with the actual plot of the series) and that's a shame, because this is a pretty good series, with many virtues which make this worth of appreciation.

With so many dumb and patronizing cartoon shows being done in the recent years, it would be nice to see any animated series like this again.