IMDb > Betaville (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Betaville More at IMDbPro »

a complete bomb

Author: petersj-2 from Australia
11 July 2008

Sometimes you come across a movie that is so bad one wonders why on earth it was made? The plot is incoherent and ridiculous its hardly worth mentioning. Apparently the kids of famous leaders end up on an island, mix this up with some people from another planet and good luck trying to really care. As I watched I thought maybe it will pick up. It doesn't. There are so many low budget movies that succeeed due to fine acting.Its wonderful to come across some unexpected little gem. You can even over look the cheap production values but there is no talent in this bomb. The direction is terrible. It looked like it was edited with garden shears. This movie looks cheap. Why didn't the actors stop during the filming of this and say enough is enough? Some movies should never have been made. The acting is atrocious. Don't expect any little gems in this. The movie I presume is directed at children but kids would switch off after a few minutes. It actually insults children. The kids have no charm and the entire cast are wooden and pathetic. An absolute bomb. I gave it one point and thats being generous.