IMDb > Halloween (1983) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Halloween (VG) More at IMDbPro »

They got the music right

Author: chdmn from Victoria, BC
2 October 2002

Atari games are not for everyone. Years ago, they were, but, now, they are not. For the nostalgic fan, some games can be a lot of fun. This game is not one of those. Released through Charles Band's Wizard Video (as was Texas Chainsaw Massacre), there probably were not enough copies of this made for anyone to have the nostalgia factor. Not a lot of fun, but they got the music right.

Seriously?!?

Author: Eric Smith from Grand Rapids, MN
24 April 2008

Did they really have to make a game based off the popular horror movie? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the movie. I, also, regrettably, played the game on the Atari 2600. What a cheap load of garbage. The title song is good for it's time, but do they have to constantly play it over and over, like a drone to your ears? Plus, the actual game play is boring. Let's shuffle kids together and stuff in one room. How many kids are there? There were only two in the movie. Also, you just gotta love the cheap packaging they gave it. The distributor, Wizard, I later found out, was going out of business or something, so in order to quickly get rid of all the games in their stockroom, they cheaply put a blank sticker on it and wrote the name "Halloween" on it. Well, at least it was in orange marker.