All Mitch Snider wants for his family is a traditional holiday feast with the relatives. The problem is that he doesn't have any. That is until he gets an invitation in the mail from his ... See full summary »
Penelope Ann Miller
Laid-back private eye Jim Rockford and his brown Pontiac Firebird become embroiled in another case when he runs across an old flame, blind psychologist Megan. Her no-good playboy cousin ... See full summary »
Raul has to cancel his wedding after his friend and colleague, Gib, has convinced Miranda, the mail-order bride from Mexico, that a marriage between perfect strangers is a bad idea. Miranda... See full summary »
Ten years after his retirement from the government, Colonel Steve Austin must again team up with Jaime Sommers to stop a terrorist group. Complicating matters for Austin are his estranged ... See full summary »
I am giving 5 out of 10, because of the effort spent on excellent Animation. Other than this, there is nothing good about the movie. The Movie is filled with historical and cultural inaccuracies. Few of them I'd like to share here:
1. Without any idea of color discrimination, Ram was not 'White' as shown in the movie. He was more brownish-bluish. Colloqually, I think we can say he was Dark-Complexioned.
2. His Younger Brother Bharat did not banish him. In Older times in India and still in some part of India, it is rude and a gross dis-respect on the part of younger brother to say against his Big brother. The Director, I think just could understand or was unable to portray the role played by Rams Step mother Kaikai and her servant(or Daasi, Manthara)
3. During Sita's abduction, there was no struggle between Ram and Ravan.
4. When Laxman was mortally wounded and Hanuman went to bring the Medicine, he could not recognize which medicine to choose, because they all glittered in Darkness. I think we are too much rational , that is why we fail to understand things that predates even our thoughts.
5. The Biggest and most arrogant mistake of all. Ravan and his family and his forefathers were not Daemons at all by birth. Ravan was one of the most learned human being that walked this earth. He became a daemon by his deeds. His father 'Sage Pulatsya' was a man of great penance. His younger brother 'Kumbhakarn' was also a very learned being. All the time during the battle and after he abducted Sita, he knew that he has in fact abducted his own death, but he went ahead for the sake of his prestige. He wanted to show the world, to get rid of his tyranny and tortuous way of ruling, God himself have to take birth in human form and get rid of this world of his evil deeds. Any ways, thats what the actual 'Ramayan' says. Ravan was a 'Brahman' by birth and not a daemon. People need to understand that just by being born in a noble family does not makes you noble, you have to prove yourself by your deeds or 'KArma' and Ravan was daemon by his 'Karma' and not by birth or 'Janma'.
People need to see 'Ramayan' which ran as a TV series for more than 2 years in India. The Video is available in Google, I'm not sure though they subtitles are in English. A little bit of Amazon will help.
2 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?