Zany situations and lapses of twisted logic make for a comedic romp when a free-spirited hippy couple (Mo and Ned) inadvertently show up a week late to attend the wedding of shallow ... See full summary »
The Last Chance is set in a Californian Desert where a woman living without a dream meets a man who lives by his dreams. When faced by their Last Chance, the choices they make could destroy what was or they could discover a glowing future.
Henry Harper is a successful novelist who has it all. But after surviving a recent trauma he finds himself haunted by a dream that terrifies him. Convinced that the only way to understand ... See full summary »
Frank John Hughes,
Rick Harding is a former Marines officer, now working in the FBI as a chemical weapons designer. While packing up for the night, a group of armed soldiers led by wanted criminal Carlos ... See full summary »
When legendary gambler Golden Hands Segal suffers a fatal heart attack at the craps table in Las Vegas, his grandson Freddy Meingold and boyhood pal Spencer Ragusa have less than 24 hours to retrieve the body for burial in New Jersey.
A once-powerful, but now ailing movie director nears the end of his life. As he awaits death, he slips into a "dream" and is shown three "snippets" of the movie of his son's life. At first ... See full summary »
Michael A. Goorjian
Michael A. Goorjian,
A Pittsburgh detective is kicked off the force for beating a rape suspect and moves to L.A. There, he becomes the central force in a bullet ridden neighborhood battle to win back its streets from brutal gang members.
I am giving 5 out of 10, because of the effort spent on excellent Animation. Other than this, there is nothing good about the movie. The Movie is filled with historical and cultural inaccuracies. Few of them I'd like to share here:
1. Without any idea of color discrimination, Ram was not 'White' as shown in the movie. He was more brownish-bluish. Colloqually, I think we can say he was Dark-Complexioned.
2. His Younger Brother Bharat did not banish him. In Older times in India and still in some part of India, it is rude and a gross dis-respect on the part of younger brother to say against his Big brother. The Director, I think just could understand or was unable to portray the role played by Rams Step mother Kaikai and her servant(or Daasi, Manthara)
3. During Sita's abduction, there was no struggle between Ram and Ravan.
4. When Laxman was mortally wounded and Hanuman went to bring the Medicine, he could not recognize which medicine to choose, because they all glittered in Darkness. I think we are too much rational , that is why we fail to understand things that predates even our thoughts.
5. The Biggest and most arrogant mistake of all. Ravan and his family and his forefathers were not Daemons at all by birth. Ravan was one of the most learned human being that walked this earth. He became a daemon by his deeds. His father 'Sage Pulatsya' was a man of great penance. His younger brother 'Kumbhakarn' was also a very learned being. All the time during the battle and after he abducted Sita, he knew that he has in fact abducted his own death, but he went ahead for the sake of his prestige. He wanted to show the world, to get rid of his tyranny and tortuous way of ruling, God himself have to take birth in human form and get rid of this world of his evil deeds. Any ways, thats what the actual 'Ramayan' says. Ravan was a 'Brahman' by birth and not a daemon. People need to understand that just by being born in a noble family does not makes you noble, you have to prove yourself by your deeds or 'KArma' and Ravan was daemon by his 'Karma' and not by birth or 'Janma'.
People need to see 'Ramayan' which ran as a TV series for more than 2 years in India. The Video is available in Google, I'm not sure though they subtitles are in English. A little bit of Amazon will help.
2 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?