IMDb > Meetings, Bloody Meetings (1976) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Meetings, Bloody Meetings (V) More at IMDbPro »

My workplace needs this video

Author: frecklefluff from Kansas City, MO
16 August 2005

I can't begin to calculate the time that would be saved if every working adult in the world, ESPECIALLY execs, watched this video and applied its simple tactics. In fact, I just submitted a suggestion to our company's suggestion box that we should all watch it.

When to arrive to meetings, when to start meetings, when to stop meetings, what to talk about in meetings--heck, even whether to have them or not--it's all covered here to very educational and mildly entertaining effect. Plus, come on, who doesn't need more John Cleese in their lives?

I wonder how hard it would be to dig up a copy ...

I wish this was readily available

Author: Henry Troup (hwt@igs.net) from Ottawa, Canada
7 June 2005

One of the best management videos around. I want to show it to a bunch of people!

After a day at the office, John Cleese dreams of being tried for his conduct of meetings. Cleese plays it like Basil Fawlty, of course. It's funny and instructive.

The focus is on the conduct of meetings, providing meaningful agendas, and being effective. If you spend much of your working life in meetings, you need to see this film.

While it came out in 1976, it is a true classic, and is not at all dated - unlike most management films.