IMDb > "Dismissed" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Dismissed" More at IMDbPro »

geez what's next MTV?

Author: OzzyCash from Nashville, TN
16 February 2002

Wow TRL, Real World, and now Dismissed. The dumbest shows on tv are on MTV and this is one of the dumbest. It's a simple show, for simple minded people of course, 2 people try to get someone of the apposite sex to like them more than the other person and it's always the same thing one person claims to have more morals, like those really exist anymore, then the other person. One person will kiss and flirt more than the other person and naturally that person always wins, this show absolutely blows there's no real reason to watch it if you do watch this show and enjoy it I feel truly sorry for you. The only good thing on MTV is Sunday Night Heat

Just when you thought MTV was not superficial!!!

Author: dayhunter
31 October 2001

This show is the most ridiculously crude, rude, shallowist excuse to flaunt a bunch of flat tummy walking hormones duke it out over each other in hopes of winning the prize of a free shag with a complete stranger! Brilliant television. MTV is no doubt the undisputed champion when it comes to appealing to todays shallow minded, impressionable youth. And thats why they have such a locked-jaw grip on our society. The networks latest installment, Dismissed is a prime example of the quality television spoon fed to gullible teens and intoxicated college students. Being a member of the later group of viewers I must say that I enjoy this show immensely. Dismissed is so preposterous that it works beautifully in the whole scheme of things. I mean this is what reality television is all about isn't it? A sloppy frat boy on a date with two incredibly gorgeous women competing on for his hand in...whatevers. This is the greatest show since California Dreams.

Hot chicks ruled Dismissed.

Author: Spider-Lou from Bristol, CT
27 March 2002

It's clearly not real, in the sense that these guys and girls are not camera shy. Two guys date a girl, two girls date a guy. The girls are, for the most part, really, very hot. And the guys, well...I'll just have to take the girls' word for it, cuz I clearly don't see what they claim to see, nor do I want to try. "Dismissed" was nowhere near as charming or humorous as the show "The Fifth Wheel." But it was nicely gratuitous, and therefore totally watchable.

There is one major beef I had with the "game show." While it's believable to have two guys vie for one hot girl, I do not, I mean DO NOT, think two incredibly attractive women will fight over any one guy so much. Plus, that a guy would really want to "dismiss" either one of the hot chicks--rather than get both their numbers--is not any more believable. But I guess they have to keep up the honey quota, and that's fine by me.

Thank you, MTV!

Author: Nick Zbu from Michigan
7 March 2002

The most frightening thing about this excuse for event programming is that people that use this show as their supposed fifteen minutes are so incredibly shallow. While they boast about their ages, none of them act like they are over 13 years of age. Furthermore, one has to wonder if they actually possess empathy or any grasp of the word 'love' outside of a ripped off rap song.

It sickens me. Sickens me more than shows like 'Fear Factor' whose intention is to disgust. To pass fodder like 'Dismissed' as titillation is like calling Hitler only slightly wrong. It is a snapshot of society as a bunch of narcissists finding physical pleasure only to feed their overblown egos. To think that people find this entertaining makes me want to puke.

Only watch if you want to enforce your most pessimistic world view. Much like Jerry Springer, stupidity shown on best believed to be fake.