Always Greener (TV Series 2001–2003) Poster

(2001–2003)

16 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
Fantastic Sunday nights viewing. Best way to end a weekend!
hazey22 October 2001
I have been watching this show since the first episode and love it! It is the first series I have ever seen where from the word go the acting has been brilliant!

This show has characters you can relate to, and a realistic approach to episodes. Even though "Always Greener" is at base a comedy, it's not afraid to attempt the hard hitting issues such as drug abuse and suicide.

If you haven't tuned into "Always Greener" yet, you are missing out.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Aussie TV fights back
calvertfan14 October 2001
After a long line of dodgy TV dramas and soaps churned out just for "local content" (Echo Point, Medivac, anyone?), at least here is one that is well worth watching. A fine comedic drama in the spirit of Blue Heelers - nice, rural settings, but not without the trips to the city to see how the other half are coping. If you liked A Country Practice, and like Blue Heelers and All Saints you will love this as it definitely ranks up with the greats of Australian TV.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A great Aussie production
Arafura23 April 2002
I must admit that when Always Greener was first advertised, I told myself that I wouldn't watch the show, fearing another "SeaChange" rip-off. But alas, I watched the first episode and was pleasantly surprised. My expectations were disproved.

The cast is great, featuring some new talent as well as mature actors like John Howard and the delightful Anne Tenney. The characters are real, and the storylines are involving. But what makes "Always Greener" a truly great show is the equal mix of typically Australian comedy and serious drama.

Overall, "Always Greener" is a brilliant local production and I look forward to future episodes!
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
This is GREAT SHOW!!!
enesweb15 November 2003
I just want to tell you, if you not see it - you don't know what you missed! It's very realistic serie. It's GREAT!!! If you can see it - then SEE IT!!! Like "Karlz" said on board: "I've finally found a good aussie tv show and they go and axe it! It's because all of these STUPID reality shows are taking over... Always Greener was so good, you can relate to the characters too. Stuff that happened in the show is a reality and most aussie shows don't do that sort of thing. I'm really going to miss it... " I TOTALY AGREE!!! WE WANT MORE SEASONS!!!!!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
"Being able to watch typical country life, with thinking how weak it is."
bhlovegrove12 September 2002
I have watched every episode of 'Always Greener' and think it is great! As i am from the country myself, and know what the country life is like, it has become a tread to beable to watch a typical country family on television, with out laughing, because it is soo weak. The idea of two families changing lifestyles, from moving from the city to the country, or vias versa, is a great idea, even if the idea has been used somewhere else. I plan to watch every episode to come, and to continue enjoying watching it.
I love it!!
purplebuggy200114 May 2002
I love Always Greener, it's one of the better Australian shows out there. I would highly recommend it because it appeals to such a wide variety of audiences. The 2 families with teenage children going through what most families go through. (with a bit of tv drama type stuff added in)

The best part of the show is how it's structured. It's got that (i know its unoriginal but it's great) Ally McBeal type, 'this is what I'm thinking is happening' thing. To sum up it gets the best bits of popular shows and adapts them to suit the style of the show. With original story lines, it's definately worth watching. purplebuggy2001 :)
The Grass IS Greener!
ac_lees19 October 2001
Yeah, so the CONCEPT of it sounds dated and boringly family-like: Two families, one from the country, the others from the inner city swap houses.

Actually, it sounds dreadful! But the show has so far been done in good taste. It's not all cutesy as one would think - in the first episode, we see drugs being 'used' by the oldest daughter of the city family. It's got some real class and the characters are pretty real to life - not made-up characters to make the show more entertaining!

A good Aussie dramedy (comedy + drama together), appeals to most ages and both sexes. Especially good for lovers AND haters of the much loved SEACHANGE.
Always Greener Always Fresh
Loz829 April 2002
I wholeheartedly disagree that "Always Greener" is a rip-off of "Seachange", the only connection is the brilliant actor of John Howard, and even then, he plays a completely different character!

I find that "Always Greener" always brings something new. Unlike many comedies, it is fresh, insightful and unpredictable. The use of Dictionary meanings of a word relevant to the next scene is clever and often amusing. It plays upon reality and surreality thereby making us constantly aware we are watching a television program whilst still endearing us to the characters.

I would advise anyone to give "Always Greener" a shot as you might be surprised into realising that what originally sounds like a cliche ends up being exactly the opposite.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The best Australian series in years.
honey794 April 2002
Always Greener is the freshest, most original, entertaining and funny series to hit Australian TV screens in years. It is far superior to SeaChange, and comparisons are pointless. The casting and writing of this series is outstanding.
Aussie Series That Is Perfect
aapac13 October 2001
I have never before seen an Australian series that has so many elements that this has

It has the perfect amount of comedy, drama and romance that makes it one of the best Aussie series with All Saints, Blue Heelers, Stingers & McLeod's Daughters