IMDb > WWF Unforgiven (2001) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

WWF Unforgiven (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A good but not a memorable pay-per-view

Author: roel cuppen (rcuppen79@hotmail.com) from Venlo
18 April 2002

WWF´s Unforgiven took place in the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh Pensylvania at the 23th of September 2001. It contained 8 matches: Perry Staturn vs. Raven; Tajiri vs. Rhyno; Dudley Boyz vs. Hardy Boyz vs. The Hurricane and Lance Storm vs. Big Show and Spike Dudley; Undertaker & Kane vs. Kronic; Chris Jericho vs. Rob van Dam; Edge vs. Christian; The Rock vs. Booker T & Shane McMahon and finally Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle. The highlights of the evening were Rob van Dam vs. Chris Jericho, Edge vs. Christian and Stone Cold vs. Kurt Angle. It´s a good pay-per-view but I don´t think it will live in your memory very long.

brother vs brother, and Angle goes for gold!

Author: OzzyCash from Nashville, TN
25 September 2001

This was an emotional ppv as Edge & Christian took on each other as well as the hometown boy of Pittsburgh PA Kurt Angle took on Stone Cold for the world title. RVD continued his success with another 5 star match against Chris Jericho. Rock once again proved that he's the new Hulk Hogan by defeating both Booker T and Shane McMahon even with help from Test. However the worst match of the year also took place as Undertaker and Kane defended their wcw tag titles against Kronik this match was terrible if you watch a tape of this match fast forward it! Other matches were Tajiri vs Rhyno, Saturn vs Raven, and a good 4-tag elimination with Big Show & Spike, Dudleys, Hardys and Hurricane & Storm. Overall a pretty good ppv!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania welcomes UnforGiven

Author: avi0107
24 August 2008

1-The Hardy Boyz vs. Hurricane & Lance Storm vs. The Big Show & Spike Dudley vs. The Dudley Boyz (WWF Tag Team Champions) I expected a more exciting match but it was not bad. 5.5/10

2-Raven with Terri vs. Saturn I prefer Raven in the hardcore division and I consider Saturn as a good wrestler. The crowd was not in it, nothing great, nothing that bad either but forgettable for sure. End of the silly but yet still quite funny Moppy storyline. 4.5/10

3-Christian vs. Edge (WWF Intercontinental Champion) Brother vs.Brother. Not as good as I expected but still decent. However, this is nothing compare to the great ladder match they had at No Mercy in the next PPV. 6/10

4-Kronik with Steven Richards vs. The Undertaker & Kane (WCW Tag Champions) OK, in the edition of Smack down before that, Kronik squashed Kaientai, maybe they should have wrestle a more experienced team like the APA. Anyway, they are not very good wrestlers. Taker and Kane sold as much as they could. Taker and Kane are not made to be a tag team. I can't imagine what this would have been if it was not Taker and Kane taking on Kronik. 3.5/10

5-Rob Van Dam (WWF Hardcore Champion) vs. Chris Jericho When you have RVD and Jericho in hardcore match, you expect a 5 stars match and that exactly what we've got. Fantastic effort by these two men. I'm just not too happy with the ending, a match of this quality don't deserve such ending. 9/10

6-Booker T and Shane McMahon vs. The Rock (WCW Heavyweight Champion) Better than Rock vs. Booker at Summerslam(which was not bad by any means). So pretty good match with some good moments, Shane certainly added a lot to the match. 7.5/10

7-Rhyno vs. Tajiri (WCW US Champion) with Torrie Wilson Better than I thought but am still surprised to see this that high in the card. Good match, nothing great but entertaining. 6/10

8-Kurt Angle vs. Steve Austin (WWF Heavyweight Champion) Much hype around this one. They had a classic at Summerslam. Is this better? No. Is this still great? Hell yeah! Great contest. Austin vs. Angle is never a disappointment. Too bad 2001 is the only year we had a feud between them. Great ending to the event.

Overall, the PPV had its ups and downs. It started slowly but ended strongly. RVD vs. Jericho and Austin vs. Angle turned out to be great contest.

Kurt's Homecoming and triumph

Author: bmccree1912 from United States
12 October 2005

The match of the night were Chris Jericho vs. RVD. Summerslam's main title matches were better than the unforgiven ones. Perry Saturn Vs. Raven was stupid because Saturn fought for a mop. Tajiri Vs. Rhyno was short but pretty good Rhyno wins U.S. title. Angle Vs. Austin as most say should have ended at summerslam and I think the scenario for title match was ridiculous because angle tries to throw Austin off a bridge, Angle wins. The Rock Vs. Booker t and Shane o' mac had too much interference and a lot of unconscious refs watch summerslam match, rock wins. The tag team match was a decent match. While Unforgiven is not best it still could be worth watching. I think if you are a WWE fan, buy it and every other pay per view. Matches are good but scenarios are stupid for the matches.

I was there

Author: Derek Jamison (dmj_incorporated-1) from Clintonville, Pa
10 October 2004

I'm not sure if this PPV was as cool as I thought it was. This being because I was there, but way WAY up at the top. You just pick up on things more, There was Triple H chant during The Rock-Booker T-and Shane McMahon match. If you listen closely on the DVD you can hear it. The Angle match wasn't really a surprise but still a good match. It was his hometown, after 911 and he was the good guy. People stood up when they saw Big Show climbing The top rope. Undertaker and Kanes entrance is 100 times more exciting in person. The Jericho and rob Van Dam match was up there. The Walls of Jericho like move ontop of the ladder got lots of cheers. Everyone gets all excited when anyone goes near the announce table or gets a chair or ladder out. Overall it was a pretty good event, but this could be because I was there.