IMDb > Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers (1990) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers (VG) More at IMDbPro »

Fun for all ages.

Author: insomniac_rod from Noctropolis
31 July 2009

So it was the early 90's and I was a huge Nintendo fan. I tried to play every single game.

When "Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers" came out, I immediately bought it because I was a big fan of the series and overall, didn't expect much from it.

Oh, I spent hours playing it and I never got bored. It's simply a great action game oriented for children and for those who enjoy entertaining adventures.

The graphics were alright, the soundtrack was exciting, and best of all, the fun factor was high.

This was one of my favorite NES games and I'm sure it's ranked amongst the best of it's generation.

Please play it.

"No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small. When You Need Help, Just Call..."

Author: (robocoptng986127@aol.com) from U.S.A
17 November 2002

[MAY BE SPOILERS]

Chip'n Dale: Rescue Rangers! Along with their friends, Monty, Gadget and Zipper, star in their very own video game. Their enemy, Fat Cat, tricked the Rescue Rangers into believing their neighbor's kitten was kidnapped, so Chip and Dale head out to rescue her. While they were gone, Fat Cat snatched Gadget but she kept in contact with them through a device she invented so now Chip and Dale are on a new quest: to rescue Gadget. They travel through the streets, avoiding robot dogs and mice, next they climb a perilous tree with swooping flying squirrels, pass through a treacherous kitchen. Watch for flies, aliens and water faucets! Next, it's on to the library, just don't touch the kangaroos! Then they must avoid killer toys in the toy store. Small things to us are enormous things to them. Then, they must watch for falling steel balls in a warehouse, then finally to Fat Cat's casino where they rescue Gadget then go after Fat Cat. They must watch out for weird creatures in a sewer, but finally they reach Fat Cat's hideout, the cat food factory. Be ware of weasels with plunger guns! Also watch for hat throwing snakes. Sounds like a weird game, huh? But finally you reach Fat Cat and must defeat him. When you do, the Rescue Rangers rejoyce and know that if Fat Cat ever tries something like this again, they'll be ready to put him back into place.

Really good game! Good story, great music. Play as Chip or Dale. Monty and Zipper can help you in various stages. Find cheese and Monty can show you hidden passage-ways. Find Zipper and he'll make you invincible for a short while. I won't lie to you, this game is tricky! Pick up apples, boxes, bombs, anything there and throw them at your enemies to defeat them. Some enemies, like the plunger-shooting weasels take two hits, and do be careful when crossing the boiling pots on the stove in the kitchen! The flies will try to push you in. And in the warehouse, move quickly because the ground disappears. Other than that, it's a cool game. I recommend it, if you can find it.

Great game but too easy.

Author: ni_la2000 from Visby, Sweden
19 January 2004

This is truly a great game, but too easy. First time I tried it I was like ten. Quit difficult then but several years later I managed to finish it in only 30 minutes. One funny thing is when you play two-players you can take lives from your friend when you self has lost one. I still remember when two friends and me tricked our classmates that you could find a secret passage on the last boss, Fat Cat, to one extra level. :o)

Anyway, it's a great game for good old Nintendo 8-bits. Buy it if you have the chance.