IMDb > "Wild On..." (1997) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Wild On..." More at IMDbPro »

All hail Brooke Burke

Author: renaldo and clara
18 June 2003

Everytime I'm done watching an episode of this, I feel drunk.

Anywhere the Wild On crew goes , whether it's in South America,

Europe, or the Far East, everyone is always drinking and exposing

their boobies.

Jules Asner, the first true host(I think there was briefly one b4

her)was really cute and funny, like the girl next door. I identified

mostly with her because I can't dance for the life of me and when

you see footage of Jules dancing, she is as clumsy as can be.

Brooke Burke came next, and with as much charisma as Jules

had and then some , she also added that exotic beauty she carried

so well. Brooke was my absolute FAVOURITE Wild On! host-she

did what she had to do on the show, took risks but looked cool and

collected doing it. She was pregnant twice during filming(!) but she

could've fooled us! Brooke was the heart and quiet party-girl soul

of the Wild On! atmosphere...just look at how the Wild On! show's

popularity soared after she started hosting. .When Brooke asked a

question to anybody-even to a total drunkard in a really loud club-

she handed them the microphone and awaited their response.

She was a listener. When she hooked up with those cool young

travel guides from each "destination"-Italy, France, etc.-she always

blended in with what they were doing. No action from her ever felt

forced or was made to draw attention in any way. A graceful,

sophisticated, sexy, beautiful but truly groovy and down-to-earth

chick. Brooke was the model host.

Now Cindy is hosting, and though she's real sexy and cute as a

button, it's just too hard for her to match up to the charisma

Brooke, and even Jules had. Although she's an adequate host-it

always looks like she's having fun, and she doesn't run her mouth

or anything,-she doesn't seem to "control" or "own" the

camera....maybe she's very young yet and has to grow into it. I'm

also not as keen on the directing style of this season-they added a

sort of interview with Cindy in each episode, Let's say one is when

Cindy is talking about her personal experience with a party that

night while the show inter-cuts with footage from that party, for

example. Last season would've shown you actual footage of

Brooke interacting with the people and situations first-hand...She

seemed to make acquaintances as she walked by with the

camera close behind her. So there was never any need for

explanation afterward..the party was what you saw first-hand.

This-in my opinion, was a much more natural way to shoot such

scenes.

Either way, the show is entertaining, and definitely one of the best

shows on E! If nothing else, it really does open your eyes to a little

bit of culture -to people who have never even left their U.S. state,

while still realizing that people from all over the world like to get

"wild" in pretty much the same way.

Wild on is hot

Author: chris_rogers from United States
13 April 2006

I was mad when they took Wild On off the air. I remember sitting up till 11:00, 3:00 and even 4:00 in the morning watching Wild On E! And now they only show it on occasion. I liked Brooke Burke & Cindy Taylor the best. They actually knew what they were talking about. All the wild on episodes are so cool. If you ever watch it, you'll find out what i'm talking about. (I'm also just saying stuff just so that i'll meet the 10 line minimum). In fact, I still have some tapes of the old episodes. Even a rare episode featuring a new host that was only shown once and never shown again! Well, heck, at least they show it from time to time on E!

It's Full Circle with Michael Palin meets Monty Python, ironic isn't

Author: pingu-1 from Toronto, Canada
1 November 2002

I love this travel show because it's a travel show with a twist. I like Jules Asner hosting the first two years of Wild On and I also like Brooke Burke hosting the next two years of the show after Jules left the show.

It has your typical travel destinations but it has people in the clubs all over the world doing wild things when they're drunk and nudity uncensored which I thank Star! for that. It's Full Circle with Michael Palin meets Monty Python's Flying Circus because it just makes this type of travel show totally different from other travel shows.

I Can't wait till Cindy Taylor hosts the show because the show Wild On would be more wilder than ever!

The hostess with the mostest!

Author: maverick-60 from Auckland NZ
20 March 2003

No doubt about it: that Cindy Taylor is one fine-looking girl! She clearly has the "assets" that make this show almost compelling viewing. Unfortunately, sometimes her style and beauty tends to prevail over the show's content; and one tends to believe the presenter is almost self-conscious with her somewhat superfluous girlish affectations, which tends to vitiate her presentation and commentary on the places the show takes us. But there's no denying that she is fresh and exuberant. And she is beauty personified. This show is more suited to the MTV generation.

A true treat

Author: CmHowell99 from San Diego, Ca
22 February 2003

I watch this show when I get the chance Art Mann and Cindy Taylor are always in a city like Las Vegas to look for hot chicks. Art and Cindy always seem to get them to show their breasts. I tried to watch the episode where they go to Miami but I didn't get to. One time this woman was on the program and somebody showed her, her underwear with a photo of the woman on her and she went: Hey that's me! Then the woman went Wild on E! about wild on me and all these people we're jumping on her. Another time they we're going to dinner at a restaurant and the chef was ccoking frogs. Then on another episode they we're in Las Vegas and this man announced a bikini contest then Art and Cindy saw a car to die for. Unlike that Howard Stern garbage this a good program.

Jules good, Brooke...gosh darn awful!

Author: kmetko51 (pvonmittens@aol.com)
20 February 2002

What was once the most enchanting hour in the history of television has degenerated into sixty minutes of putrid trash. The Wild On's of old, (how I rue their passing,) featured the incomparable Jules Asner, as winsome as she is beautiful, and of course her beauty has no rival, so that tells you just how gosh darned winsome she is! Charming as all heck I tell you and with more sweetness than a sugar factory. Why who could help but be enthralled and captivated as Jules cavorted around the globe, flashing her smile across the seven seas, winning new hearts the world over. By Jiminy, truly television, and dare I say mankind, had reached its apex in that blessed hour, that sacred show, that Wild On.

Sadly the sublime spectacle that was a globe trotting Jules has been subverted by the sinister sideshow that is the Brooke Burke experience-and what a dreadful experience it is! Does this woman own one outfit that is not two sizes too small? Her tailor should be brought up on charges, but not before the cretinous producers who decided to have that crass no talent follow the hallowed footsteps of America's perennial sweetheart, the lovely Jules Asner.

How I long to see Brooke embark on a Wild On to some remote isle where television cameras are banned, and thus spare this nation the tawdry display that has sullied the name of a show that was once synonymous with class and quality. At the very least she should just stop being so annoying.

In summation, Jules good, Brooke bad, all hail the television!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------