IMDb > "Robot Wars: Extreme Warriors" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Who doesn't like smashing robots? You don't? Leave now!

Author: Spider-Lou from Bristol, CT
20 August 2002

It didn't have the comedy or thunder of "Battlebots", but this show was still okay to watch. For this show, there was an arena full of vast obstacles, including fire, a pit, a spinning disk and over-sized household appliances. Plus, there were the "house-bots" to offer a little more competition, the toughest being Sir KillaLot. I like all that stuff. The show was an hour long, so there's a lot of time to fill between matches. That's okay cuz there's Mick Foley as the psycho host who sometimes goofs on the teams, especially the Clown team. There are also interviewer-babes Rebecca Grant and Carol Grow, so no dead air time there. As for the matches, they're never boring, but they needed to get new 'bots every show, and not recycle so much.

Again, not nearly as funny or slam-bang as "Battlebots", but acceptable solely for it's cast and props.

Great adaption to an awesome British TV show.

Author: deepthinker566 from Wheeling, WV, USA
12 June 2009

When Robot Wars used to air it on TNN (now Spike), like 9:00pm Saturday. I really like this version of Robot Wars (both US and UK). It was titled Robot Wars Extreme Warriors, an American adaption to the original British TV series. It was hosted by WWE wrestler Mick Foley. the pit hostesses were Rebecca Grant (Series 1) and Carol Grow (Series 2) and announced by Stefan Ashton Frank. The first episode I watched when I became very surprised by the show, was the House Robot Rebellion, with Tricerabot, Tut Tut, Rosie the Riveter, The Green House, Green Mouse, Close Enough, Rot Box, and Silver Box. I haven't watched this show in years! (not in middle school or even the freshman years in high school) But when I watched the videos on YouTube, it brought back my memories from that show. I can know some of robots that were in the show:

Rippa Raptor, Sobek, The Revolutionist, Panzer Mk 2, Falcon, Joker, Run Away, General Chompsalot, Conquering Clown, Red Virus, Texas Tornado, Trackzilla, Unibite, Drillzilla, Tiger Cat, Mad Cow Bot, Manta, $6 Million Dollar Mouse, Propeller Head, Psycho Chicken, Trilobyte, Brute, Tut Tut, Spike, etc.

Robot Wars (UK and US) is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. (right up there with Beyblade and Battlebots).

I will review the UK version of Robot Wars soon.

Robot Wars: Extreme Warriors gets 9 stars.