An All-Star Tribute to Brian Wilson (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Great show!

Author: schwiegs from Ohio
29 September 2003

I was at this concert and it was of the thrills of a lifetime. The DVD definitely captures the atmosphere of the entire evening. If you like the Beach Boys music, this is an absolute must-have! Great performances of Brian Wilson's music by Elton John, Billy Joel, Aimee Mann & Michael Penn, Ricky Martin, Boys Choir of Harlem, David Crosby, Carly Simon, Paul Simon, and so many more including Brian Wilson & his band and an all-star jam at the end. On top of that, intro's to video segments by Dennis Hopper, Cameron Crowe, & Sir George Martin! If you are a lover of classic rock, you need this in your collection!

Great Show

Author: Larry Ellis from Illinois
11 August 2007

BEGIN SPOILER Ricky Martin stunk. END SPOILER

Oops, was that a really a spoiler? I'm not sure. Some people may want to judge bad performances for themselves, and, yet...

The rest of the performances were good to great. I especially liked Darius Rucker's contribution to "Sail On Sailer", Vince Gill (terrific on "Warmth of the Sun"), and the Carly Simon/David Crosby/Jimmy Webb trio's rendition of "In My Room".

Apologies to Ricky Martin fans (if there are any left), but his voice just isn't suited to the material. Fortunately, his performance was first so the pain was over early.