IMDb > Whacked! (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Whacked! More at IMDbPro »

watch paint dry

Author: (winner55) from United States
17 December 2006

I'll have to explode the bomb here, because the other reviewers seem a little too forgiving, for whatever reasons.

This is a terrible pilot for a cable-TV show that, apparently (thank god) wasn't broadcast.

Two friends grow up in a mob-controlled neighborhood; one becomes the hit-man of for the mob, one a professional assassin for the CIA. They are at last re-united to save an ex-hippie who has discovered a mob-CIA connection that is cheating both mob and CIA out of big bucks. Along the way, there's a love interest or two, family business with the mob-boss, the ex-hippie discovers he's attractive to a ditsy blond (comic relief), computers are essential to the plot, all guns come equipped with silencers and the two heroes are allowed to pose ala The Boondock Saints (from whence this movie gets its inspiration, if it has any). Lots of shooting and little blood (the old TV give-away) and explosions and of course about four big car-chases, since people who make these kinds of films think cars are just naturally exciting (yawn).

The whole story is dismally cynical, towards its characters, its culture, and its audience. However, being an action film, this might be forgivable - except the film is pretty darn low on action, and when it happens, it's handled rather poorly.

There's no one to care about here, and the plot is pointlessly nonsensical. And - the big nail in the coffin, especially for action films - it's just plain dull.

Take some Quaaludes and watch paint dry, you'll have more fun.

Worst Film I Have Ever Seen

Author: whpratt1 from United States
18 March 2007

This film kept my interest for a very brief period of my time and then I started to find myself becoming very detached from everything that was going on in this film. There was some drama and mostly comedy and my interest soon faded away and I could hardly wait until the film ended. I felt like I had been watching a pure messed up film with all kinds of messed up people creating a film that made very little sense. I applaud the poor actors who had to act in this film and keep it going, especially Patrick Muldoon, Paul Sampson and of course, the charming Carmen Electra who carried the entire picture on her back. Please don't waste your time like I did.

Spra-Goo!

Author: SpecialAgentMaxwell from Tacoma, WA
23 January 2005

Whacked? is one of those movies that had the possibility to be the next Anaconda in terms of quality but simply came up short. The problems with the movie can not be readily explained but I have a sneaking sensation it might have something with most people's inability to look at the lantern jawed leads face for any extended period of time without wanting to immediately regurgitate the last seven days worth of stomach contents. On a brighter note, I talked with one of the crew members that worked on this Oscar-snubbed movie and they said that star Patrick Muldoon would constantly refer to Sprague St. in Spokane as Spra-Goo. I guess we know who failed English at Bayside High. Too busy stealing Kelly from Zach, right? Jerk!

Good for laughs

Author: asofnow from United States
21 July 2003

I liked it for the wacky hijinx. Granted it could have used a little more TLC but it definately will make a fine box on some video shelf somewhere. Anything Bree Turner is in still maintains a high degree of class. And Papa John stole a few scenes as well.

Worth seeing.. just to see Carmen ones again :)

Author: Gena Saltikov from Israel
14 June 2003

I didn't catch the starting of the movie.. but it seems to be unique movie, because the camera has recorded it from a special point of view.

Somehow the movie is telling the story in such a way, that I would really think it's true, while on the same time it shows funny situations which remind that it's only a movie..

In conclusion, I think this movie worth the time to watch it.

Good stunts....

Author: Zoopansick from Ohio
14 July 2003

Brian Dodson was awesome in the stunts. Perhaps the most influential stuntman on the set of the movie Whacked! I think the direction lacked the vision that the script deserved, but what can you say? This movie is better then Dogma, I'll give it that!

Zoopansick