IMDb > "Wanted" (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Wanted"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Wanted" More at IMDbPro »

Another excellent cop show!

Author: yossarian100 from usa
1 August 2005

Another knock off produces yet another excellent cop show. I don't mind and you shouldn't either. As long as the shows are this good, they can fill the dials with cop shows for all I care. I'll worry about variety later. With "Wanted" we get Gary Cole, who did an excellent job on West Wing, to anchor yet another interesting group of crime fighters joined at the last minute by yet another strong female character. No complaints from me. The pilot reminded me of "The Shield," especially some of the photography and somewhat gritty nature of the story. If you like "The Shield, The Closer, Cold Case, Without a Trace," and "The Inside," you'll enjoy "Wanted." I give it 8 stars for getting the job done. Hey, it's all about entertainment, drama, and it's not another reality TV show. I'm in.

A new raw look at the hunt for the fugitives...

Author: Freddy X (sett_ditt_navn_her@hotmail.com) from Arendal, Norway
21 August 2005

TNT has got a lot of new good shows this summer. Like The Closer and Wanted. I know we already got a lot of cops series on TV these days and we should not get any more but Wanted is just great. I have seen the first three episodes in season 1. As I understand they are planing on airing all 6 episodes in season one. I really hope this show isn't taken of the air as a lot of other good shows has been the last year.

If you like shows like The Shield and NYPD Blue my guess is that you will also enjoy this one. I know I am. So please don't kill this show too... Looking forward to the next episode. Just saw a trailer of it on TNT and it really looks good.

Real Reality TV

Author: Monsieur_Rioux from Canada
25 October 2005

There are more similarities to The Shield than the previous reviewer (A Mess - September) says. It's gritty. Mistakes happen, wrong decisions are made...just like real life. Some filming techniques are the same with the 'hand held' camera effect. Actors 'get in the way' of the camera moving around like people do instead of taking up a fixed position. The camera moves from actor to actor in dialog, just like you do when witnessing a conversation, instead of jumping from face to face. It's like the viewer is following the action rather than watching it. Language is more realistic for the kind of situations they are in. One final similarity...it's a really good show!

"the 'shield" who?

Author: ttfr1 from United States
29 December 2005

"wanted" is a unique cop show. All the comparisons to "The Shield' are getting to be a bit much. "Wanted" is a show unto it's self...it stands on it's on. So, okay, "The Shield' is an edgy cop drama. So were "Homicide: Life on the Street", "NYPD Blue", and the "Law and Order" franchise series. Most of those series came before "the Shield". So, who's copying who? "Wanted"is an edgy show that pushes the envelope and makes no excuses. It's in you face, and i love that about the show. The team is full of wonderfully eccentric, bad-ass, tainted, lovable, hateful, charming, and crude people.

All the actors in this drama are FIRST rate. My faves are Ryan Hurst, Gary Cole, Lee Tergesen, and Josey Scott. Actually, i adore them all, but, these 4 guys just make the show perfection. Ryan is an immensely talented actor. He's made Jimmy McGloin a deeply intriguing and sympathetic character. He's got an innocence about him, yet he's a ball of rage. He's a very flawed character, but he always has his heart in the right place...even if his methods may shock you. He's the heart and soul of the team. Gary Cole makes Conrad Rose a force to be reckoned with. He's the boss of the team, and his underlings damn well better tow the line. He's tough as nails, and all in your face when you screw up...but, he's loyal to a fault, especially with members like Jimmy. He knows who he can always count on and trust no matter what goes down...and, that's usually jimmy and eddie. So, even when they're wrong or make mistakes, Connie has their back. He'll chew 'em out...but, no one else had better mess with his people. He's the daddy, and he's tough...but, true. Lee Tergesen plays Eddie Drake. He's crude, off the wall, and a real ass sometimes. But, he's a lovable ass :) Lee really makes the character likable, and oh so funny. Josey Scott plays Rodney Gronbeck. He's the teams wisenhiemer computer geek. Only, he ain't geeky. He's hard-core, heavy-metal cool. He's really the more level headed of the team, and the one that usually gets the best lines. The dialog between he and Jimmy, or he Eddie is priceless. The best partners on the show are Jimmy and Eddie. The show doesn't really have regular partner pairings of the cops, but Eddie and Jimmy do work as a team a lot. And, they are awesome together. They are so different in personality, life style, and beliefs. But, somehow, they're best friends. They'e like the ying&yang of the team. They argue, rag on each other, but they both have the same cop out-look. They both employ the same methods when it comes to getting the job done. Ther're loyal to each other, and everyone on the team, even if they don't like 'em. It's difficult to put into words, except to say, they're just an entertaining pair to watch..,great chemistry there. I haven't enjoyed a cop pairing this much since "Homicide: Life on the Street's" Frank Pembleton and Tim Bayliss. That's saying a lot.

It's rumored the show has been cancelled. i really hope not. I've grown to love it, and will miss it like crazy if they take it away forever. I love these guys. I love this team or angsty, imperfect characters. They're so real, so vibrant. I don't want to have to say good-bye to them or this edgy, full throttle show. Live 'Wanted"...LIVE,

One of the best crime dramas ever to hit TV in a long time

Author: deeanna-martin from United States
22 September 2006

I LOVED this show! I loved the in-your-face I'm-not-going-to-put-up-with-your-crap dialog between the characters. Despite their differences, they always had each other's back yet made mistakes along the way and actually took RESPONSIBILITY for their errors...something many people need to learn how to do. Gary Cole was fantastic as the leader. He loved his team and he loved his family.

I cannot BELIEVE TNT canceled this show. I watched every episode. I wish they would consider bringing it back. If they have time slots to show four hours of "Without a Trace" then surely then can fit in one hour of "Wanted".

No sissies wanted . . .

Author: simpsjd from Seattle, Washington
26 December 2005

If dialog and character development are your thing then this is a program for you. This is a program that stays true to its characters and makes zero excuses for whom they are. For that matter how they got that way. More than anything else, it is great to see a program that will push the envelope; and when you think, it is all-OK the hits just keep on coming. This is a program where no one is safe. Make no mistake this program tears at the hearts of cast and watcher. This is not a program for the faint of heart as it pushes towards primal vengeance at times. The great thing is that it still holds true to core values just hiding in the gray area. This is a program that will hopefully get to go the full 100, and then some; so when you sit down to watch this program turn your P.C. meter way down or off and enjoy a great program.

Top Notch

Author: almcb25 from United States
7 January 2006

T.V. Shows come and go. It has been this way for as long as T.V. has been around. This fact will never change and try as they may even the best cannot predict what will become Prime-Time Gold. I've seen shows that had everything plus a little extra and still bombed in the ratings. This may mean that our ratings system is flawed, but the truth is it has nothing to do with ratings. It all comes down to the coveted perfect time slot and the power of string pulling financial backers. However TNT's new Hit Drama "Wanted" may just be that Diamond in the rough. Now in order to keep from spoiling anything for the new viewers I will avoid mentioning any important plot points, However I will say this, Give it an episode or two and I think that you'll find that even though "Wanted" may push the envelope a little far at times, for a Task Force charged with finding LA's 100 most wanted Criminals, a little pushing is required. In closing I hope that you'll agree that "Wanted" is a top notch Crime Drama that deserves a fair shake in the Hollywood ratings War.

Wanted-Don't Miss It!

Author: davidt1949 from United States
12 April 2006

I don't know WHAT show the posted user comment was referring to but it wasn't the show I saw. WANTED crackles with excitement, great acting, great plots, driving score. The criminals run the gamut from petty thieves to Nicaraguans with revenge on their mind. All this falls on the shoulders of an elite force of police. Each with their own special demons to deal with--which inevitably influences the final outcome of the case they are involved with, and the particular players they are trying to round up. This show should be called Razor's Edge! Add to this a special liaison from the Commissioner's Office, and a DA who thinks the WANTED force are all loose cannons and should be stepped on regularly and you have conflicts that crackle with originality & breakneck pacing that makes it totally captivating.

One of The Best Shows On TV Canceled

Author: myria-4 from United States
5 January 2007

This was a 10+ show. The network "powers that be" are a bunch of blithering idiots. Has anyone taken note of the fact that 90% of TV programming is now "realty TV." I don't need to watch "realty" on TV. I live it every single day!!! When I watch TV I want to be transported out of my every day "realty." Head Cases, starring Chris O'Donnell and Adam Goldberg, yet another 10+ show, was canceled after 5 episodes. Does anyone remember the show Vengeance Unlimited (1998-1999) starring Michael Madsen as Mr. Chapel? The 10+ shows that have been canceled by the network idiots are too numerous to name, but I'm sure there are thousands out there that remember them just as I do.

Overly Predictable Plot

Author: blong06 from United States
14 September 2005

First of all, I really wanted to like this show. My fiancé and I have watched the first five or six episodes, and just kept reaching for things to keep us watching. While the guy with the handlebar mustache is great, as with the Lt., some of the actors look like they might be reading from cue cards. And the woman redeeming herself at the end of the last episode after falling asleep on the job. Come on...who didn't see that coming for a half hour before that. The concept for the show is great, it has a few good actors, but it just doesn't deliver. I felt like you could predict everything that was about to happen before it happened. Even with nothing on during the summer, I had to cancel my TIVO season pass even before the season finale.