Mahô no star magical Emi (TV Series 1985–1986) Poster

1 ReviewOrdered By: Helpfulness
Another favorite "magic girl" anime to enjoy
As a lover of the "magic girl" genre of anime and having 24 favorites, Magical Emi is another favorite I had recently discovered days ago. Also the series is another that came out on my birth year 1985.

The story goes like this: More than anything, Mai Kazuki wants to someday be a magician like her hero Emily Howell, but she is young, clumsy and unsure of herself. One day while helping her grandparents, she came across a heart-shaped mirror. Then a bright light appears and speaks to her. The light revealed itself as a fairy named Topo, who wants to give magic to the one person who can see him - Mai. Topo frees himself from the mirror and possesses a stuffed flying squirrel; along with him comes a magic bracelet. Then he gives Mai the bracelet which turns into a magic wand and instantly transform her into a beautiful, teenage, green-haired magician. When Mai used this newfound magic to help her grandparents' magic show, she's discovered by a TV producer and is now becoming a media sensation. Though to keep her power secret, she came up with the alias "Emi". That is all I could tell you folks.

I really love the animation & design of this series. It's too bad the series is not available on DVD in my country, but I was fortunate to find and watched 10 episodes on YouTube. So anyway, my last word is that this is an awesome anime to enjoy.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this