IMDb > Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch (2002) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch (V) More at IMDbPro »

Another Air Bud...

Author: matrixchic007
4 August 2002

I would have never guessed. This movie might not be as bad as #3, but it's certainly getting there. Though the acting might be a little better in this movie...really, who wants to see another Air Bud? The magical thought that all of Air Bud's puppies can also play sports is just laughable. Although baseball is a great sport, it's a little strange (and totally fake) that a dog can really hold a metal baseball bat and not break all its teeth hitting the ball. Well, that's pretty much all I have to say...hmmm...I'll give it a 4 out of 10.

Some things are best left alone.

Author: descendent528 from Kansas City, KS
23 June 2002

This movie qualifies as one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It is so bad that it is funny at times, such as a dog being able to hit a fast ball holding a metal bat with his teeth. Or a dog being able to field a ground ball with out opposable thumbs, something is wrong here. And to top the whole thing off, the dog gets drafted to a major league team at the end. Please, at all costs, avoid this movie. Take all of the copies from the Blockbuster and hide them under the shelves.

The Moment Air Bud Got Weird

Author: allyball-63124
18 March 2016

To all of you Air Buddies haters, this is where the series got weird not Space Buddies. It still has the heartwarming feel of Air Bud and Golden Receiver but it's also really weird. I mean, Josh going to college is fine but Air Bud playing Baseball? I get Basketball, Football, Soccer, and Volleyball but you have to hold a bat to play baseball. However, that's not the weird part. The weird part is that Air Bud's grown pups have been kidnapped by a raccoon and some gangsters. I mean, what the heck?! As for my enjoyment, I liked it better than World Pup but it's not as good as Air Bud or Golden Receiver. I'd say it's on par with Air Buddies. (which I did like)

Great children's movie

Author: L Bell from United States
8 November 2014

This is the first of the Air Bud movies that I've seen. I read the parental summaries of the other ones and it didn't sound like they were completely appropriate, but this one didn't, and so I gave it a shot.

I watched it with my 5 and 7 year old sons, and they both loved it. They found it very entertaining and cute the whole way through. I had to explain what was going on with the bad guys because that was a little over their heads, but they got it well enough. I appreciate that this is one of the very few movies that I've ever seen that actually earns its "G" rating.

Yeah, it's not the BEST movie for adults, but it's really not awful either. I had to hold in my laughter at some parts that were just too cheesy, but hey, the kids enjoyed it. The dogs were pretty and I enjoyed watching to see how they made it look like they did such amazing acts. There are a couple good lessons in there that you can talk to your kids about, as long as you're watching with them.

I highly recommend this for families, as we will definitely be watching it again at some point.

More like Air Bud: Fourth Movieplot Stretch

Author: Tony Baloney from The Middle of the United States
10 February 2014

Josh was dead to begin with. There was no doubt whatever about that. Oh wait, he was just boarding the bus to college. Everyone from previous movies is on the bus with him, because Fernfield graduates don't have options. Except Brita and Molly who are totally gone. I assume they went to some fancy private school leaving Josh and Co to raise the puppies (who they distributed around the city) This devastated the Buddy family financially. They were forced to move to a less auspicious house and to trade in the "classic older guy attractive" stepfather in for Al Borland. And they had a baby of their own. IT'S KEVIN!! He doesn't do anything in this movie but boy am I glad to see him in preparation for the next movie.

Andrea lives in a dirty clothes hamper. Did she have something going with Josh and that's why she's so sad that she buries herself in his dirty undies? Gross. Are they steps or fulls? Still though. She remembers to say goodbye. So, Buddy runs in front of the bus to college knowing that when his bones crunch beneath the tires it will stop. But it stops sooner than that. They say goodbye and Josh leaves forever.

Now Andrea's the star! She needs to figure out a sport to play for the spring for some reason but is TOTALLY incompetent despite once being a decent soccer player coached by a real fake British person! She ends up on the co-ed baseball team because Tammy is a rockstar on the field. She's the best shortstop I've ever seen, that's why they make her catcher.

Andrea rides the pinepony (as usual despite the team only having exactly enough players). Why is Andrea so bad? Because they never once practice. She sits on the bench for three games while Tammy makes headlines (literal headlines with full color pictures every single game). They never have a practice. Tammy gets hurt so Andrea has to play (The downside of cutting your team numbers so close). Tammy is "just bruised" and out for six weeks. What a wimp. Andrea and Tammy fight about it until a dramatic confrontation between them at Tammy's front door. Well, it would be dramatic except in the background the entire time is Tammy's toddler sibling who is FASCINATED with something going on below their belt and is hardcore busy with that. I can't believe we live in a world where they didn't think they needed to reshoot that scene. Did they? Was that the best take they got? Horrifying.

So Andrea sucks. She loses three straight games for the team (headlines blame her!). Until she spends 20 minutes practicing with Buddy. (Though don't be fooled because they reuse the same shot of Buddy 40 times). It takes 15 attempts to catch fly balls and a dozen practice at-bats before she becomes a decent player. It's outrageous that her coach never considered "practice" as a method of improving skills. Buddy also realizes that he can catch balls flying at 100 mph with his teeth and swing a bat by hilariously turning his head. It's incredible. It's the least appropriate sport for Buddy and he's clearly not capable of it, but that doesn't stop them!

In the meantime the baddies (Chef Paul Prudhomme) want to kidnap the puppies to test their genetics to see why they're so good at sports. It's actually a pretty noble endeavor and if they weren't operating out of a streamline trailer then the puppies would probably just donate some blood to discover that. Maybe they still would have if they ever considered asking. It's so needless in the end really. They drive a crappy car because they're poor. The crappy car ends up a plot point because it drives slow enough two girls can ride their bikes after it. After they kidnap the puppies the impotent sheriff of the town calls people by the wrong names, threatens to shoot random innocent people, and posts posters. In short, he's worthless. Rocky Raccoon would have been a better sheriff. If he wasn't a baddie that is.

In the meantime, with Andrea kickin' butt the Timberwolves are going to the championship! (That losing streak as usual doesn't keep them out). I sure hope something doesn't occur so that Buddy is late to the game. (There is still nothing in the rulebook that says a dog can't play baseball. Though who can imagine that a DOG would ever play a game that 100% requires hands?). He is late. They save the kidnapped puppies through a mix of both breaking and entering. The dogs run away because they're dogs and dogs have that ability.

Andrea, Tammy, and Buddy are late and nobody cares. Their families are at the game looking back and forth across the field but never standing up or looking or anything. Everyone in town is at the game, all of the puppies' owners (all childless adults) seem obsessed with Middle School intramural baseball. It's kind of terrifying. What are they even doing there? Maybe that's the only way to soothe their sadness about losing their dogs/employees (one dog pumps gas). The coach barely even cares. They're playing a man down on the field and the umpire (mailman) is not on their side (despite being obsessed with buddy).

Josh comes back after taking a taxi from college. I don't know where he goes to school, but I do know that since it isn't in Fernfield proper that taxi ride probably cost over $60. Andrea would have preferred the money. He only makes it for the last inning though. That's right, the only person later to the game than Buddy was Josh. Buddy arrives and wins the game.

Later he plays in the final game in the World Series. Or the whole game. For the Angels, a team completely unable to win without external help.

Bring me a giant Abraham Lincoln instead.

Author: al_242 from United States
14 November 2005

First off, it's about a dog that plays baseball. If this were set in the future, with maybe some ogres and robot men having a war against a giant Abraham Lincoln wearing a diaper, it would have been entertaining. In its current state, I hardly see how this could entertain its target audience, anybody younger than 6 years old. I watched it with my girlfriend's dad when we were both hungover and our headaches got worse!! This was atrocious, and the actors should be ashamed for having stooped so low as to dignify this movie's creation and release. THE DOG HITS A HOMERUN WITH A BASEBALL BAT IT HOLDS IN ITS MOUTH. ENOUGH SAID.

Pretty woeful

Author: Lupercali from Tasmania
7 January 2003

Let me get this straight - Air Bud 3 was worse than this? I've only seen 1, 2 and 4. Well I'll definately be giving 3 a miss.

I can't understand how anyone could say that there is little difference between the first Air Bud and this movie. The original was a good family film with good acting and production values, good pacing and tension - Ok, nothing out of the ordinary - not the Schindler's List of dog movies, but perfectly respectable for a lowish budget live action family film.

Air Bud 4 on the other hand, though it still has respectable production values, features indifferent acting at best, a plot that is really getting tired, some utterly stupid, ludicrous characters - particularly the villains - almost no decent sporting scenes involving Bud, and worst of all, really, really, REALLY bad pacing towards the end of the movie. The 'climax' is so limp it's embarressing. Let's just say that the means by which the bad guy's plot is foiled is so utterly devoid of dramatic tension that it defies belief. Then we get an ending which uses a stock plot device whch has been used to tremendous effect in plenty of movies - but here it's just boring. The timing, the pacing is all wrong. The movie has all the hallmarks of a production crew who just don't really care about what they're doing, and in a family movie, that's really a big mistake.

I have no problems with suspending disbelief. All the people who are harping on about how Buddy must be 13 now, and how can a dog do this and that - go watch a nature documentary if you want realism. This is a fantasy. It's problems aren't with the improbable story, they're with the insipid way it's told.

I'm going to rent the original again. I'm sure it will seem like a masterpiece after this.

Air Bud 4?!?!? What?!?! Thank you, Jesus!

Author: jball242003 from US
18 January 2009

Baaaattterr uppppp!!! Or should I say, baaaaatttterrrr PUPPPP!!!!!! I can honestly now see why God created this earth!! To see the movie Air Bud 4 come to fruition! This movie made Air Bud look like CHUD...and I looooved CHUD! The addition of Rocky the Raccoon really tied things together for me; cause honestly I was completely lost after Air Bud: World Pup. The only thing that could top Air Bud as a soccer player? Of course! A baseball player! This movie absolutely needed to be made! Richard Karn's reprisal of "Patrick" made me jump out of my seat and "beg" for more! My God, please movie industry, keep turning out cinematic gems such as this because I am eating this crap up like a fecal-pheliac!

Oh my gosh! This movie rocks!!!!!

Author: Defiance37 from Massachusetts, USA
14 September 2002

I'm 14 and think that Air Bud 4 is the best movie that has come out recently. I think Buddy and the Puppies are the cutest things! Not to mention that Kevin starring as Josh does a lot to bring up my vote! Not a lot of people think that a 14 year old would even consider sitting down to watch this movie, but me and my friends actually had an Air Bud party and watched all the movies back to back (commenting on how cute Kevin was the whole while). I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and HIGHLY recommend it, especially any teen age girls who want to see cute dogs and guys!

Not great, but not bad, either.

Author: scofieldmath from Kissimmee, FL
24 June 2002

Air Bud 4 is the latest in the series about the sports-playing dog, Buddy. This time around, though, it's a little bit different. Instead of teaming up with his regular pal, Josh Framm (played by Kevin Zegers), Buddy teams up with Josh's younger sister, Andrea (played by Caitlin Wachs).

Of all the Air Bud movies, I enjoyed this movie's plot the most. It focuses on Andrea and her many "problems": starting junior high school, her brother going away to college, her parents ignoring her in favor of the new baby, and her (at first) pathetic attempts at playing baseball. Unfortunately, Buddy is not as involved in the sports scenes as he was in the first three movies. He really doesn't even play until the near-end of the movie. This makes the pace of the movie a little slow at times. (It's also hard to accept that a dog can be a great baseball hitter.) Of course, being Disney, the movie is predictable and gives off warm fuzzies (which is not a bad thing). The subplot of the scientists is never really explored, which is a good thing; it would have ruined the movie. This is not a movie to rush out and rent/buy (unless you have a wife who loves Golden Retrievers, like mine), but it's a good film to watch when you have some time to spare. I recommend it for anyone who likes this series.