IMDb > Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (2001) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (VG) More at IMDbPro »

Sic Game!!!

Author: (pmlroberts@hotmail.com) from Metuchen, New Jersey
1 January 2003

This game had me going even before I started playing it. I'm not someone who skateboards, but the characters are terribly good at it. I don't think I know a better game that involves sports like this. All of Tony Hawk's other games aren't as good as this one. I would like to recommend it.

Arguably the best in the series

Author: bowser724 from MN
16 November 2002

THPS3 is the best of the series! If you have a Game Boy Advance, PlayStation, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, or N64 I strongly recommend this game to you. Do not buy the Game Boy Color version because it's crappy like the rest of th series on GBC. But on all other systems it rules! You can play as any of 10+ diff't skaters and rock the parks with your guy! Or girl in the case of Elissa Steamer, the best one besides Tony himself. The foundry is a good place to start and practice your skills because it has wide ramps, easy halfpipes, and lots and lots of rails. As for the soundtrack, THPS3 boasts a 12-song set of hip-hop, heavy metal, and pop. I especially like Track one,which carries on with Hey, Ho, let's go! A great buy for anyone who loves skateboarding.

Gets better everytime

Author: Marko Djordjevic from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
21 December 2001

The third Tony Hawk game is by far the best one with awesome graphics, super-interactive environments and so-much to discover you will be hooked on this game for a long time. The PS2 version is excellent with Online Capabilities and its create-a-skater and create-a-park modes, you can have so much fun with this game. Although this game is over-shadowed by more popular games on the PS2 like Metal Gear Solid 2 and Final Fantasy X, you should really check out this incredible Action-Sports Game because you will love it.

Great Game

Author: TheEtherWalk from Canada
1 February 2003

Everything about this game is excellent, except for one aspect: the music. Punk definetly fits here, but i was a little surprised when I read the manual and saw credits from rappers like Redman and Xzibit, and there are at least 2 other rap songs on the soundtrack. The one Gorillaz track is ok, but gangsta rap doesn't belong in a skateboarding game.

Other than that, a very good game. Highly recommended.

The Best Tony Hawk Video Game

Author: MovieAddict2016 from UK
7 January 2003

With excellent levels, great graphics, realistic physics, and more options than ever before, "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3" is the best Hawk game yet.

Fun Factor: 5/5

"Who said games are for kids?"

Read my reviews on the other Tony Hawk Pro Skater prequels and sequel(s) as well.

John Ulmer

There's simply no better skating game.

Author: thomas297 from Karlsruhe, Germany
20 June 2002

Cool tricks, cool skaters and absolutely cool music make this one to one oft the best games I've played. Having played both predecessors, I can say the guys from Neversoft are doing their job pretty well. They constantly improved the controlling and made up some really cool maps with challenging goals.

This game won't ever become boring! Even after you have completed all goals, you can match yourself with others playing online. Neversoft finally integrated the long expected internet multiplayer mode.

I think this game fits both, hardcore and casual players. You can try getting all goals (with all players), unlocking all the movies, finding all secrets or just do some laid-back skating after work (or school).

This Game Kicks A$$

Author: Ricky Lang (crackmonkey96@aol.com) from Myrtle Beach
13 April 2002

This game has everything 1 and 2 dosen't and the create a skater and park editor has been upgraded. If you don't skateboard then you'll probably wind up doing it after playing this game. Also when you get tired playing ypu can just watch skate video's of the world's top pro skaters like tony hawk,Rodney Mullen, Bucky Lasek, Bam Margera,and Many More. Well what im really trying to say is that this game kicks A$$

Highly addictive, enjoyable masterpiece

Author: livewire57 from United States
5 April 2002

Even I was surprised when I first played this. I'm no skateboard enthusiast, and I was rather cynical at first. I would never have considered trying this game out had my cousin not put it on the top of his Christmas list. I purchased the game and gave it to my cousin for Christmas. He was notably happy and ecstatic when he unearthed the shiny CD from its colorful wrappers, and we proceeded to spend the entire day in front of the living room big-screen, perfecting our rail grinds and 900's (whatever that means). I ended up playing it more than he did, and this is saying alot for me. I am not easily amused with video games, but this was one of the few that managed to grab me for a significant amount of time.

I'd rank this up with Grand Theft Auto III, both are masterpieces in their own right. However, I have tried to avoid playing whenever I visit my family now - because I usually spend the majority of the day in my cousins room instead of with the family that I love! Not recommended for people with addictive personalities (smokers, alcoholics, etc.) Just kidding, but seriously, this game is great, it requires a measure of skill unlike many silly shoot-em-ups out there. It never gets boring. Aside from the multitude of fun and realistic settings, cities, and skating parks provided (along with many secret levels), you also have the unique ability to create your OWN skating scenarios, your OWN skating parks and cities, so the fun never stops. If your a busy college student taking 21 credits and juggling a part-time job, wait until the summer to start playing! Because once you start, you won't want to stop.

very good game

Author: The_Wagon from United States
25 November 2005

This is the third Tony Hawk game and I have it for Nintendo 64. It has all the skaters from Pro Skater 2(except Bob Burnquist) and it has added a new pro to skate as: Bam Margera! Career mode is basically the same, except instead of buying stat points, you can find them throughout the level. Also, instead of collecting tapes or money, you can find new decks in the level and you have to just beat goals to advance to the next level. Free Skate is basically the same. Gameplay gets a 7.9/10.

The soundtrack is really good. It has Motorhead's Ace of Spades and The Ramones' Blitzkrieg Bop. 7.7/10.

Graphics are basically the same as the other Pro Skater games for the Nintendo 64. Donkey Kong 64 and Zelda: Majora's Mask will always have the best graphics on N64. 6.6/10.

OVERALL: This is is a very good game. You need to buy it or rent it. And if you have it, good for you! 8/10.

FINAL RANKING: Pretty good!

fun

Author: bubbamstocks from raleigh
17 January 2004

fun game.....i have for the GBA...easy to play.....but i don't like the music....since it's GBA you can't have *real* songs on there by real music groups...but still it's a cool enough game...i'd give it a 8 out of 10 rating...