IMDb > Bubsy (1993) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Bubsy (TV) More at IMDbPro »

An interesting, if failed, TV pilot

Author: Shawn Watson (curiositykilledshawn@gmail.com) from The Underverse
24 November 2004

I love Bubsy the Bobcat. He's so cute and funny. His video game was loads of fun and I thought he had major potential to be a big star (and maybe still). Plus I loved his T-Shirt with the big red exclamation mark!

This TV pilot however was far too-dated for 1993 and didn't think ahead. The animation, music and characters were very late-80s in design and story line was too whacked-out with no internal logic. And while I love Bubsy's trademark 'What Can Possibly Go Wrong?' line it is used far too many times in this 30-minute episode.

It would have been nice to see at least one or two seasons of Bubsy but all we're stuck with for now is this ancient pilot that's practically impossible to track down.

This is so goddamn annoying

Author: TheDarkWut
5 July 2013

Everyone knows that the Bubsy games were less than great, and I'm sure everyone can agree that Bubsy was always annoying as hell in said games.

Now imagine that annoyance level multiplied by ten and in animated form.

The show was so terrible that it only spawned one episode. That's one episode too many. This was awful, just like every other animated show based on a popular video game franchise.

The voice acting is sort of hit-or-miss, sometimes it sucks and sometimes it delivers nicely, the humor is lacking, the animation is okay despite turning to some cheap animation techniques every now and again and, oh my god, if he says "What could possibly go wrong?" one more time, I will do something illegal involving a sharp object.

Don't waste 25 minutes of your life on this. It's awful.