IMDb > "Power Rangers Wild Force" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Power Rangers Wild Force"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Power Rangers Wild Force" More at IMDbPro »

great series

Author: indianman from Baton Rouge, La
11 December 2002

This was a great series especially the multiple red ranger episode. The story line was good and it had great action i am ready to see the new series and to see how they can bring these rangers back into action as they have done since power rangers in space when the blue turbo ranger got to shift into turbo one more time.

Pretty Good

Author: SimpsonsRock11
10 November 2002

I really like Wild Force. Although my favorite PR series will always be the campy and stupid, but ultimately lovable Mighty Morphin Rangers and the hourlong drama-esque Time Force, Wild Force ranks up there with Space and Lost Galaxy. The characters and villains are very well developed and although the monsters are still stupid, they're much more interesting than the ones in MMPR, Zeo, or Turbo. I also think that the acting is really good here. Practically the entire cast is newcomers, and I think they do a good job. I hope to see them in other acting roles, especially Cole...he is very cute! All my friends think I'm insane for still watching the Rangers but oh well. I think it beats the pants off stuff like Jimmy Neutron or Rocket Power.

It's not time force, but it's still one of the better rangers shows

Author: gohmifune from United States
6 October 2002

This is not the best PR show ever, but it would be 4th out of ten. Time Force being the best, then Lost Galaxy, and Lightspeed. The story is pretty good, characters are way better defined than they have been in the past, and you can see and apprecialte all the rangers as individuals as well as a whole. When going into this, I had just come off a Time Force high, and I kenw that no show could ever top that one, but this one comes close. The shinnign point is the lack of the original Gao Ranger footage. In comparison to the original MMPR, this one has come along way. As I am writting this WF is comming to the end of the season, and many plot twists, three crossover episodes( TF/Wf, and Forever Red), and an abundance of incredible and well done wire work later, I am enjoying this series and am looking forward to what will be an awesom finale.

Power Rangers Wild Force is the best

Author: jimmy
12 June 2003

Power Rangers Wild Force is the best season I ever saw. Ricardo Medina Jr, Jack Guzman, Jessica Rey, Alyson Kiperman, Phillip Jeanmarie, and Philip Andrew were the best Power Rangers. The best episode I liked was "The end of the Power Rangers parts 1 and 2". I also liked Power Rangers In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue. Tracy Lynn Cruz, Melody Perkins, Alison MacInnis, Sasha Williams are all hot actresses. Also I'm very upset that there won't be a Power Rangers Wild Force/Power Rangers Ninja Storm teamup.

(Round 2) Check it out

Author: dtm666 from Montreal, QC
12 October 2002

It is rare that I make a second review on something I'll already reviewed. However, after having seen more of PRWF, I've had a change of heart concerning this series.

Of the episodes shown as I write this, the best ones happen to be the three crossover episodes, including two episodes with last year's Time Force group and the 10th Anniversary episode which has ten Red Rangers (each coming from a PR season) join forces to fight a common enemy. These episodes did comprised of little or no stock footage from the Sentai sources; all fight scenes were done by the American producers. To say the very least, the US-made fight scenes were very impressive and very well done. One has to wonder what a full American-made Power Rangers series would look like without any source sentai to rip off of.

The storyline is starting to improve and become more interesting. Then again, this is always the case with a PR series when it is reaching the end of its run.

I still can't stand CGI zords. I admittingly prefer grainy Japanese footage over the clean stuff, but this doesn't distract from the central product. Each year, the Power Rangers series make slight tweaks and improvements in their productions and have gone a long way from the early Mighty Morphin Power Rangers days where the show didn't take itself seriously. Ten years later, love it or hate it, the series has matured. Check the show out if you get the chance. You will be surprised.

The best season ever

Author: cagayan365 from San Francisco, CA
25 September 2002

I think "Power Rangers: Wild Force" is THE best PR season ever. The first season was of course the original, but after watching it again it seems too dumbed down. Wild Force and also Time Force are a huge step forward from the first few seasons. Great cast, better stories. Overall entertaining show.

Good start of new PR show

Author: bclayton1 from Durham, NC
10 February 2002

As being a Power Rangers fan, I watched the two-parter on Fox. As understanding the importance of Saban switching to a PR show to keep it fresh and exciting every year, I was pleased at this beginning for a new show.

An orphan named Cole (newcomer Richardo Medina Jr.) is chosen by his tribe to go and venture out into the undiscovered world, as he is the "Chosen One." Upon arriving in an unchartered land, which looks like the New York or California shoreline, he goes in search of the two people in a mysterious black and white photograph. Saving a lovable golden retriever from being destroyed, Cole has a nasty encounter with the two animal control officers, which turn out to be two villains, Jindrax and Toxina.

After a restless night, Cole is abducted by four young adults--Taylor, Matt, Alyssa, and Danny (Alyson Kiderman, Philip Jeanmarie, Jessica Rey and Jack Guzman)--and taken to a mysterious floating island. There, he meets a beautiful woman, Princess Shayla (Ann Marie Crouch), who turns out to be the mentor of the four people he was abducted by, who are the Wild Force Rangers. He learns that he is had been chosen to be the Red Lion Wild Force Ranger, leader of the Wild Force team.

I will step in to avoid any spoilers of the episodes, but as it goes, it seems to be a nicely constructed beginning to yet another Power Ranger saga. Keep your eyes on this one, as this seems to be a promising PR show. But you like the old episodes (Morphin, Zeo, Turbo, Space, Galaxy, Lightspeed and Time Force), ABC Family will start airing repeats this March.

But for all Power Rangers fans, this recent incarnation is worth a peek.

*** out of 4 stars

Author: bclayton1 from North Carolina
24 May 2003

Solidly entertaining (though a considerable notch below "Time Force") show that concerns a new team of Rangers picked by a ancient Princess to defend the Earth from ancient Org monsters. The show is bad in the first few episodes, but vastly improves when the Zenaku saga comes along.

The show is then boosted with a superb teamup with the cast from Time Force and a special 10th anniversary episode which marks all the past and present Red Rangers teaming up to save the world from the remains of the Machine Empire.

Besides all the high points, "Wild Force" is disappointingly panned by a lot of people, just because of the first few episodes. Once you get used to it, this is a entertaining little show that gets more fun as it progresses. Tight-pacing, decent acting by 3/4's of the cast (Volok, Guzman and Jeanmarie's acting sucks), and a somewhat solid storyline help moves things along.

Followed by "Power Rangers Ninja Storm."

Give the Show a break for crying out loud!!!!

Author: Kaine-2 from St. Louis
16 October 2002

I've been reading some of the comments on ALL the PR series. And my main comment to some of you (mainly the ones that don't like the shows) is SHUT UP!!! Nobody said you had to watch the dang show for cryin' out freakin' loud! If you don't like the show fine. Simple answer . . . DON'T WATCH IT!! Easy enough?? Granted almost all the monsters are cheesy (it's a KID'S show for cryin' out loud!) but no one is forcing you to watch it are they? No one is twisting your arm and tying you to a chair are they?? Now then, now that I've said my peace. Personally, I like all the shows, some more than others, but . . . (like Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, and Wild Force). I'm not too keen on changing casts every year, but it keeps it interesting. I was slightly disappointed in the "Forever Red" episode, but the fight scenes more than made up for it. I don't know if Saban ever checks these comments, but, in case he does, Release a longer version of that episode to video, PLEASE!!! Preferably one that explains it a little more. To all the guys and gals that don't like the shows consider this . .. ALL of the Power Ranger shows are adapted from Japanese Sentai. The only way to stop Saban from making Power Rangers is to stop the Sentai, which is going to be impossible because it is so popular out there. Also, in regards to Sentai, which I would like to see some if it ever gets subtitled and released in America, consider that it has been running (with the 5-hero format) FOR 25+ YEARS!! THAT'S ANOTHER REASON WHY THE MONSTERS ARE SO CHEESY. I don't mean to diss Sentai (like I said, I would like to see some), but think about it for a second people! If Saban does read these comments, DON'T EVER STOP making the shows!!! I'm looking forward to the 11th (can we count that high???) season of Power Rangers entitled Power Ranger Ninja Storm. 11 seasons!! THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE!!! LONG LIVE POWER RANGERS AND HAIM SABAN!!!!!

Not That Bad, Still Better Than Samurai

Author: kiti22
5 July 2014

I Still Don't Understand why Any Power Rangers Fans Hated that Season? I Thought it was a Decent but OK Season along with Season 2 of MMPR, Turbo, Mystic Force, Jungle Fury and Megaforce

The Zords are Pretty Good because it was the First Season that Features CGI Zords The Rangers are Cool The Villains of Wild Force are Better than the Villains of Ninja Storm the Theme song was Great and the icing on the cake is this season has the best team up episodes of the franchise such as forever red the Finale was pretty epic

the problems of that season, the Acting was not that good, the first four episodes are weak and Let's Not talk about the whole Kit/Animus arc cause it's a Bit Boring and that kid actor is beyond awful!

but a lot of fans called wild force "one of the worst seasons ever made" but i think it's not that bad, well wild force is still better than samurai and ninja storm