IMDb > "Hot Fudge Show" (1976) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Hot Fudge Show" More at IMDbPro »

Muppets in the disco era

Author: IrockGswift (IrockGswift@aol.com) from east orange, new jersey
20 May 2003

I remember way back when watching this show when I was 5. The songs they had were pretty cool like the puppet "Seymore" and the Hot fudge gang theme song. The funky lights the show had in the background while the songs were sang was like a music video. Simply 70s with a hip puppet called "Dr. Teeth".

Recently celebrated on Detroit Public TV

Author: bah-4 from Detroit
9 December 2007

This educational show focused on emotions, interactions, and relationships. It was produced at Detroit's ABC affiliate and syndicated in 90 markets nationwide. This past week, Detroit Public TV had a 1-1/2 hour clip show as part of their pledge drive. Wow, the memories that resurfaced! While I remembered the show, there were segments that I'd forgotten about but remembered instantly a soon as they'd begin ("Hot Fudge HOLY MOLEY!", Detective Tomato and the pies in his face).

For more on the Public Television special, do a search for "Hot Fudge Comin' Atcha Concert"

Hot Fudge-Comin at Ya Now- Hot Fudge-Come on

Author: mychadelik from NJ, United States
4 January 2007

In the spirit of the Great Space Coaster, but a few years earlier.

Hot Fudge was one of the psychedelic kid's shows that I grew up on. Seymour was a big, fuzzy, green puppet, with a crescent smile of enormous teeth which nearly split his head, I recall him wearing a variety of Elton John-type shades.

He "played" piano, and had a Jesus looking dude in a white tux, sitting next to him. They would have a moral discussion and then do a song about it.

Don't remember much else except the opening theme, Seymour and the Hippie.

No one else I know remembers it at all. I grew up in Jersey, so if it was produced in Detroit as a previous post said, it wasn't just local. Seymour reminded me a lot of Sherlock the Squirrel from the Magic Garden (another psychedelic kids show if there ever was one.) People always talk about LSD's effects of music and movies of the 70s, but it seems kid's show writers got a dose as well.

I also watched this show!

Author: Leslilu from Puyallup, WA
17 May 2004

I lived in Guam at the time, but I have always had this show in my mind- remember the theme song- "It's hot fudge -hot fudge, hot fudge" and I had a doll- it was like a hairy thing, like from the Adams Family, and it had a styrofoam recliner that he rode in. I took that doll everywhere with me. I didn't know anyone else who had ever seen it, til now. :) Wish I could find some media on it! I would love to have the theme song, or see some of the old shows, just to relive the corniness of it. I cannot hardly remember anything else about it. My little brother doesn't even remember it, but I was about 7 when it was on. How many seasons did it run? Two?

This Show Was A Part Of My Early Childhood

Author: leighabc123 from Portsmouth, Virginia
16 June 2008

Every episode I saw when I was an innocent child was stupid. There were some funny looking puppets called "The Mitts" who would always discuss childhood things. They would play this song before "The Mitts" part of the show that goes like this "Let's join the Mitts..." There was a Groucho Marx puppet that told jokes. Before the session, this man would sing "Hot Fudge! Right On!" There was a green puppet with teeth that was called Seymore. We would always see more Seymore. He would crack jokes and sing every episode. There was always a moral in every episode. One episode, a man sang "Liars are losers!" Another episode he was singing about sharing and caring. Seymore said tell me about those two little girls "Sharon and Karen." The Hot Fudge Holey Moley part has this man doing weird stuff and they played weird music.

Please Show at least 1 rerun or sell the DVD

Author: keir2k (keir2k@bellsouth.net) from Hampton, Ga
21 July 2004

I can't get this show out of my head. I remember as a child watching this show and the theme is still in my head. If adding to the comment list will help generate some buzz to bring shows back, I am glad to add. I almost need to seek therapy to get that song out of my head. If you can bring that show about that British boy stranded on an island with puppets and singing on TVLAND and the Banna Splits. You most certainly could bring back Hot Fudge for a week or at least sell some reruns. I would most surely buy a copy. Along with this the Fat Albert and The Cosby KIds would be a welcoming addition too. Take our kids back to the 70's and maybe that will decrease some of the violence. Stop with the shows having talking grown babies and these shows where the kids are supposed to be in High School and have this made up drama that makes normal kids into drama kings and queens.