IMDb > Safari (1999) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Safari More at IMDbPro »

I give it a ten

Author: i_can_dream from United States
4 February 2005

A great action/adventure/comedy. Genius! I like it! It follows true Bollywood form. This may be biased though - I always like Goel work. Quite talented you know. However, one facet of the film stood out to me. The gorilla in this movie was stupendous. I do research at the Florida University and I document animal behavior. At first, I truly believed that the gorilla in this movie was real. I was shocked! I worked and worked to contact the production staff - I was so fascinated! I was later lucky enough to interview this talented actor. Then I realized that he generally acts likes a primate, even when not on screen. Still, it was great art. I give him "four thumbs up!" Brilliant!

Completely FANTASTIC!!!

Author: bombaygirl from United States
1 May 2007

This was one of the best movies I've ever seen. The Indian motion picture industry at its finest! This movie has everything -- from romance, to action, to drama, to fantasy. All in all, a great afternoon or evening spent with the family. I would highly recommend watching this. The director's work is fantastic. The characterizations of the protagonists are extremely well worked. Sanjay Dutt and Juhi Chawla have an inexplicable electricity together on screen. Tanuja is also at the peak of her career in this movie. The songs are completely unforgettable and beautifully choreographed. The exotic setting of the jungles in Africa and India is a sight that cannot be missed. One of Jyotin Goel's finest.