IMDb > "My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star" (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

A Rock Star Super Series! It ROCKS!

Author: Patrick W. Guerrero (WhiteTigerPat@ameritech.net) from Frankfort, Illinois
28 March 2002

The standout star is Oliver Hudson. A real breakout star! This series is based on a band that wants to make it big but as we all know have to go through rocky situations and trying everything to make it big in the rock buisness. It's a hard job but I bet they make it! A great series and a fun show. Great looking cast and very fresh! Watch the show on the WB network. So watch with enjoyment because I have every on on tape. Give it a chance a real winner! Out of 4 stars I give it a 3 1/2. Just a fun show to watch.

It had great potential

Author: NikMarlboroChik from Providence, RI
20 April 2002

This show definitely exhibited the potential to be great, but then they drowned Danny in a mud puddle. Who would continue to watch the show without James DeBello? He was the greatest actor on the show, and once he left the show we were left with an occasionally amusing show with a washed up star's son.

How could they do this?!?

Author: NikMarlboroChik from Providence
11 April 2002

This show started out great, it had an interesting cast and was really funny, but then on the second episode they killed James DeBello's character Danny! I admit that his drowning in a mud puddle was absolutely hysterical, but seriously removing the best character on the show was a very bad move! There just is no reason to watch it anymore...