IMDb > "Raising Dad" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Raising Dad" More at IMDbPro »

A great show.

Author: kenny_c_hueholt
14 August 2002

I really like this show. It's too bad it won't be back in this fall. I really liked Saget's role as Danny Tanner on "Full House" and was glad to see him back on "Raising Dad." Also, Kat Dennings and Brie Larson are really talented young actresses. And there's Jerry Alder and Andy Kindler. They're really great too. They really need to bring this show back on television.

A Good Quality Show!

Author: SEANNSCOTTLOVER
13 July 2002

It's very rare that my family can stand each other long enough to sit through a entire television show. Raising Dad is the exception. Finally there is a show that myself and my younger brother can agree on. It's funny and relatable to all ages. Bob Saget is *funny*. You can't help but watch and think to yourself "wow...that is exactly what my dad would say!" That's what my brother and I said. If it's cancelled, we will be losing a truly refreshing family comedy.

Full House clone

Author: mattkratz (themattk@hotmail.com) from Richardson, TX
2 August 2002

This show is a lot like Full House, with Bob Saget again playing a widowed father who gets outside help from friends in raising his daughters. It's an okay show at best. I sort of like it, as the show does have some funny moments.

THE BEST!

Author: stephen_didlick1 from Surrey, England
13 April 2002

My favourite show at the moment HAS to be "Raising Dad". Please, please, please, WB do NOT cancel it. I just saw it on Nickelodeon UK and knowing kids and teens, it will get popular and played WAY more then it should!

Maybe the humour could be better, but, it is an excellent show!

SAGET=THE MAN!

Author: Mike Spada (reelbigdvda) from Quincy, MA
6 November 2001

To think... Full House was only the beginning. Saget sucked, but just last month i realized... he's so dumb, so cheesy, so corny... THAT IT'S AWESOME! But it was over. Until RAISIN' DAD! Delayed 2 or 3 times, when I first saw the show, Saget was dubbed my idol. His corny humor is back, but more mature, and that alone makes Raising Dad great! With his hott daughter and awesome grandfather. the younger daughter we could to without, but the grandpa needs someone to work off of. Even though this show is bound to be cancelled, I'm thankful for Saget's one small comeback.

How DOES a dad work at his daughter's high school and not embarrass her?

Author: Rachel
14 October 2001

Raising Dad is a surprising new addition to the WB Friday night. It is a show that can actually be related to by teenagers, (especially ones who's parent/s work at their school.) Bob Saget is Matt Stewart, a widower who is a teacher at his older daughter's high school, proves to us that even adults can make mistakes (you never know what might slip out about your family during you English class.) Playing the older daughter is the fabulous newcomer Kat Dennings. As Sarah Stewart, Kat does a fabulous job of really showing us, the viewers how it is growing up in a world missing your mother, where you live with your widower father, cynical little sister and aging grandfather. Brie Larson plays Emily Stewart, Sarah's little sister who's best friend is her grandfather (Jerry Adler), and together they scheme to keep Emily out of school. Also is the cast is Meagan Good who plays Sarah's best friend. You might recognize her from Nickelodeon's "Cousin Skeeter". Raising Dad is very well written, the jokes and the storylines keep us WB Friday night viewers wanting more. (And this is coming from someone who swore strike on the WB Friday night after "Popular" was cancelled!) So turn on your televisions and set your VCRs for the WB at 9:30 every Friday night, or who knows what you might be missing!

Not good,Bob Sagget is the man.

Author: MVolante1986 from Providence, R.I.
10 December 2004

In reply to the last comment, I agree this movie does suck, but Bob Saget has an excellent sense of humor. He recently came to my college and I can readily say he is the funniest man I have ever seen, and this comes from an avid comic watcher, SNL, not MAD TV cause it sucks, and all of Comedy Central's stand ups. He is a very smart man, his whole show was ad lib, it was excellent full of cusses and rude commentary, it was awesome. He is a very funny man when he is not on children's TV. But hey, when your getting paid thousands to do easy roles wouldn't you? I know I would. Have you ever seen Dirty Work directed by him? I laughed my ass off the entire movie! Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Horrid

Author: Lothlann
22 March 2002

Awful. Just awful.

I remembered Bob Sagat having acting skills in Full House. What happened here?? This show is terrible. I don't expect it to survive further than this season.

awful!

Author: gabster
1 February 2002

At first I thought this show would be a big hit! But I was wrong! It's not the worst show iv'e seen but it definantly has it's down-sides! I enjoyed one episode but the others bombed! I am being nice when I give this show a 2/10! Bob Saget needs to gal!!!

Don't cancel my favorite show! (Idiots)

Author: r.braxton@gte.net from Plano, Texas, USA
23 September 2002

I can't believe they're cancelling such a great show like "Raising Dad", and leaving crap on, like "Reba"... morons. What's a witty, clever, quick, funny, and upbeat show to do?

If a network exec is reading this... get a clue, and pick up this show... what ever you have to do, get it. It would be a definite hit on a major network. Please, someone, save my show!