IMDb > "Emeril" (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

Not well-done

Author: bux from Tecumseh ok
5 June 2002

This poorly written sitcom relies entirely on the charisma of Emeril, and he needs help. The scripts were dreadful, the supporting cast (with the exception of Urich) were pedestrian, and the entire concept seems poorly thought out. Linda Bloodworth Thomassan, who with her husband gave the much needed support to President Clinton, via advice and speech critique, seems to have lost out again. And again it is the viewers that suffer.

Ignore the Critics!

Author: tvgal23 from USA
2 October 2001

The critics slammed this show before it even premiered, but its really good! I saw it and thought it was hilarious. The supporting cast is terrific and who knew that Robert Urich was so funny? Ignore the haters and give this show a chance.

Kicking it up doesn't notch.

Author: afijamesy2k from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
25 September 2001

Not even Emeril Lagasse cooking can save this disjointed, overheaded idiotic nonsense, starring emeril lagasse as a TV chef from the food channel,who with help of the crew to try to make the show better, poor plot and stupid script throw this show down the drain, Robert Urich wasted in the poorly supporting role and sadly this was his last one ever(R.I.P.),

This is the worst show of 2001 and it will be on the list of the worst shows of this decade.

I Feel Very Sorry for Emeril Lagasse for making this sitcom, he even said himself it stunk.

It's hard to believe that they are the same producers of designing women that did this mess.

You Know there's a difference between this dreadful and his later shows (Emeril Green, Fresh Food Fast, Emeril's Table, The originals with emeril & the emeril lagasse show) the only difference is those later shows were watchable and this wasn't. TV Review: 1 Star

not a bad show

Author: bigjoe122181 from United States
22 April 2005

i really was a pretty good show but it was against his Emeril Live show so it really had no audience. Those who would have watched were tuned into Emeril Live on Food Network. I really think it was a good show just wrongfully setup by the time slot. maybe if it was a different time, it would have been a hit. Though time slot has a lot to do with how well a show does. the show "Friends" was a terrible show and it was successful due to the time slot. It was as unfunny as a show could get. The jokes were so sophomoric and lacked any depth needed to make a show good. Though other shows, such as the simpsons, were great due to time slot and genius writers. That show has been going for many years and still keeps that plots fresh. Yes, they do have a basic formula of the sequences in their writing, but it still works with many different events that happen throughout the show. So, you may have good writing but a bad time slot and fail, or a good time slot and crappy writing and succeed. but failure doesn't yield a bad show.

The only cooking show that keeps me hooked

Author: Marisa from San Fransisco
14 October 2001

Most cooking shows are boring, and I fall asleep after the first five minutes. (And I'm 13.) But this may sound weird, but Emeril is the only cooking show that I actually enjoy watching. It's fun to watch what he does, and what he makes. Overall, I give it a 4/5.

Leave Emeril Alone!

Author: JJC-3 from USA
27 January 2005

It was not Emerils fault that the show bombed.

The Thomasons would not let Emeril "play" Emeril as himself.

There were no "bams", no "kick it up a notches".

They forced him to play a toned down version of himself.

Then cast a bunch of actors around him to liven the show up.

Sure Emeril is no Sir Laurence Oliver, but neither is Tom Hanks.

Emeril was handicapped by not being allowed to be himself.

Emeril can still buy and sell any of you out there who have knocked his effort.

I went to one of the tapings of the show in California and in my opinion did as good of a job as was possible given the circumstances.

At least HE tried, can any of you dopes say say the same!

My favorite cooking show.

Author: TxMike from Houston, Tx, USA, Earth
12 December 2004

I have always cooked, starting when I was a mere teenager. I suppose I was attracted to cooking for the same reasons that I became a Chemist. It really is the same thing. I first learned of Emeril Lagasse from my friend Dave in New Orleans. Long before the American audiences learned of Emeril and his patented "bam" approach to a little extra seasoning, he was operating "Emeril's", one of the most highly regarded small restaurants in New Orleans. Dave said when he dined there, Emeril often would drop by his table and chat, just to say 'hello' and to make sure the food was superb. So it was with great joy for me that Emeril now has his own TV show. There is no question he is a highly entertaining person, and although I have not personally met him, those who have tell me he is exactly that away from the camera. I don't always try to cook what he presents on his show, but I never fail to learn something from him. After all that what the best cooks do, learn for others and use that knowledge to create something new and distinctive. You go, Emeril!!

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]