IMDb > "The Amazing Race" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"The Amazing Race"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"The Amazing Race" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

It's still one of the best shows on TV.

Author: (llihilloh)
26 December 2002

'The Amazing Race' is without a doubt the best reality show on television right now. It's way better than 'Survivor', which seems to get all of the attention every year leaving 'Race' in dire need of viewers.

The first season was great, the second was the best, and the third was also fantastic. You won't hear any complaints out of me. The activities and tasks were just as interesting, if not more. Each episode was fast-paced, as it is designed to be.

I wasn't too crazy about the teams, but I was cheering for one or two by the near end of the series.

'The Amazing Race 3' was just as good as the others. I still love it; it's one of my favorites. I sure hope that it comes back for at least one more season. Any more than that would be even better.

So, Phil was looking his best, I'm sorry that Derek and Drew didn't win, but I am glad that Zach won even if it was with Flo. Great editing and snappy music helped this show roll right along.

More people need to watch this show. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it!

Very entertaining show

Author: MovieCriticMarvelfan from california
1 December 2004

Wow this is one of a heck of a show, if you never tuned into a show like the Amazing Race, and your sick of some the other poor stuff on TV like wrestling, definitely gives this a try.

The Amazing Race is a hit and this latest version is better than ever. The drama , the stunts, the suspense is all.

These people of course race all over the world for a million dollar prize all while performing ludicrous and physical stunts.

The list this season includes two married selfish loudmouth entrepreneurs from California: Jonatha and Victoria. A father and daughter team. A Grandparent's team: John and Mary. A formerly dating team : Adam and Rebecca, an engaged models teams. lol and my personal favorite the pro wrestling team of Lori and Bolo.

These two are the funniest thing on TV, seriously this is like if two pro wrestlers had a sitcom on TV, and you get to see all the stupid things they did, some of the stereotypes you imagined , they show. True hilarity.

As far as locations so far they've been to Chicago, Iceland and now Sweden.

Obstacle courses included everything from snow skating to bicycling to building mini houses to extreme gliding!!!

Of course every team watches the clock and stupid moves will hurt them in the end.

The Amazing Race 6 is high entertainment though and this season wow your in for a treat.

If you want a *real* reality show, The Amazing Race is IT!

Author: Flash_hsx
10 August 2003

You can skip all the other dopey reality shows that have come along recently, The Amazing Race has GOT to be right up there with the orginal.. Survivor! This show offers adventure (which is the name of the game) fun, excitement and entertainment!

If CBS will give this show some time, it will build a large audience, I'm sure. Watching teams compete at various feats, trials, and tasks is entertainment in itself, add the addition of watching as these teams travel the world jockeying for 1st place is pure enjoyment!!

I think Jerry (Bruckheimer) has a winning combination here!

Good season with a horrible ending

Author: Jon (Jonger_2002@yahoo.com) from Dallas, GA
17 August 2005

I just finished watching season three on GSN. Overall, I enjoyed it, but I absolutely hated seeing Zach and Flo cross the finish line first. Every dime of that money should go to Zach for keeping his cool and not smothering Flo in her sleep. That girl has to be the whiniest, most annoying person that I've ever seen on TV. She threatened to quit nearly a dozen times! I was hoping that Zach would knock her upside the head with one of the paddles during the water challenge in the second to last episode. Maybe that would get her to shut the hell up.

Flo is a horrible person who I hope Zach seriously distanced himself from after the race. But knowing him, they're probably still best friends. That dude definitely has something in him that most people do not. In the dictionary, the new definition of the word patience should read "See Zach Behr."

'The BEST season of The Amazing Race'

Author: Alex Bond from Auckland, New Zealand
14 January 2005

'The Amazing Race 5' is the BEST of all six complete seasons to date. If you've never seen the show, I recommend this season over all others. Why? Season 5 had a combination of interesting and amiable teams as well as original locations, only 2 of which had already been visited in previous seasons. The 'Bowling Moms', Linda and Karen, added a lot of fun to the show - they were almost always lively and seeing them go so far on the race (to 4th place) was a highlight. Although I liked Colin and Christie, seeing Chip and Kim win was great - it was unexpected - and this is what added to this season's success. What I particularly liked about the locations visited was that producers for the most part avoided Europe (save for Russia, which was interesting) and visited other places, more interesting places, like South America and the Middle East. I'm just hoping that CBS releases the seasons on DVD - if they do, choose this one! 5 Star Entertainment - so much more refreshing than Seasons 6 and 7.

Bravo CBS!

Author: smwcross from Boston, MA
15 April 2002

An avid viewer of the first installment of CBS' OTHER reality-based television show, I was quite happy to see The Amazing Race 2 had managed to appear in my TV Guide listings this year.

The Amazing Race follows 11 teams of 2 people with some sort of pre-existing relationship (mother/daughter, best friends, etc.) on a race around the world. Teams must follow clues to discover the next destination, and how to get there is often up to them to figure out. Along the way are various "pit stops." Be the last to arrive at most of these, and your team is eliminated from the race. No fuss, no muss...the quickest survive. NO tribal councils, NO voting!

That is what makes this show so wonderful. Contestants are forced to use not only their strength and wits, but also their (deep breath) intelligence in order to survive. The Race becomes the sole arbitor of who remains, and the viewer ends up having as much fun following the contestants as they do following the ever-surprising route. This is competition at its most basic, and simple is wonderful!

Keep this series alive...it's quite simply the most entertaining of the entire genre.

It's Amazing!

Author: musicman85 from United States
6 April 2005

WOW! This season is definitely as good as the previous seasons. This cast is considered to be more "real" than last seasons models, and actors. The final 4 teams left are married grandparents Meredith/Gretchen who have continued to beat the odds, Uchenna/Joyce married parents who continue to run a strong race, Rob/Amber survivors who have been at the top fora long time, and finally Ron/Kelly the dysfunctional team of the season.While most people don't like them, I can see why. They have changed the way the game is played. Overall the cast is better than last season. Ijust wish that the interesting people would have stayed longer. The locations have been nothing but exotic. So far they've been to South America, Africa, India, and next looks like Turkey in the coming episode. After that they'll probably start the journey back to the US. All and all this season will be one to remember, and has changed the way of the game forever.

just amazing!

Author: fritz2525 from Toronto, Canada
15 October 2001

WOW! This tv show is good enough to beat Survivor but they belong in the same network so... Anyway, I like how they put it together--[11 teams with 2 people in each team]. The one that really gives colour to the show is the contestants and their personality. The editing was really great & I think they should win an Emmy for this. There's alot of action in it and great games. After watching an episode you just can't wait for the next one. Right now I heard its the second best reality show next to Survivor so again GOOD JOB CBS! One thing I love about this show is the places, every episode they go to different country. >

Just an amazing show

Author: Critter1223
30 August 2012

Last December, Survivor South Pacific ended and I had to find something to watch while the 3 months passed until Survivor came back. So I decided to try out this show, Amazing Race. I was hooked after 1 episode and watched an entire season in 1 night. By the end of the 3 months I had watched all 19 seasons of the show. It became my new obsession. Easily the best show on TV, even the duller seasons such as 4, 8, or 13 are still awesome and entertaining. I know this show is definitely not for everyone, you need to like reality shows to enjoy this (obviously), but if you are a fan of survivor, big brother, or even fear factor, I would definitely suggest giving this amazing show a chance.

The Amazing Race So Far??

Author: SuperNoob3000 from Canada
19 October 2005

So far, this years addition of the amazing race family edition, has been satisfactory. I think that it is a great idea to get the kids involved, but I really think that the families should start going into different countries. Even if their are little kids, countries like Canada and Mexico should be fine. I cannot wait until the end of this years addition. I don't know about you, but my bet is on the Linz family. They seem very strong and competitive. After watching tonight's episode (Shroeder family eliminated), I think they might start to bring the families into Canada. So far, I have liked the idea of all challenges being fit for all ages. Even if some are a little bit to easy, their good for the kids!!I cannot wait until the end....peace out!

Page 1 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]