IMDb > Casper's Haunted Christmas (2000) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Casper's Haunted Christmas (V) More at IMDbPro »

Kids, Save Your Pocket Money for Other Diversions ; -)

Author: Zdislav_Dorklehoven from Oosterscheldekering
3 November 2009

No notion why the people always find time to put forth film criticisms. Here goes nevertheless as I, too, am not without my various DVD evaluations, and marching dauntlessly forward! In the context of a small set of Casper's filmations on DVD? Sure. Okay; Better than WETA's Gollum in regards to Animatics, in fact. Since I am a giant Casperfan, (both of the comic and of the Films) and in "his Haunted Christmas" this merry ghoul is no slouch. Watch as he defies even the torture chamber of the witches. I must say: CASPER'S HAUNTED X-MAS IS NOT THE BEST FANTASY FILM. I must however say this film with its yuletide adventure wherein Casper wins again all hearts, is rife with biting humor found throughout the entire film and makes a mockery of anything within Walter Lantz's ouerve. (Otherwise, Casper is a Clunker) ; -) This double DVD edition is not however (unfortunately) the cat's pajamas. At first glance one sees the features contain the Trailer, the TV beginnings, and the beginning of the old German video version. At second glance one sees nothing more. Unfortunately the "Dokumenation" does not offer new realizations, except that of Casper's 18th Century origins in a largely forgotten tome The Midnight Bell, by F. Lathom. And you thought Micky Mouse was old!

How could anyone not love this movie?

Author: Jason Lopez (bon_jovi_forever55) from United States
12 December 2006

I watched this movie on TV the other day, and I liked it so much, I bought it online right afterwords. I guess you have to be a Casper fan to want to run out and buy it like I did, but I bet anyone could at least enjoy this movie.

If I had to describe this movie in one word, I'd say it's pretty CUTE. It's nothing amazing, but you have to keep in mind that's it's mainly for little kids, and possibly families with high cuteness tolerance. I think it made an adorable holiday film.

Not many people I know have seen this movie, and before a few weeks ago I'd never even heard of it. And the ones who have seen it say it's stupid, not funny, the animation is horrible, and way too corny.

It may be a bit on the corny side, I admit. But it's for KIDS, and it's Casper, so I expected as much. Of course it comes nowhere near comparing to the 1995 Casper film, but it's one of the better sequels.

Anyway, I'd say it was pretty funny for and not stupid at all. And as far as the animation, I've seen MUCH worse. It's pretty good for what this movie was made for. Better than a lot of the movies you'd find in this one's genre.

Anyway, the worst thing about this movie is there are one or two inconsistencies with the other films and such, but it shouldn't bother you unless you're a complete Casper fanatic.

I'd say it's worth watching, and it comes on television quite a lot during the holiday season, so you've really got nothing to lose, except maybe a couple of hours, and that's only if you don't know how to have any fun.

P.S. The above comments are mine and no one else's. Keep in mind, I'm slightly biased, being a huge Casper fan. But that also means I'd know if it sucked compared to the other movies. If you think 'Ahmahgawd, this sounds great!' and you run out and buy the film, and you think it sucks, you can blame me. And I'm sorry. But don't take the time to sit through an entire children's' film only to pick out what you don't like. Try to have some fun and enjoy yourself. It is Casper, after all.

Eh, it's for the kids.

Author: aaronmocksing1987 from United States
18 May 2008

I stopped watching Casper since the 1995 film, but that isn't to say I haven't watched Casper in any other media. I've seen some of his cartoons, based on the movie and ones like Spooking About Africa, A Haunting We Will Go, among others. I guess if you've got kids who won't know who Casper is until they've thought of it fondly as they grow older, then you might possibly enjoy it. I found it "O-K" but neither great nor too bad. Then again, I wasn't even paying attention half of the time...

...but yeah, so...