IMDb > Blood (1997) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Blood (VG) More at IMDbPro »

The first of the blood soaked shooters.

Author: theCHUD from Toronto, Canada
3 March 2002

Man, I can't say enough good things about this game. Sure, it's dated, but at the time of it's initial release, it was very cool. You get to run around as undead anti-hero Caleb and kill monks & monsters with all kinds of cool weapons that result in bloody, gory deaths. Even better was the flare gun, which caused enemies to run around screaming "It burns! It burns!".

I don't expect anyone to run out and play this game considering it's age and Doom like graphics, but it was obviously made by people who like video games and like horror movies, and that is a cool combination. If you want a taste of what this game has to offer, check out it's sequel Blood II: The Chosen. It uses the much more advanced Lithtech engine but still has the heart of the original game. Blood rocks!

Great game. Replayable today.

Author: gelziabar
30 November 2006

Of all the build engined games, Blood had the highest production values and graphics and beats even Shadow Warrior even though the latter in my opinion, is a little more fun to play due to the main character who is much more "alive" than Caleb in Blood. Essentially it was a Gothic Horror version of Duke3D which made it very attractive in a market where similar products could not be found at the time. But even so, Blood was very professionally engineered. The level design in Blood was excellent and they offered a fantastic soundtrack on the CD. This game perhaps has the best weapons of any FPS conceived, at least on par with Duke3D's arsenal. Despite its age, Blood still has a strong fan following which strangely, continues to grow.

Blood!

Author: Movie Nuttball from U.S.A.
16 November 2004

The Blood series is one of the most exciting first person shoot em up video games! The characters, monsters, and the action makes this game a fun non-stop playing time! Below is a brief look how I think the game is!

Game Play: The game play is very good. There is really basic controls here and is easy to perform. Novice gamers should have a good time here!

Graphics: The graphics are wonderful especially for the PC. The backgrounds are really beautiful!

Difficulty: The game is easy but as it goes on you find out that it will become more difficult!

Music: The music is great! Just fantastic catchy tunes through out the game! In My opinion its some of the best music ever in a video game!

Sound: The sound is great. Nuff said!

Overall: I have always loved Blood! If you like excellent shoot em up games then I strongly recommend you play this game!

To purchase this video game check out Amazon.com!

Fun, haunting and great atmosphere.

Author: swedzin from Deadwood
8 October 2012

I first came across this game in 2000, 3 years after it's release. I was very familiar with Duke Nukem and Shadow Warrior games from 3D realms, and they were both great, but this game, leaved some special impression on me. I was really thrilled after my first game, and after I finished it, I felt sorry. The game offers you really haunting, creepy atmosphere, eerie opponents and ominous musical scores and sound effects. There are also references from such movies as "Psycho" and "The Shining", also "A Nightmare on the Elm Street" and "Friday the 13th". I often played it in the dark, because it enhances the atmosphere even more. Because, you find yourself sometimes in such places filled with thunders, lightning, some strange deep voices that repeats itself over and over again, and that's what I find about this game to be so cool, even for an old game, to leave such a strong impression. You are Kaleb, once a soldier in armies of darkness, leaded by the Tchernobog (Devil). Kaleb and his love Ophelia were betrayed by the Tchernobog and killed. Thus, Kaleb rises from the dead and start seeking justice and revenge through dark, cold levels and other hellholes. Kaleb is not as Duke Nukem, or Lo Wang, he is more of a tortured soul who also have one liners filled with dark humor. The gameplay is good, Kaleb is agile and has a cool set of weapons. Overall, try this game, it really is entertaining and scary as hell. I recommend it.