One on One (TV Series 2001–2006) Poster

(2001–2006)

22 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
Great
Babs4222 July 2004
This is my favourite television series. I absolutely love 'One on One'. The cast are great, especially Kyla Pratt and Flex Alexander. The only problem is I cannot seem to be able to purchase a video of the series from anywhere. Which is a real shame. I love this show and can't wait to see how things turn out! I really miss it when the series is over!

The entire cast perform one hundred and ten per cent in every episode, which is great to see. Breanna is by far my favourite character! She's fiesty, pretty and just plain likable! I think Sicily is a great actress too and I think she could go very far. This series is great and I just can't wait for the new season to start!
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
BRILLIANT N REALISTIC!
lisab55520009 June 2003
I love this show. It isn't a cheesy show that always has a message but it is hilarious and Kyla is a great actress and I'd love to see her in otha films and shows.Good show and you have to watch it if you enjoy other teen sitcoms and even if you don't.
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Brilliant show
Darlyams11 March 2002
Ok, I know I say this type of thing in all of my comments, but this show is actually brilliant! Totally funny, and realistic too, not like other tv programmes, most programmes try to be funny and realistic at the same time, but have never managed to acomplish this until now, it deals with real issues and not fake ones which you find on other programmes theese days, I really do reccomend this show, and I have only watched 3 episodes so far, it really does grow on you, so watch it more than once before you go out dissing it, because you may change you're mind and will regret what you have said. 97% for the show.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The best show in the UPN lineup on Monday nights!
Nathan Rivers19 April 2003
One on One is a smart, and comedic show about a bachelor, Flex Washington raising her witty, sexy, and sometimes trouble making teenage daughter Briaana.(I would definitely like to meet her one day, KYLA RIVERS in the future, remember that!!) The show is original, and has many experienced stars. Kyla Pratt(Briaana) has been in many shows and movies such as Docter Dolittle 1 and 2. Flex's friend, Dwayne has been in many shows as well. Don't forget Flex's ex-wife who played Pam on the popular series, Martin. Overall watch this very funny show.
7 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
One on One
lg4822320068 February 2005
I enjoyed the show "One on One" it is very good and touch some important issues. For example,there was one episode which SHE and HIM where going to have sex for the first time,at least thats what SHE thought.She found out he wasn't a virgin and she decided to wait for the right moment.The show is a show that parents should allow there teens to watch and some cases can be rather helpful in the issues they could be facing in their own lives as teens growing up with parents who doesn't always understand.This is my favorite because I like HER as an actress ,role model,celebrity,and a beautiful goddess,BUT I AM 18 FOR THOSE WHO MY THINK I'M GROW. THANKS
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
BEST TV program yet! If you haven't seen it yet, quick you better get a view of it or believe me, you will be kicking yourself!!
Lorna Pratt19 February 2005
One day i was flicking through the channels on the TV, when i stopped on the program 'One on One' after viewing this for about 2min it became my fave program! It is a funny and REALISTIC teen comedy that captures how life really is, in the BEST possible way. In every episode of 'One on One' something brill is bound to happen, that will make you continue to watch the program the next day. The comedy is outstanding and will make you laugh for hrs, the cast is the 'bomb' no other actors could play the parts so well! I would strongly recommend this comedy, fantastic program, outstanding program or what ever you want to call it! I promise that you will be glad you tuned in!! I give this program 6 *stars* out of 5 *stars*! I hope you do proceed and watch this! You will be doing yourself, your BEST FAVOUR YET!!!
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Great to see high-quality Afro-American TV
MikeFab123 December 2002
First off, let me point out that I am a white male who grew up in East-Cambridge, MA. It was a very multicultural neighborhood. SO as you can imagine I had plenty of multcultural friends. As a child I loved to watch shows like The Jeffersons, Good Times, Cosby Show, In Living Colour, etc. These were all good shows. But some were criticized becuase they were too stereotypical and oddly some were criticized for not being "accurate" enough. Such as the Cosby Show. I used to ask my friends why can't people make up their minds? Do they want Black people portrayed as ghetto gang bangers in movies like South Central or like high society annunciaters (white people in black people's bodies) like the Cosby Show? They usually looked at me and laughed. After all how do you answer such a Sociological-Philosophical question. Well, anyways, then in the mid-90's came the WB and UPN networks. At first their shows stunk like FOX did in the late 80's and most of the 90's. And then they found their audience! Young people in Urban areas. My kind of neighborhood. At first I jokingly called them "Average Black People Shows". But that sounded ambiguously racist so now I say A.B.P.S. LOL!! They're basically Shows Like Moesha, Parkers, Sisters, which starred Brandy and Diana Ross's daughter (name escapes me). And several others which names I forgot, but they starred Robin Givens, Alfonsa Rivera, Malcolm Jamal Warner, and other African Americans from TOP NBC, CBS, and ABC shows from the 80's and 90's. At first it was GREAT to see them working again, but then it got weird. After all some of the shows still stunk. Mostly the writing and obvious cheap budgets. I mean just look at Homeboys in Outer Space!! Although, I liked others such as the Parent Hood which should STILL be on the air today!! I guess what I am trying to say is I like One on One. It is a good show. It is one of many of those A.B.P.S.'s that are on the air today on the WB and UPN early in the week. Both networks have improved ALOT these past 2 or 3 years and so have their programming, writing, budget and actors are great. Keep up the good work Flex and never do anything like Homeboys in outer space again!! It wasn't
5 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
How was this made? Let alone for 5 seasons!?
TheEmulator2323 March 2008
I will admit that I didn't watch too many episodes of this but for the few I did watch I thought they were terrible. The so-called scripts are laughable, the acting is atrocious, and the basic plots are snore-worthy! This has got to be the worst show that has ever been on for 5 years! I cannot understand how this even became a pilot let alone have over 100 episodes. I cannot understand what possible appeal this has to anyone. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone that has two eyes and ears. I had watched this when there was nothing else on, and thanks to this show I have started reading a lot more than I have in the past. Whatever you do don't waste your time with this absolute drivel!
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
This show is garbage!
Adolphe_Menjou20 October 2005
this show is one of the stupidest shows i have ever seen. besides the heinous line-up which UPN holds, this one is the most vile. like that All of Us it is pointless. the UPN shows try to portray the black middle-class but instead merely make senseless humor that has little to do with African-Americans PERIOD. Unlike the Cosby Show which was a blueprint for the future description of a black middle-class family(i.e. the Fresh Prince and My Wife and Kids) these shows fail to grasp the Afro-American experience and culture. whereas Cosby, fresh prince and my wife and kids SHOWED and didn't TELL of Black Family Unity, this show as well of All of Us is shows foolish baby-mama drama and the disrespect black men would have for they're child's mother. Cosby, exemplified the sophisticated black middle-class, with witty humor, exemplary fatherhood and taught his children respect for jazz, blues and the like. this show is more about a frivolous child whom tries her father's patience. to say the least the father is not that good, or well played. the child is snappish something which even when will smith joked, he always knew his limits.

my conclusion if you ever see this show on you can either

1) change the channel

2) turn off the TV and run as far away from the TV as possible

or

3) watch the worst programs of the UnderPaid Negro channel
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Realistic
DominqueZarinha31 December 2002
This series is a very realistic series unlike some I've seen. The acting could use a little more effort but it is a great, comedic show for the entire family as it tackles real issues. Breanna played by Kyla Pratt (Dr. Dolittle) is funny but sometimes her character is pushed to being too funny to a point where she is just not funny and very annoying. Her dad portrayed by Flex Alexander (Out Cold) is also very funny. His character is trying to raise his daughter without spoiling her and that can relate to many people. The show is nice. I watch it as often as I can and I give it *** out of *****.
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this