IMDb > VeggieTales: Are You My Neighbor? (1995) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

VeggieTales: Are You My Neighbor? (V) More at IMDbPro »

I love this stuff!

Author: (tstein5@umbc.edu) from MD
29 May 2003

Great humor, for both children and adults.

Good, relatively sophisticated music (not the all-too-simple tunes from Barney) representing many styles. Other VeggieTales shows feature R&B, ska, rock n' roll, scat, jazz, C&W, classical and more.

Some violence, but mostly the somewhat gentle (if violence can be gentle) "cartoonish" type.

Some scenes in other VeggieTales (the furnace in "Rack, Shack, and Benny, fro example) can be scary for very young children, though I can't think of any in this one.

Primarily intended for Christian viewers, but not too exclusionary (I have non-Christian friends who encourage their children to watch VeggieTales, because the basic values are sound, and nearly-universal). For example, "God" is used frequently, but I can't remember hearing "Jesus" or "The Holy Spirit" used.

Truly "Sunday morning values and Saturday morning fun".

The best Veggietales episode ever!

Author: Paul Behragam Gutierrez Hernandez from Vancouver, Canada
11 November 2014

I love watching the original 90's episodes of Veggietales, and this episode is the real cream of the crop. The stories are awesome to watch, they of course have awesome meanings, and the musicals this time are amazing. Especially the busy song and "I Can Be Your Friend" is i.m.o. the greatest musical in any TV show episode/movie.

So the characters of course are fun to watch and see embark on journeys like this, the music as I said earlier is bombastic, and the graphics are really awesome to watch, though some can argue its dated graphics, I love seeing that "dated" awesomeness from the 90's.

I highly recommend it to any age or anybody!

Being a Good Neighbor Was Never So Much Fun!

Author: James Christian from United States
21 July 2010

My son loves VeggieTales, and my wife and I have been gradually working through all the episodes. We started in the middle of the series, and we've been going back and watching some of the earlier ones. After watching the first and second entries, I find it incredible that this was only their third entry and that it was released in 1995, the same year "Toy Story" was released. The animation is markedly improved from the first two entries ("Where's God When I'm S-Scared?" and "God Wants Me to Forgive Them!?!"), and the writing is much sharper too.

As the title suggests, "Are You My Neighbor?" focuses on the message of what it means to be a good neighbor. It contains two stories and a silly song. The first story is a retelling of the parable of The Good Samaritan in a Dr. Seuss-style poem. It's so well told that viewers of all ages and religious backgrounds are sure to enjoy this story. The second story follows an adventure (a dream?) of Jr. Asparagus, Bob, and Larry in a loose parody of "Star Trek."

The songs are memorable and catchy (the silly song is now a VeggieTales classic), the animation looks good (especially for 1995), the stories are very well told, and the message of being a good neighbor is always a good reminder for young and old. In short, there's something to enjoy for everyone.