IMDb > Stevie Nicks: Live at Red Rocks (1987) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Stevie Nicks: Live at Red Rocks (V) More at IMDbPro »

Stevie Nicks: Live at Red Rocks

Author: TISL (TISL@webtv.net) from San Jose, CA, USA
18 May 2002

I have this video and LOVE it. We now know that this was Stevies last live performance before entering the Betty Ford Center for Cocaine addicition. She commented that she had known for months that she could have a brain hemorage as a result from so much cocaine use and "tried" to use as little as possible during the Red Rocks concert. Mick wrote in his book that he had never been so worried about Stevie as he was during this concert. She was messed up beyond belief and yet, to me, put on a GREAT show, even if she doesn't remember it, according to Mick Fleetwood. I'm glad she has found peace now though all the turmoil she went through with drugs. "Trouble In Shangri La" was one of the best CDs she's had since "Bella Donna" or "Wild Heart". I still think that the video of Red Rocks is EXCELLENT !!!! STEVIE RULES AND I HOPE WILL BE THE QUEEN OF ROCK FOREVER !!!!!

Ronn K.

Saying Goodbye To Her Fans

Author: stvoyager from United States
29 November 2008

I remember this concert like it just happened yesterday. Stevie was not at her best, physically or emotionally. I believe this is the concert she was actually saying goodbye to her fans from. She had serious drug abuse problems and checked into the Betty Ford clinic right afterward. I DO, however, like Red Rocks because it's a beautiful setting, and this concert still remains one of my favorites due to the fact that Stevie knew she'd hit bottom with the coke and everything else she was addicted to, and was even told if she didn't stop for treatment, she was going to die. I remember her saying that on a TV interview after she emerged from Betty Ford. Look at how bloated she is and how raspy her voice is...much more than usual. I've seen Stevie in concert about 8 times and she often is difficult to understand when she speaks because of her raspy voice, but at Red Rocks, her raspy voice effected her music. It was sort of theatrical and definitely an important part in Stevie's life. She is still a beautiful woman and has an awesome voice.

The Queen of Rock n' Roll rocks on a rock

Author: helpless_dancer from Broken Bow, Oklahoma
15 December 2001

Interesting, but somewhat disjointed rockumentary showing Stevie and band doing several of her hit songs. This film does what a lot of these concert footage shows do and that is throw in the overdubbed "screensaver" crap instead of leaving the camera where it belongs....on the performer. The high point of the whole thing was when, as Stevie is taking her bows and doing the feely/touchie thing with the stage side crowd, Waddy Wachtel is soaring off in the ozone with some sensational peals of pure R&R guitar riffing. I always liked his style and, for me at least, he stole the show. It was fun seeing Mick again, what little he was on camera [which was very little].

Female rock icon rocks the house...or stadium.

Author: Matt..377 from United States
9 March 2002

The year was 1987. Stevie performed some of her best songs of the era, including "Stand Back", along with the perennial classics "Edge of Seventeen" and Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams". Yet more proof that the 1980s rocked.

*** out of ****

Stevie Should Have Stayed In The Studio

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
1 June 2007

The former lead singer with "Fleetwood Mac," gives a concert at Denver's "Red Rocks" outdoor amphitheater in 1987, and it was a disappointment, at least to me.

Being a fan of her smoky voice, pretty looks and song interpretations, maybe I expected too much. A lot of times you can find out just how good a singer is when you hear them in person, instead of the studio making them sound perfect.

I found out Nicks isn't that good a singer as she sounds on disc. What's more, I was totally turned off and disgusted she resorted to profanity in a couple of her songs, even saying "G- damn" in one of them. From what I have read, she's into witchcraft, too, which is pretty weird. Anyway, her raspy voice sounded poor and this was not an impressive concert.

I thought it might be fun to see and hear Mick Fleetwood and Peter Frampton, who are billed as guest stars, but they just played backup and didn't have much of a role in here. There are 14 songs in all, the best one being the finale although part of it is just her shaking hands with people in the audience.

For a beautiful setting like Red Rocks, I thought the lighting was just so-so, not as dynamic as it good have been, sort of like Nick's performance.