IMDb > Senrigan (2000) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Senrigan More at IMDbPro »

Mizuno is the Best

Author: mindless_junk
25 September 2003

Miki Mizuno shows off a variety of talents in this movie, among them are cute military uniform, kung fu fighting, detective work, English speaking, and leading the incompetent American army by their nose. Now, if the movie just had a coherent plot, it would complete the experience, unfortunately, it lacks this last element...

There are bits of clues throughout the movie, watch carefully, and one will discover the truth. Alternatively, just watch Mizuno-chan and forget about the hopeless plot.

A 6/10.

Fair

Author: dbborroughs from Glen Cove, New York
29 December 2008

Japansese thriller that's in Japanese with a little English. I watched it on a Chinese VCD with Chinese subtitles but with a little spoken English. The plot has a cult called the Green Monkey staging suicide attacks on and in US military bases in Japan and in public places. A young woman is assigned to investigate and then weird things begin to happen. As things stand its an okay thriller. I could follow things enough to get an idea what was going on, but it wasn't really that thrilling or exciting with more than a few "tense" scenes seeming to play flat with all of the excitement drained out as people stood around talking. This was opposite of another film I saw recently called The Hanging House which was all in Japanese but which was intriguing enough that I continued to watch it simply because the visuals and the performances carried the day.(I want to see if I can track down an English subtitled copy.) Senrigan on the other hand is an okay film. I'm sure I would have liked it better if I knew better what was going on. Worth a look if you can get a copy in a language you understand, but not really something you need search out. (and I think the name is meant to echo sarin, as in sarin gas which was used in the Tokyo subway attacks)

Fine enough for an entertainment of 100 minutes, not more

Author: franciswlee from Hong Kong
19 December 2002

Do not expect this to be a serious thriller, sci-fi, action or drama...however, it is fine enough for you to spend 100 minutes in front of your TV rather than surfing among all available channels. I give it 5.5...round up to 6.

less interesting than the novel

Author: Kee-wook, Jung from South Korea, Chin-ju
1 October 2001

I have read the novel very interestingly. Most of all, I was very impressed with the psychiatric tip(?), such as figuring out other people's mind. But in the movie, that things were omitted. So I was very disappointed. Anyway, the movie, itself is very well-done. If you didn't have ever read or heard of the movie, you should have better watch this movie.

Mizuno Miki fans, this movie should be retitled the Mizuno Miki promotion video!

Author: whatdoes1know from japan
9 November 2001

Look, she speaks English! Look, she knows kung-fu too! Wait, she likes children! No, even better, she can take over control of a U.S. base in Japan! And what a hottie! This is what The Cell was to Jennifer Lopez, this movie is none other than the Mizuno Miki talent show! So directors and producers, watch how you could use this actress in your future movies! Isn't she just great!? Never mind the story, it's not there. Also excuse the poor FX used in explosion scenes--they didn't do anything to make Mizuno Miki look better, so only scraps of the budget went there. But did you hear her English monologue!? It did take away ten minutes of the plot without helping any of it, but wasn't it just flawless!? And were you able to disregard the annoying techno music that accompanies the action to see her kicks and wire enhanced jumps? This movie definitely deserves a 3 out of 10 from me because I am not a Mizuno Miki fan. Not a big one.