IMDb > "Doc" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Doc" More at IMDbPro »

It's the best

Author: Debra from Ontario, Canada
5 January 2002

I watch Doc every week and think it is the best show on T.V. Billy Ray does such a great job at acting as the Doctor that at times I forget he really isnt a doctor. All his shows seem to have a message and i find them to be very touching and so real. I wish he would sing in one of his shows cuz I love his music as well. He's the greatest. The other actors are great too. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy the show and really hope it continues. It is like a breath of fresh air to watch. Billy Ray seems to be so humble and down to earth. I would love just to shake his hand and tell him he's the best. I wonder if he really can ride horses as I grew up with horses all my life and rode in the rodeos. Keep up the great show. It's the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best family show on TV

Author: alle88 from Pennsylvania
6 January 2004

My whole family loves this - from the 5 year old to Dad!! We all think it's great and are SO grateful to have a quality show on TV that we all can enjoy! The characters actually have "character". They are more realistic and wholesome than most any other characters you see on TV. Thank you PAX!

Wonder and Family Watchable!!!!

Author: tbryant45690 from United States
3 May 2007

This is a wonderful heart warming series. It is a show that you can sit and watch with your family. I love the way he ends the episodes every time with an email message back home telling of what had happened and the hows and whys... I highly recommend this series. Billy Ray Cyrus as a doctor from a small time, moving to the big, cruel city is fantastic at playing the main character. The supporting cast also gives an excellent performance. I watched all the episodes on PAX TV when it was originally on, but now you can purchase 1 season on DVD. It is now becoming hard to find. I have several friend who want to purchase it, and so far no luck, except on ebay, and they keep getting out-bidded. We are all waiting for the other seasons. If anyone hears that they have put out those additional seasons, please let me know! Because it will be well-worth buying!!!!

What a fabulous series!

Author: Claudine_Goller from Toronto, Ontario, Canada
9 February 2002

I consider myself very fortunate to have stumbled onto this series. It is a wholesome, entertaining, interesting series, with great acting, fast-paced and compassionate stories, and a wonderful, refreshing moral sense. I talk about it to all of my friends, and even to people I don't know! We view it on CH TV, Hamilton. Thank you, CH

Will "Doc" continue?

Author: claudine-goller from Canada
28 August 2005

I do hope that "Doc" will continue. I continue to be impressed with the writing and performing on this program, and still believe that it is probably the most wholesome series of its type on TV today. (I am still "catching up" on the programs I have missed, so it will be some time before I can say that I have seen all episodes.) And wouldn't it be great to be able to purchase the complete series on DVD or video!

By the way, I was fortunate enough to have seen Billy Ray Cyrus in "Annie Get Your Gun" here in Toronto, and will be going again on the last night of its current run at Massey Hall, a venerable old theater. This is a new genre for him, but he is fortunate to be playing opposite Louise Pitre of "Mamma Mia" fame, and his performance was very well received. I am so pleased that I will be able to see this great musical again.

I love Doc! I've missed the last episode twice now and still haven't gotten to watch it!! It working it's way around again so I might make it this time.

Author: dreamer_night (dreamer_2night@yahoo.com) from United States
20 June 2006

The show is the only one I like that my dad also likes, for what ever reason he's not as fond of Sue Thomas. My mom likes both but doesn't watch them very often. I do as much as possible. If a book series ever comes out or they come in completely (all seasons) on DVD I want to collect them as soon as possible, for both Sue Thomas and Doc. My only problem is I wish Clint and Nancy would get together and get married and then we could see some of their life as a married couple (maybe it shows something in the last episode?).Also how Clint proposed, a wedding, any kids(if there are any of these), and info into what each of them do. Like does Raul become a doctor, cop, teacher or what and does Ms. Dewit ever marry, what do the Doss's do, etc. The only clues I have to the end aren't entirely reliable, besides I don't want to know until I watch it. (But I'm curious). Also is Doc based on a true story (?), I know the same people to put it together also did Sue Thomas and thats based on a real story.

Great show but music too loud.

Author: aubreys1 from United States
17 March 2006

I found "Doc" several years ago in rerun and have been fortunate enough to pick up the entire series as it was repeated. This has enabled me to see the entire series. One of the best family shows on TV. The ending show was great and not predictable as most shows just seem to end without the result that is hoped for.

My favorite star was Nurse Nancy. After watching the series from the first to the last it was obvious (to me) that Andrea must have received some guidance to let her hair grow long and lose her "New York accent" -- good move. I hope to see more of her in other shows.

And yes, I believe that the music was too loud and some dialog was lost to the viewer.

Background music too loud during the show

Author: cebyers from United States
9 September 2005

My family and I really enjoy your show, however, during the show the background music of piano and guitar are really loud at time and we cannot hear and understand the dialog of the actors. Would it be possible for you to tone-down the background music so that it does not drown out the actors while they are talking? Often the actors, during a emotional part speak softly but at the same time the background music seems to turn up the volume drowning out what is being said during that scene and we miss out on the context of the conversation between the actors which is usually key points of the show. If you all would turn down the background music volume it would improve the show considerably and be more enjoyable for us to watch and understand everything that is being said by all the actors.

I love the show

Author: brcfanforlife from maryland
27 March 2002

I love the show and the Movie Doc and Billy Ray Cyrus I am a proud Billy ray cyrus fan club member I wish there were more doctor's like the role that he plays on the show in real Life when I first saw the pilot for the show I fell in love with it and made many Billy Ray Cyrus fans as well. I love this show and so glad it is number 1 on the TV shows and the whole cast of the movie did an out standing job.

Good wholesome entertainment

Author: skier1000-1 from United States
9 August 2010

I stumbled upon "Doc" after watching "Little House..." on the Hallmark Channel and was pleasantly surprised. This show worked for Billy Ray and I found it believable. The show was well written, the cast was well suited, and acting decent. TV needs more of this type of programming, that makes one feel good and is positive. Watching this show made me feel refreshing, invigorated and reminded me to believe in the goodness of people. It was nice to watch this uplifting, positive story and not the hateful, violent, cynical material and bad screenplay and writing that now fills TV programming in recent years. TV these days caters to the youngest TV audiences and sacrifices quality in favor of sensationalism and violence.