IMDb > Van Wilder (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Van Wilder

Van Wilder More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 26: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [Next]

Great fun, over and over again

Author: Danny Olly
5 April 2002

Basically this movie is great. None of the state of the art special effects, pretty plain camera work, but you can see past that in one second! The movie has a well thought of story line, and is put together in the most hilarious of all ways. Its rude, clever, gross and everything a teen movie should be.

Great Movie!

Author: Veronica (xd1s0bedientx@aol.com) from USA
5 April 2002

The movie was awesome. Yet I have a question about it. The music was quite awesome. There was one song that caught my ears and I'm dying to find out what its called. It goes, "shes saying goodbye, and leaving tonight, shes used up all her lonely tear drops now". I checked on the soundtrack and its not there. I previewed each one and found nothing. Would someone please help me to find out what the song is? Contact me!! Thanks!

Hilarious

Author: John K. Mak from Sunnyvale, California
5 April 2002

This movie is in the true vein of Animial House. Ryan Reynolds is quite dynamic as the heir apparent to Tim Matheson's Otto. Even though this movie is not in any way related to that classic movie. Look for Revenge of the Nerd's Curtis Armstrong to steal all the scenes that he is in.

Kind of Funny

Author: cbrown-3 from Minnesota, USA
5 April 2002

This movie was kind of funny, but is very sick. It has a few funny parts that really funny, but then come in the sick parts. If anyone remembers the terrible Teen Movies from the 80's, This movies starts to turn into one, with van wilder falling in love with reid, then the boyfriend steps, it gets messy. I expected more from National Lampoons, since they had all those great hits from back in the day. Oh well i gave it 4 out of 10 stars.

AWESOME!!

Author: dougeetx-1 from Dallas, TX
5 April 2002

VAN WILDER IS THE FUNNIEST MOVIE I'VE SEEN IN A LOOOOOONG TIME!! I went to the 10:05am matinee show. There was only about 20 people in there. we were all busting up laughing! THIS IS DEFINITELY A MUST SEE!! National Lampoon has definitely come up with a winner this time. I'M GOING BACK TO SEE IT AGAIN AND I NEVER DO THAT!

Has some funny parts, but not enough.

Author: onlyonshaw from British Columbia, Canada
5 April 2002

"Van Wilder" was not much more than I was expecting, in fact it was less. Ryan Reynolds and Tara Reid are talented, fresh young acts and the film has some very funny parts, including some that you wouldn't believe if I told you (canine bodily fluids, etc.). Let's just say that this movie qualifies as a "gross-out" comedy. But I didn't feel that I laughed as much as I should have. "Van Wilder" in no way compares to the quality of humor in such films as "There's Something About Mary" which will forever remain a "gross-out" classic. Overall, if you do plan to watch "Van Wilder," I recommend waiting for it's release on video and dvd. (** out of ****)

Amusing

Author: eggman-1 from Boston, MA
5 April 2002

Amusing Flick. Although my college career was a lot shorter (4 years,) and less fun than Van Wilder's I fully identified with how he didn't want to graduate and go out in the real world. The movie is not the next Animal House, despite what National Lampoon would like, but it was amusing and had me laughing till I was in pain at several points.-- Be warned though, a lot of the comedy is very crass, so if you don't like gross out humor- then this movie isn't for you.

Animal House+PCU=Van Wilder

Author: djf989
5 April 2002

This one the feel good movie of the spring. I have truly not seen a good over the top comedy, since last summer. When AP2 and Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. This movie takes me back to great days of the 80's comedies and adds the 90's gross out humor that we all love. If you want to get away from your trouble for a hour and a half this is the movie to go see.

The New King Of Gross Out/Teen Comedies

Author: mhaddad-1 from USA
5 April 2002

American Pie used to be the king of gross out/teen sex comedies. However In My, and my friends opinions, there is a NEW king. National Lampoon's Van Wilder. Yes, This movie is hilarious. Yes Tara Reid is AMAZINGLY gorgeous. Yes the indian guy and Van are freaking hilarious. Yes the pastry scene is perhaps the most disgusting thing ever filmed, but yes it is funny. I can't say that enough (disgusting). And finally, yes, this movie has true emotion. That is a rare find in this type of movie. It might actually have a small effect on your life, another rare thing in this type of movie. Sure, not everybdoy will like this but My friends and I, and pretty much everybody else in my theatre sure as heck did, and It (the theatre) was packed at 5:45. A Solid 8.5/10.

PS: after seeing this you will have a newfound respect for bulldogs.

Purely hilarious

Author: Robert Mee from Fairfax, VA
3 April 2002

I just saw this movie tonight at a special screening at my college. This has to be one of the best National Lampoon movies I have seen! Completely hilarious, I don't think I stopped laughing for more than five minutes.... except for the cannoli scene and the hoots, hollers, and whistles I gave during some of the scenes with Tara Reid (like the hockey scene and the final scene.) Ryan Reynolds (Van) reminds me through much of the movie of Chevy Chase in "Caddyshack", making some similar off the wall comments as Chevy made. Definately see this movie. See it once just to laugh. See it again to catch the plot bits you missed because you were laughing so hard.