IMDb > Undone (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Undone More at IMDbPro »

really good, but quite strange.

Author: myonlyone_xox from United States
27 February 2005

Undone was a strange but very good short.

Undone was a really good short. I think that Chad Lindberg and Kandeyce Jordan did a really good role and they made good choices on the few actors there were. It was very confusing to understand at first but when we got to the part at the 'party' I finally understood. I think that Kandeyce Jordan was a really good actress and director. I also think that Chad Lindberg was a very good actor. I hope to see more from both of them. I think that the short had a really good plot to it.

I think that the actors they chose for the movie were really good. Kandeyce Jordan who played the main character and who at the end, we find out has a husband and two kids. Chad Lindberg who had a tough three days 'eating poptarts for nine meals' and kept a lady hidden in his back trunk'. Also the other actors who played their part did a really good part. I really like Chad Lindberg and I always want to see more of him. So this video was really important to me and seeing it made me happy. I think it was a very good short and it deserved the awards it won.

BMW films style "action" short

Author: Mark Wintle (mewintle@aol.com) from Morris Township, NJ, USA
19 December 2002

The production values of this movie are very high. The web site claims that's because "they made it the old-fashioned way, they stole everything." Apparently that mostly refers to "stealing" the talent of movie pros that volunteered their time. But who knows if they also stole the Kodak 800 film too!

Kandeyce Jorden seems to be working on a style in the mold of BMW Films directors -- gritty, sexy short action films with fantastic style. If you can find her short "The Layover" on the Skyy Vodka site it's pretty cool too. Her stuff is consistently sophisticated with a flirtation with danger. Add in typically appropriate and exciting music and you can see why she's getting noticed.

Undone is a fun short. It's not terribly artsy. It mostly achieves the look and the sound that this new genre (action short?) is known for. Unfortunately the acting is sub-par. It's often stilted and breaks the spell that is critical for maintaining mood. The final scene is so badly done that the film would be improved tremendously if it were completely deleted. What the hell happened there? Did all the talented people leave for the day?

The trailer for Undone is fantastic, and would draw huge audiences if the film were a full-length release. Kandeyce Jorden is working on a full-length film now. I'm hopeful that she can realize more when she's not rushed. Maybe Kandeyce Jorden will be the next Guy Ritchie.

A taut little masterpiece

Author: rmci from Columbus, OH
7 June 2001

Kandeyce Jorden has created a compelling short that requires at least a second viewing. Though names are scarce and the plot is spare, the characters in this 8 minute short on ifilm.com were better defined than many full-length features. Credit David Veloz for his dialogue which creates people, not just plot-movers. Also, let's face it, Kandeyce Jorden as the lead is very nice to watch. And she seemingly has a good eye as well.

strange but interesting

Author: Dave from Chicago
5 June 2001

This is a strange and disjointed short, but it my opinion it "works" pretty well.

There seems to be a lot of plot elements -- kidnapping, murder, bondage,.... But I don't think there's a way to assemble the plot elements into a plot. The movie merely hints at an underlying story. The hints are interesting (and I'm not sure it would be a better movie if the elements were explained or linked together).

This movie is available on the web. In my opinion, it's worth checking out.