IMDb > The Wild Thornberrys Movie (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

A great film

Author: Dillon Naber from Lancaster
8 July 2003

This is a great film for kids and parents alike. It teaches valuable lessons in a fun, action packed setting. THe people who make these movies and shows about the Thornberrys obviously love nature, and it shows in the quality of the films/shows, and hopefully translates into the viewing audience. THis is not some mindless cartton, but a great example of how education about our natural world can be fun and entertaining.

It Was Better Than That!

Author: monica from Amarillo, TX
4 January 2003

I think this movie was really cute and deserved higher ratings than it is getting. It was very entertaining, very clean, and kept your interest throughout the whole entire movie. Too many people judge too harshly when it comes to good, clean entertainment. Can they do any better at producing or acting themselves? I don't think so! I give this movie an 8 out of 10! Good wholesome entertainment!

Loved it - takes the TV show one step further

Author: magicalmouse from Cuyahoga Falls, OH
23 December 2002

As an adult fan of the Wild Thornberrys TV show I was very happy to see the film. I was delighted by the fact that movie kept the feel of the TV show while letting us see a little more than we were accustomed to in a half hour. I am amazed though at how many professional critics have reviewed this movie without knowing much background -- to set the record straight Eliza is an American - only her father and paternal grandparents are British - Her mother and maternal grandparents (we know them from the TV show) are American so if Debbie talks like an American teenager that is because she is. Darwin had me laughing out loud -- I hope that there will be more films or at least more new episodes of the show - and thankfully Donnie was kept to a minimum !

This film isn't four and a half stars!!

Author: Mightyzebra from Scotland
18 March 2007

The current rating for this film on this website is four and a half out of ten. This is SO not true. I mean, sure, the grown-ups aren't as sympathetic as they could be and some scenes could be better off deleted, but I mean COME ON. It isn't THAT BAD!

This underrated film is about a girl named Eliza Thornberry who can talk to animals! Her family go to Africa and Eliza meets an old cheetah cub friend called Tally, along with his brothers and sisters. While they are playing, Tally is caught by a poacher! :( Eliza MUST save him! Then Eliza realises that she is going to a boarding school in London...

I recommend this lovely film for fans of the TV series, people who love animals and people who just want to sit down and watch a pleasant, exciting cartoon film! Guaranteed to enjoy! :)

Fun for kids, amusing enough with good animation whilst avoiding the usual sickly sentiment that comes with this sort of film – not much for adults though

Author: bob the moo from United Kingdom
9 September 2004

As we all know, Eliza was blessed with the gift of talking to animals when she freed an injured animal who turned out to be a shaman. On safari with her family, she goes out to play with her lion friends when poachers pounce and steal one of the cubs. Eliza is determined to get her friend back but first has to escape from the English boarding school that her Grandmother has insisted she attend to make her more ladylike.

In my defence it is my inability to sleep on airplanes during the day that led me to watch this film – not just my desire to see a cartoon. I am vaguely aware of the series but have never cared enough to actually ever watch an episode – nor will I ever be likely to! However, as a way of passing 90 minutes, I was happy to have it and quite surprised to find that, although not aimed at adults, I was not put to sleep by it. The plot is very simple but has enough going on to keep the interest and keep the screen busy. It is rarely funny but it is quite amusing all the way through. It is simple stuff but I did enjoy it.

The animation is not that impressive but it is professional and colourful and I never felt that corners had been cut – it all looked big and fun. The cast and characters are good – hardly difficult or complex but still good enough to do the job. The main family are funny enough with their mix of accents (love that monkey!) from Curry, Chabert, Kane etc and the support cast is good with enjoyable little roles for Woodard, Redgrave, Tomei and Everett- who takes to the role with a bit of relish and his tongue in his cheek.

Overall, hardly a great film but one that I'm sure many parents will have to watch due to their kids watching the series. As such it is actually OK. The plot is simple but not simplistic or dull, the film is busy with a good amusing tone and the whole thing works well throughout. Young children will enjoy it and, while there is not much for adults in the way that Pixar delivers the goods, parents will not be bored senseless by it and may, if they are in the mood find it enjoyable if childish.

Perfect family adventure!

Author: Stichey from SLC, UT
14 January 2003

We took my two daughters to this film and had a delightful time. I was worried about seeing it since I am not a big fan of the television show, but the voice acting was superb and the soundtrack was incredible. After the film, we immediately needed to pick up a copy of the soundtrack if only to get the Paul Simon song. Since this Christmas didn't have too much for families with very young kids, we were extremely happy we saw this film. Our girls (3 and 1.5) adored it and their folks had fun too!

As Good As The TV Show

Author: elzbone from U.S.A.
24 November 2004

The underlying theme in this movie is about family. You have the two parent engrossed in their work, an older sister who is incredibly self-involved, a disapproving grandmother, and a little sister who is left to her own devices to amuse herself. But even though everyone is so different, they come together to do what is best for their family. Okay, so little Eliza's ability to speak with animals helps out a lot.

I enjoy the TV show, and I thought that the movie was a perfect extension of that. This movie is great for kids, and has talented talents like Tim Curry, Lyn Redgrave, and Flea (okay so that is an odd one to add to the mix) to appease the adults. But the story itself is one that is beautifully written, and told. It was worth the money to see it in the theater.

Thoroughly entertaining.

Author: mister_catdaddy from Brooklyn, NY
1 January 2003

Bingo! Klasky/Csupo, the bullseye production team who brought us "Rugrats", has again delivered the goods with this big-cat leap from TV to silver screen of "The Wild Thornberrys Movie".

Charming. Engaging. Honest. Sharply cast and Fantastically fun. Powerful and emotionally moving, the "Black Rhino" drew tears from both the kiddies and their parents. Well done.

"The Wild Thornberrys Movie". A must see.

A hilarious adventure and a lighthearted look at self discovery.

Author: David from Albuquerque, NM, USA, Earth
27 December 2003

I agree with the other user that commented on the falsely low rating of this movie - it looks like somebody had it in for the movie. Give it a 7 or 7.5. The plot is good. The characters are simple but well done (appropriate for children). Some exaggeration is given to the characters for comic effect and it works.

I'm still laughing about the baboons and the purple butt. My daughter is a teen and thinks the idea is quite disgusting (like Debbie). My son is 5 and thinks it would be wonderful to have a purple but and dance with the baboons (like Donnie). So he does. :)

Better than the first two Rugrats movies.....

Author: RedYoshi
28 April 2003

This is now my favorite animated movie from Nickelodeon and Paramount pictures! I still can't believe that most people thought the movie was awful. It was wonderful. Beautiful animation, characters, etc. I recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys a good outdoors-type movie. I also like the villainous Sloan. He's the kind of villain that I enjoy. He's evil yet you can't help but like him. 2 thumbs up!

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]