IMDb > Double Teamed (2002) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Double Teamed (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Slam Dunk

Author: sixersgurl91 from New Jersey
18 October 2002

This movie is really good and sends out a good message to kids. I love basketball so I don't know why I wouldn't like this movie but even if you don't like basketball check this movie out. Although it looks like this movie is only about basketball.... the plot is much much more than that! All in All I give it a 9.5/10!

Okay, decent enough

Author: Steff (stephanotis323) from California
9 March 2002

This movie was ok. It had a few flaws, like they didnt look a bit like twins. And in the end, (spoiler, if you want to call it that, since its too predictable) when she comes in, with her ankle broken and everything, there was no reason for her to come in. No one was hurt, they didnt need a man, they werent short a man, she just was full of herself, and couldnt fathom anyone else trying to pull it off. She wanted this to be her moment, when she was really putting victory at risk by going in wounded. I bet all the reviews written before this were by kids. 5 out of 10

For the most part, a good movie.

Author: Maria100 from San Diego, CA
2 April 2003

Though many people did not like this movie because the girls looked nothing alike, I actually liked that! It was easy to keep track of who was who, especially during the games. My sister thinks that they should have found two twins who were age 14-16, were really tall, and identical. I disagree, because when producers pay too much attention to looks, and not acting, the movies stink. This movie, on the other hand, was interesting to watch, and easy to follow. I was disappointed that I could barely find Annie McElwain and Poppy Monroe in any other shows and movies, but I did see Annie in an episode of 7th Heaven, and I'm almost positive that I saw Poppy posing in a store ad for shoes or clothes or something! I've always thought of Mackenzie Phillips (the mom) as a good actress (she played in a great show, So Weird), and I felt she did a very good job in this movie, and so did Nick Searcy (the dad). I thought that the way they became friends with Nicky was great and pretty believable. I loved Zoe (Iyari Limon)'s enthusiasm! I really disliked the way the father, without any regard for what Heather and Heidi want, changed their schools.

And finally, I thought it was hilarious the way that the twins and Nicky flirted with Galen Alderman (Chris Olivero).

A Great Family Movie With Excellent Actors

Author: livingdeadgirl_13 from vancouver
18 January 2003

Double Teamed is the true story of two twins named Heather(Poppi Monroe) and Heidi Burge(Annie McElwain) who became basketball players. I think Poppi and Annie did an excellent job portraying the twin sisters. This is one of those disney movies that actually make you think that you can achieve your dreams and become anything you want to be, regardless of the people that stand in your way. I think Double Teamed is a great movie and i've seen it every time it was on televison. I would give Double Teamed 8.5/10

one of the most clichéd movies I've ever seen...

Author: adrianAKArosemarys_baby from Germany
9 January 2005

This movie is 'loosely' based on the real life story of two WNBA stars. I'll say loosely because there are so many clichés it's not even funny anymore.

the movie shows in the beginning that one of the girls who moved to a new town, trying to make new friends by lying about their prosperity etc.. She has a passion for acting but she is forced by her father (after one of these famous one on one games in which the people hit all their shots while the camera angle is always changed so that it looks like the ball went through although in reality it most likely didn't) to sign in for the basketball team so that she has a chance of going to college. Of course she's not very amused about that and a somewhat 'dramatic' scene follows, I guess.

In the first training she has to battle her sister for unknown reasons, maybe because she's jealous, I really don't know. Although I like basketball the game here is very boring to watch. All you see is the two sisters shooting field goals with changing camera angles like mentioned above. I already thought why the coach is saying nothing that they should pass the ball and then this happens: Nicki, the star of the team, wants to show these newbies who's the boss here and shoots for the 'first' time in the game after the sisters' 20-30 shots. But the coach complains that Nicki should be more aware of teamwork. How ironic, isn't it?

This movie shows more annoying clichés that I've seen in 100 other teen or sport movies like Nicki's father not attending the games or the popular high school sports star that every girl is in love with though he doesn't even look good in the first place. Some other things that totally flip me off that the people who made this movie actually have no clue of basketball rules. I've never seen in ANY basketball league in the world that a injured player can hop into the active roster, the opponents didn't even complain about this. In the end everything turns out to be good for everyone but they never mention anything what happened to the girl's passion for acting, not that I actually cared but why did they bring it up at all?

If you want to be totally bored or want to waste your time, this is the movie to go.

So much better than I would have expected

Author: Chris Hewitt (thepianomaniac@gmail.com) from Brentwood, California
16 July 2002

This movie was so much better than I thought it would be. It had a story, good characters, it was exciting, AND it was based on a real story! I am really glad that the Disney Channel took the time, money, and effort to make this rather dazzling movie! It is not just for girls that like basketball, but for all people. Even if you hate basketball. That is another thing. It was really truthful about what happens in basketball and what the consequences can be. The people that played Heather and Heidi were excellent! They are so talented in many ways. It is weird, but in all the time that I have spent watching this movie and watching the commercials I thought that I would never ever be able to tell them apart (Heather and Heidi, that is), but after studying it, I could tell them apart just fine. Since they are not sisters in real life, they have less of a comparison to each other than say, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. They look like one person. The only thing that may agitate people that watch the Disney Channel often, is that they advertise WAY too much for their movies. I guess it is the only way to get the message out to people about when it is on. Well, I recommend this to everyone! It is certainly a 10 out of 10! Good job Disney!

Mackenzie's Amazon Daughters

Author: bkoganbing from Buffalo, New York
28 September 2015

Annie McElwain and Poppi Monroe are a pair of 6'1" high school daughters, fraternal twins that Mackenzie Phillips and Nick Searcy are the proud parents of. Both girls are volleyball players, but when they transfer to a new school for better sports opportunities, coach Joey Mishiyama of the girl's basketball team takes one look at them and he's practically salivating over the prospect of having them play for him.

The problem is that they don't live in the district and their eligibility is in jeopardy. All kinds of games are played and cons used to keep them playing until the end of the season.

Nothing special in this Disney teen film other than the gimmick of the two very tall Amazonian like girls that MacKenzie Phillips bore. But it's pleasant enough viewing.

I Think It Was An Excellent Movie!!!!

Author: Fakeballer13 from Los Angeles, California
30 November 2004

My baby sister was watching this movie, because she wants to be a "baller" like me. So i sat with her, and i was watching the movie. And i liked it even more, because i had meet up with the same type of girls when i was in the basketball team, and i also got my ankle injured because of the same reason, trying so hard to be in the front, but thats what happens when you get that attitude. I love this movie, its not only for kids, i know for a fact teenagers will love it as much as i did. I think this movie is EXCELLENT! I give it a 13 out of 10! The actors were very good to. And the Ending was the best to me! I though thats was so COOL! I don't want to spoil the ending, you have to watch this movie!

Great movie for pre-teens; fun to watch and at the same time great messages for kids

Author: masonturowski from United States
19 April 2005

I thought this movie was fun to watch while at the same time provided plenty of healthy messages for kids/teens without overloading them or taking away from the movie. If you are looking for the best acting you have ever seen and a serious drama, this may not be your movie. But, if you are looking for an entertaining film, based on a true story with plenty of sound messages and great role models for your children; then this is the movie for you. The characters are believable as well as likable and you find yourself rooting for them throughout the movie. Double Teamed shows that with hard work, a sound family support system and belief in yourself and others it is possible to accomplish your dreams whatever they may be.

Awesome Movie!!!!

Author: koalas44
20 November 2004

This movie was awesome! Heather and Heidi did look like twins so the people who said they didn't are just a bunch of morons! I loved the plot the two twins Heather and Heidi were nothing like each other! It made the movie a lot more interesting! Heidi wanted to be in a school play but her dad made her try out for the basketball team! Heidi and Heather's dad appologized about it later. During the beginning of the movie, Heidi and Heather have to transfer schools and move into an apartment building Sandy Shores, the popular guy in school lives there too! Nicky Williams was their enemy in the beginning because she wasn't the star of the basketball team anymore but when they started chatting at the airport, they became friends! At the ending, Heidi got double teamed and Heather put on her uniform and went in the game. Heidi made the winning shot. Both went to the WNBA Heidi went to the Sparks and Heather went to the Monarchs! Thats where it ended