IMDb > A Walk to Remember (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
A Walk to Remember

A Walk to Remember More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 96: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

Incredible from start to finish.

Author: hacy from South Wales
2 May 2004

What an amazing film!!!! I'd read the book which was set in the 1950's and cried. The film has brought the story right up to date and it loses none of it's magic. If anything I think it becomes more relevant. It's brilliantly acted and Shane West is......well..... "incredible" doesn't quite do him justice!. To see him transform himself from bad boy to someone that does everything within his power for the woman he loves is just heart rending. Look out for him as he's going to be HUGE!!!!!

This has to be the greatest love story since the original "Love Story". I think every woman wants to be loved like Landon loves Jamie.

I'm in serious danger of wearing out my copy of the video as I watch it so often. The music is fabulous too and the CD is definitely worth getting. The whole package is just fabulous!

WoW, I love this movie!!!!

Author: vikki_us from Surrey
21 February 2004

I only watched this film about 2 weeks ago, I saw the trailers for it when it first came out but my boyfriend wouldn't go and watch it with me. I finally decided to buy it for myself and I can't believe how much I've fallen for this film. I've watched it at least a hundred times, I can't get bored of it I absolutely love it. I thought it was going to be another cheesy 'She's All That' type films, I thought Mandy Moore was going to play some nerd that gets a makeover and becomes the best looking girl in school. So, to my surprise when I watched the film for myself and discovered this was totally not the plot I could not believe it. I cried all the way from half way till the end of the film, when she told Landon she was dying oh my god I couldn't even focus on the screen for all the tears. I never liked Mandy Moore before but from this film I'm her number 1 fan I thought she was great in this, she played her role brilliantly. And as for Shane West, well I think I might be in love with him, he was brilliant. I recommend anyone to buy the soundtrack it's pricey but just as good as the movie. P.S. I love the part when he took her to the state line, so she could be in 2 places at once - all I can say is WOW!!!

Well...in all honesty I think that....

Author: (devilish0814@aol.com) from Sheffield, England
17 February 2004

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** I remember going to the cinema to see a movie and seeing the trailer for this film. I remember thinking "Oh Dear...another American teen movie blah blah blah" One night I was sitting at home and my mom had been to the video shop on the way home from work and had picked it up having been told by the woman behind the counter that it was "astonoshing" At that point I thought "I ain't watchin that!" but as the night went on the video box was sitting in front of the TV as if trying to shout out "WATCH ME!" ... so I did naturally...I was shocked and stunned ladies and gentlemen... I have never ever EVER cried at a film before...I just don't, it's not that I see little point...films just don't move me.... but I watched a walk to remember and couldn't seem to stop.... I started to well up with tears a little when Landon tells Jamie that he loves her when they're standing on the peer... and then there were a couple of moments in the film where I quite literally started to cry pretty badly... The moments and reasons were:- - When Landon goes to thank his dad - I was crying my little heart out lol, because Landon starts to cry and then just grabs his dad and you think "For a guy who only sends his son a cheque once a month and taught him how to walk away he's not a bad guy..." - I cried when he asks her to marry him....I honestly didn't see that coming....when he asks if she loves him and if she could do something for him and she says anything and then he asks her to marry him....I was gobsmacked because after he'd made all her other wishes from her list come true! - The bit where Jamie is in bed and calls Landon her 'Angel' - self explanitory - The bit that made me cry the most was where Landon has just found out Jamie has cancer, and he's fixing up his car and she turns up and he cries and she tells him she's scared of not being with him and he starts saying stuff like "Oh baby that'll never happen ok? I'll be here" My god the tears flooded like nothing else. - The Wedding, where the "Only Hope" by Switchfoot starts I just cried and cried especially when all of his friends were smiling at the wedding! And then when the camera zooms away down the isle and he says "And then she went with her unfailing faith"... after that I cried all the way to the end...when Landon tells the Reverand that he's sorry she never got her miracle and Peter Coyote says "She did it was u".... erm.... oh and the final bit... "Jamie taught me everything, about life, hope and the long journey ahead, I'll always miss her, but her love is like the wind...I can't see it, but I feel it!" -- after he says that and the music starts look at the expressions that go through his face... if this movie moved you like it did me, then you can actually more or less pin point what memeories of Jamie Landon is thinking about.... the book's also amazing....Mandy Moore's acting is great, and Shane West, well he moved me more than anyone in the film...and if it turned out that he couldn't act then it helps that he's that fine!!!!!!

Oh yes! Best movie ever

Author: cineasta45 from spain
12 February 2004

I don't know how many movies I have watched in my whole life. Nevertheless many of them are forgotten on my mind. I'm one of those who thinks that movies are more than entertainment. I mean good movies makes you think about it time after time. And I will always remember "A Walk to Remember" as my favorite movie. No matter how many times you watch it you will fall in love with the movie. The acting from Shane West, Mandy Moore and Peter Coyote is perfect. All the awards should go to this movie. You can't miss this movie. I recommend the book too. So thanks for the movie Adam Shankman. 10/10

Miss this and you miss out...

Author: Kritically Kind from In the Clouds
8 January 2004

As far as teen movies go this was delightfully surprising. A tale of two North Carolina teens it was both touching and inspiring.

The story is beautifully crafted and Mandy Moore's portrayal of Jamie Sullivan is enchanting enough to bring the character to life for any audience. Her shyness and lack of acting experience make her ever more believable as Jamie and a sweetness and innocense naturally shines through. Likewise, Shane west is no let down either. He is perfect as the bad boy in search of better things. Completely believable and at ease with this character his charm and charisma sail him through his role.

Concurrent to being a love story this movie also envoques more interesting topics - so far relatively untouched in teen movies. Having Jamie as the reverend's daughter is a wonderful twist and presents new problems for Landon (West).

All of this contributes to the very effective bitter-sweet ending of the movie and one is left both inspired and with feelings of hope as well as affection for the main characters.

This is by far one of my favourite teen movies and if you miss this one, you will most certainly miss out. 10/10

WOW!

Author: 1sidney from US
30 December 2003

Before you read: I am not a girl, and I am not a Mandy Moore fan.

Wow! Many people call this movie a chick-flick. It's not. I recomend this movie of love and compassion to everyone of all ages. The reason this movie was so good was because of Shane and Mandy's on screen compatibility. They were great. This movie really inspired me to be a better person and to fall in love. 10/10!

isnt this the most beautiful movie ever made?

Author: Jemma48 (Jemma48@hotmail.com) from northern england
18 December 2003

i thought this movie was amazing. i have to say i didnt go to see it at the cinema, but i bought the video when i felt like watching a new film. i cry every time i watch it......and shane west is the sexiest guy on earth! I think that this movie is total proof that you can make a good movie that doesnt include too much bad language and absolutely no sex! anybody who criticises this movie is obviously blind (just look at the lead actor/actress), deaf (just listen to the soundtrack) or stone cold heartless. I have to say that i went out and paid loads for the soundtrack after i watched the movie. it is the greatest movie ever made. and yes, i am now a huge switchfoot fan!!!!!

In regards to Noel Bailey's summary

Author: lkos-1 from Regina, Canada
28 July 2003

Noel's comments are so right on anything I could add would be a waste. This movie was the first I had heard of Mandy Moore. Mandy and her Character have struck such a cord with me. The spirituality of the film is very heart renduring. This film really made me question myself and many aspects of my life and spirituality. , Miss Moore is so perfect for this part.

A very touching movie.

Author: branft from Missouri USA
25 July 2003

First of all, I want to preface this review with the following disclaimer: I am not a 14 year old girl who is crazy about Mandy Moore and waiting for a knight to carry me off to his castle. I am a 29 year old male with a real job and life. In fact, when I first saw this movie, I barely knew who Mandy Moore was. I consider myself fairly well educated in the arts, having studied primarily theatre design, but film and music as well, in college.

Regardless of the technical merits of the directing or the script, this is the first movie to actually get to me emotionally in years. I simply fell in love with Jamie. To portray a such a character in a manner as to make her real and believable took real talent on the part of Mandy and real guidance from director Adam Shankman. Her "goodness" could have easily been taken over the top. Also to her credit, Mandy was sixteen when she took on this role. While this may have made it somewhat easier for her to relate to Jamie, often actors twice her age do not portray characters with this much depth. I believe she shows tremendous potential as an actor.

Landon, as played by Shane West, while showing tremendous growth within the film, appeared at times lack complex motivation. However, I feel that the character is still strong and that Shane is a fine actor. While the remainder of the supporting characters sometimes felt oversimplified and one-dimensional, I still feel that the actors overall did a fine job.

The real triumph of this film is the chemistry that exists between all of the characters, especially Jamie and Landon. This is evidence of a director who knows what he is doing and a well-written screenplay. While the film is by no means perfect, I barely noticed its imperfections because I was so involved in the characters and the story.

For any story to be considered great, it must take its audience on a journey. We must share in the discoveries of the characters and empathize with them. "A Walk to Remember" takes its audience on that journey.

unpredicted striking performance by Mandy Moore!

Author: Ngawara from Hertfordshire, England
14 July 2003

I watched this movie to get an understanding of the background to a song called "Only Hope", that I was singing for a school concert [as sung by mandy moore in this film]. I am not usually one for over-the-top soppy American teen romance stories but "A Walk to Remember" had tears running down my cheeks! The casting was brilliant and I was blown away by teen popstrel, Mandy Moores superb acting. Having seen Mandy as Jamie's almost diametric equivalent [cheerleader 'Lana' in the teen hit "The Princess Diaries"], I was extremely impressed with her character versatility.

Don't overlook this movie. Give it a chance and my bet is that most of you will be inwardly impressed whatever you may say...