IMDb > A Walk to Remember (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
A Walk to Remember

A Walk to Remember More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 97: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

Author: 1sidney from US
30 December 2003

Before you read: I am not a girl, and I am not a Mandy Moore fan.

Wow! Many people call this movie a chick-flick. It's not. I recomend this movie of love and compassion to everyone of all ages. The reason this movie was so good was because of Shane and Mandy's on screen compatibility. They were great. This movie really inspired me to be a better person and to fall in love. 10/10!

isnt this the most beautiful movie ever made?

Author: Jemma48 ( from northern england
18 December 2003

i thought this movie was amazing. i have to say i didnt go to see it at the cinema, but i bought the video when i felt like watching a new film. i cry every time i watch it......and shane west is the sexiest guy on earth! I think that this movie is total proof that you can make a good movie that doesnt include too much bad language and absolutely no sex! anybody who criticises this movie is obviously blind (just look at the lead actor/actress), deaf (just listen to the soundtrack) or stone cold heartless. I have to say that i went out and paid loads for the soundtrack after i watched the movie. it is the greatest movie ever made. and yes, i am now a huge switchfoot fan!!!!!

In regards to Noel Bailey's summary

Author: lkos-1 from Regina, Canada
28 July 2003

Noel's comments are so right on anything I could add would be a waste. This movie was the first I had heard of Mandy Moore. Mandy and her Character have struck such a cord with me. The spirituality of the film is very heart renduring. This film really made me question myself and many aspects of my life and spirituality. , Miss Moore is so perfect for this part.

A very touching movie.

Author: branft from Missouri USA
25 July 2003

First of all, I want to preface this review with the following disclaimer: I am not a 14 year old girl who is crazy about Mandy Moore and waiting for a knight to carry me off to his castle. I am a 29 year old male with a real job and life. In fact, when I first saw this movie, I barely knew who Mandy Moore was. I consider myself fairly well educated in the arts, having studied primarily theatre design, but film and music as well, in college.

Regardless of the technical merits of the directing or the script, this is the first movie to actually get to me emotionally in years. I simply fell in love with Jamie. To portray a such a character in a manner as to make her real and believable took real talent on the part of Mandy and real guidance from director Adam Shankman. Her "goodness" could have easily been taken over the top. Also to her credit, Mandy was sixteen when she took on this role. While this may have made it somewhat easier for her to relate to Jamie, often actors twice her age do not portray characters with this much depth. I believe she shows tremendous potential as an actor.

Landon, as played by Shane West, while showing tremendous growth within the film, appeared at times lack complex motivation. However, I feel that the character is still strong and that Shane is a fine actor. While the remainder of the supporting characters sometimes felt oversimplified and one-dimensional, I still feel that the actors overall did a fine job.

The real triumph of this film is the chemistry that exists between all of the characters, especially Jamie and Landon. This is evidence of a director who knows what he is doing and a well-written screenplay. While the film is by no means perfect, I barely noticed its imperfections because I was so involved in the characters and the story.

For any story to be considered great, it must take its audience on a journey. We must share in the discoveries of the characters and empathize with them. "A Walk to Remember" takes its audience on that journey.

unpredicted striking performance by Mandy Moore!

Author: Ngawara from Hertfordshire, England
14 July 2003

I watched this movie to get an understanding of the background to a song called "Only Hope", that I was singing for a school concert [as sung by mandy moore in this film]. I am not usually one for over-the-top soppy American teen romance stories but "A Walk to Remember" had tears running down my cheeks! The casting was brilliant and I was blown away by teen popstrel, Mandy Moores superb acting. Having seen Mandy as Jamie's almost diametric equivalent [cheerleader 'Lana' in the teen hit "The Princess Diaries"], I was extremely impressed with her character versatility.

Don't overlook this movie. Give it a chance and my bet is that most of you will be inwardly impressed whatever you may say...

A Grown-up Teen Movie

Author: kat002 from England
24 December 2002

A Walk To Remember is a grown-up teen movie, it still holds the usual traits, but the narrative is more mature and is handled in a more adult way. Mandy Moore's starring role will surprise everyone, she embodies her character perfectly, her acting is right on the mark, she definitely has more talent than your average pop star. Shane West shines too as Landon, the bad boy who looks deeper inside of himself, aided by his love for Moore's character Jamie, and changes the way he's been living.

It's a very moral packed movie. Jamie is a devout Christian, and Landon puts his life back on the straight and narrow. It's a journey, that is somewhat rushed I must add. The book is full of content, which has had to be fitted into a movie, and so the love between the characters develops very quickly, and the ending is even faster, and not as poignant because of this.

But overall, an excellent film, I cried, I laughed, and I enjoyed it.

I hate this movie...I want to go back in time, and stop the person from EVER making this movie!

Author: ( from Merritt, b.c.
24 October 2002

I hate this movie, Mandy Moore can't act, and this movie is a disgrace to the movie world. The over do the plot for one! First of all, its okay they fall in love, then he has to change, then she has to have cancer, and he mom has to be dead, and they have to get married and he becomes a doctor, I have one thing to say... IF YOU ALMOST FAIL THE FIRST 3 AND A HALF YEARS OF HIGH SCHOOL, YOU CANT GET GOOD ENOUGH GRADES IN A HALF A YEAR TO GO TO MEDICAL SCHOOL!!!! Its the chick flickiest of all chick flicks!

Great movie

Author: nikicola_11 from Alberta
26 August 2002

I recently saw rented this movie. I was iffy about seeing it because it had a singer turned actress(Mandy Moore) and in my experience has never been a good thing. I loved the movie though. The acting was incredible and seemed very difficult due to the situations. The music was choreographed into the movie making it timeless, ( meaning they didn't use music from one specific era but were eclectic). I really enjoyed how they tied everything together and how they put parts in that unless you paid really close attention to, you probably wouldn't notice. I give it two thumbs up and recommend it to anyone who loves romance.

Read the book, it's better.

Author: Lhinx
28 August 2005

This movie basically took a beautiful novel, crumpled it up, spat on it, threw it in the waste basket, and hired a cheerleader to rewrite it. I watched the movie out of curiosity, and read the book later, and was personally disgusted by how horribly they changed what could've been great scenes in this movie. For example, the beautiful Christmas play that Rev. Sullivan wrote was replaced by a New York speakeasy-ish play and song opportunity for the ever popular Mandy Moore. Leukemia victims do not look that healthy either. And of course Landon's parents are separated, they couldn't do anything original with a movie and keep the parents together, noooooooo. But I do applaud them for keeping the boy's best friend as understanding as he was in the book.

Like I said, read the book. Save yourself the agony of witnessing a beautiful work of literature suffer.

Sweet, Inspiring,Uplifting

Author: nagsaptarshi from India
19 August 2009

Well, this movie has received mixed reactions from the critics.There have been efforts to thrash the immaturity level of the movie as well as Mandy Moore's acting skills.However both are unjustified.In fact, the director succeeds in making one of the most romantic tales of our time.And Mandy Moore manages to deliver her role brilliantly, bringing on screen the cherubic look the role demanded.And her expressions were simply loving.

I was not sure whether I really wanted to watch this movie or not.Was thinking that it might be just another movie about the college going teens, their "American" way of living and some torrid affairs.Hell, I was wrong.This movie is an inspiring tale of love, of unfailing faith.Its about sacrificing.Its about rising in love.

Just finished watching the movie with my wife and I must tell at the end we were just holding each other and silently shedding tears.Then we realized we have many things to do for each other,: things which we had promised to do long ago but could not do.

If you have watched it, well and fine.If you have not yet, then you are really missing something which should not be missed at least by them who still believes in the power of love, believe in something " which can't be seen, but can be felt"

Forget about the critics, forget about movie making, go and watch this movie.It is surely gonna make you feel a lot better at the end and make you realize that you still have many unfinished things in your list.