IMDb > A Walk to Remember (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
A Walk to Remember

A Walk to Remember More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 97: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

Mandy Moore In Memorable Debut Lead

Author: CitizenCaine from Las Vegas, Nevada
12 January 2009

Jamie Sullivan has an ever-lasting influence on Landon Carter. A Walk To Remember is based on the Nicholas Sparks novel about two teens from opposite sides of the tracks who meet by fate in a school play. Mandy Moore has her first lead role as the spiritual teen engulfed by her minister father's (Peter Coyote) fire and brimstone attitude. Shane West plays the boy from the wrong side of the tracks whose estrangement from his father has eaten away at him over time. Darryl Hannah plays his mother in a wasted role. The film is still remarkably entertaining, mostly because it defies the typical teen stereotypes in films. Although there's a token black guy in here, the black guy doesn't get killed. Joking aside, the film has worthwhile messages for its target audience and will most definitely appeal to teenage girls the most for its Romeo & Juliet aspects. Some will find it unforgettable and others will find it a bit too sentimental. The film is really a showcase for young Mandy Moore's talents. Moore and co-star Shane West are appealing in a film that could easily have turned exploitative. **1/2 of 4 stars.

About love

Author: N N from Lithuania
16 June 2006

Two teenagers fall in love each other. They full wishes how to begin life. But one thing mess their dreams. Jamie sick untreatable illness. Them stay hope and love. Its very impressive film. Love exist and he is undying. Who didn't love anything they will not understand this film. When i see this young people, i want be in their way. Love and passion, wish to be together each second and lover smile are feeling whose stay in heart. And when you pause what will happen if your darling ill untreatable illness. In this situation love is only cure. If you love, you remember, remember people in your hearts till death, till world end.

simply amazing...worth watching...........

Author: sunil-lotr from India
5 June 2006

I watched this movie by chance....i'm glad i watched. I never thought i'll watch or love any Hollywood romantic movies. My likes were confined to mostly action,sci-fi,mystery movies. But after watching AWTR i was shocked to find that i was missing a big part of movies....or rather a big part of life. This is a simple story of first love which is pure and innocent...how love can transform a person to a more better person. Landon is a high school guy who has got no aim in his life,takes fun in tormenting others,etc. By some turns in life,he gets to meet Jamie who is just the opposite of him,who help others & a strong belief in miracles. He didn't know when he fell in love with a girl like jamie. But the story not ends here...Jamie has a secret. Now comes the emotional part...which also made me cry,which even surprised me the first time... Mandy moore was fabulous in the role of jamie. I don't think that anybody could do her part better than her. I simply love her. She made me love the character Jamie. Shane west also played his part well. He is a lucky guy to get such a great part to play in the movie. I have watched the movie over and over again. I like it more and more each time i watch. After AWTR i searched for more romantic movies but couldn't find a movie like this. I will give this movie 10 out of 10. It is one of my favourite movie. I can't stop myself from writing comment on this. I recommend this movie to everyone.

fantastic

Author: drobert793 from north wales
29 August 2004

I watched this film today and totally wasn't expecting the sad news and had tears streaming down my face for the rest of the film, it was a great film to watch and one i have recommended already to several people. The acting was great, the singing sensational and the moral of the story inspiring to all with a heart. If this film didn't tug your heart strings then you have no heart. Great Job!!! I went and watched it again a few hours later in case i'd missed any bits through the tears lol. Please make more films like this, we all need a good tear jerker now and again, after all they say crying is good for the soul!!!!! And finally, Mandy Moore has a beautiful voice.

A beautiful and moving film.

Author: Jenna Altringham (hayden-panettiere-ukfan) from Essex
15 June 2004

I was a little skeptical about seeing this film, as the book was absolutely amazing, and I didn't want anything to spoil the illusion of it that was in my mind. Against my better judgment, however, I did go to see the film, and I didn't regret it for a second. It did the book the justice that I hoped it would.

I have always thought that Mandy Moore was a brilliant actress, and this movie has only confirmed this for me. The casting for this movie was brilliant, as Shane West was suited for the part of Landon, and there was great chemistry between himself and Mandy.

The scene where Jamie tells Landon what is wrong was so touching, it made me cry. It takes a lot for a movie to make me cry, but this scene was so moving.

The only criticism I have about this movie was that it was over too soon.

Incredible from start to finish.

Author: hacy from South Wales
2 May 2004

What an amazing film!!!! I'd read the book which was set in the 1950's and cried. The film has brought the story right up to date and it loses none of it's magic. If anything I think it becomes more relevant. It's brilliantly acted and Shane West is......well..... "incredible" doesn't quite do him justice!. To see him transform himself from bad boy to someone that does everything within his power for the woman he loves is just heart rending. Look out for him as he's going to be HUGE!!!!!

This has to be the greatest love story since the original "Love Story". I think every woman wants to be loved like Landon loves Jamie.

I'm in serious danger of wearing out my copy of the video as I watch it so often. The music is fabulous too and the CD is definitely worth getting. The whole package is just fabulous!

WoW, I love this movie!!!!

Author: vikki_us from Surrey
21 February 2004

I only watched this film about 2 weeks ago, I saw the trailers for it when it first came out but my boyfriend wouldn't go and watch it with me. I finally decided to buy it for myself and I can't believe how much I've fallen for this film. I've watched it at least a hundred times, I can't get bored of it I absolutely love it. I thought it was going to be another cheesy 'She's All That' type films, I thought Mandy Moore was going to play some nerd that gets a makeover and becomes the best looking girl in school. So, to my surprise when I watched the film for myself and discovered this was totally not the plot I could not believe it. I cried all the way from half way till the end of the film, when she told Landon she was dying oh my god I couldn't even focus on the screen for all the tears. I never liked Mandy Moore before but from this film I'm her number 1 fan I thought she was great in this, she played her role brilliantly. And as for Shane West, well I think I might be in love with him, he was brilliant. I recommend anyone to buy the soundtrack it's pricey but just as good as the movie. P.S. I love the part when he took her to the state line, so she could be in 2 places at once - all I can say is WOW!!!

Well...in all honesty I think that....

Author: (devilish0814@aol.com) from Sheffield, England
17 February 2004

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** I remember going to the cinema to see a movie and seeing the trailer for this film. I remember thinking "Oh Dear...another American teen movie blah blah blah" One night I was sitting at home and my mom had been to the video shop on the way home from work and had picked it up having been told by the woman behind the counter that it was "astonoshing" At that point I thought "I ain't watchin that!" but as the night went on the video box was sitting in front of the TV as if trying to shout out "WATCH ME!" ... so I did naturally...I was shocked and stunned ladies and gentlemen... I have never ever EVER cried at a film before...I just don't, it's not that I see little point...films just don't move me.... but I watched a walk to remember and couldn't seem to stop.... I started to well up with tears a little when Landon tells Jamie that he loves her when they're standing on the peer... and then there were a couple of moments in the film where I quite literally started to cry pretty badly... The moments and reasons were:- - When Landon goes to thank his dad - I was crying my little heart out lol, because Landon starts to cry and then just grabs his dad and you think "For a guy who only sends his son a cheque once a month and taught him how to walk away he's not a bad guy..." - I cried when he asks her to marry him....I honestly didn't see that coming....when he asks if she loves him and if she could do something for him and she says anything and then he asks her to marry him....I was gobsmacked because after he'd made all her other wishes from her list come true! - The bit where Jamie is in bed and calls Landon her 'Angel' - self explanitory - The bit that made me cry the most was where Landon has just found out Jamie has cancer, and he's fixing up his car and she turns up and he cries and she tells him she's scared of not being with him and he starts saying stuff like "Oh baby that'll never happen ok? I'll be here" My god the tears flooded like nothing else. - The Wedding, where the "Only Hope" by Switchfoot starts I just cried and cried especially when all of his friends were smiling at the wedding! And then when the camera zooms away down the isle and he says "And then she went with her unfailing faith"... after that I cried all the way to the end...when Landon tells the Reverand that he's sorry she never got her miracle and Peter Coyote says "She did it was u".... erm.... oh and the final bit... "Jamie taught me everything, about life, hope and the long journey ahead, I'll always miss her, but her love is like the wind...I can't see it, but I feel it!" -- after he says that and the music starts look at the expressions that go through his face... if this movie moved you like it did me, then you can actually more or less pin point what memeories of Jamie Landon is thinking about.... the book's also amazing....Mandy Moore's acting is great, and Shane West, well he moved me more than anyone in the film...and if it turned out that he couldn't act then it helps that he's that fine!!!!!!

Oh yes! Best movie ever

Author: cineasta45 from spain
12 February 2004

I don't know how many movies I have watched in my whole life. Nevertheless many of them are forgotten on my mind. I'm one of those who thinks that movies are more than entertainment. I mean good movies makes you think about it time after time. And I will always remember "A Walk to Remember" as my favorite movie. No matter how many times you watch it you will fall in love with the movie. The acting from Shane West, Mandy Moore and Peter Coyote is perfect. All the awards should go to this movie. You can't miss this movie. I recommend the book too. So thanks for the movie Adam Shankman. 10/10

WOW!

Author: 1sidney from US
30 December 2003

Before you read: I am not a girl, and I am not a Mandy Moore fan.

Wow! Many people call this movie a chick-flick. It's not. I recomend this movie of love and compassion to everyone of all ages. The reason this movie was so good was because of Shane and Mandy's on screen compatibility. They were great. This movie really inspired me to be a better person and to fall in love. 10/10!