IMDb > A Walk to Remember (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
A Walk to Remember

A Walk to Remember More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 97: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

A Walk To Remember (truly a film to remember)

Author: JULES from UK
12 April 2003

I had never seen "A Walk To Remember" at the cinemas and I had never read any of its reviews in the mags or papers. All I knew about the film was it was a "teen film with singer Mandy Moore'. Yeah that's all I knew. So when I got this film for my birthday I do admit to wondering if this would just be another film with a singer trying to do her best in a film and stumbling her way through it. So when I put this video into my machine I kind of did expect that it would just be what I thought it would be ...But I was pleasantly surprised.

Mandy Moore plays Jamie Sullivan. And Jamie (the preachers daughter) who isn't exactly in the popular crowd in fact she's far removed from them as you can get. Mandy is such a great actress and watching this film and knowing this is her first lead role makes it even more amazing because seeing her in this film you would think she's been acting forever. She has the ability to make the audience believe in the character that she's playing and that is something that not many people can do. She also makes this role her own and I don't think anyone else could have played Jamie because Mandy does it so brilliantly

Shane West plays Landon Carter. Landon is the popular one and is surrounded by friends and is very much in the in-crowd. Shane's performance is brilliant in this. I admit I had never seen anything with Shane in it before but after watching this film I will definitely be checking out his other roles. In this film He plays the role of Landon brilliantly and switches from the bad guy stuff to the sensitive stuff with ease. Just like Mandy he makes the role his own.

The pairing of Mandy and Shane (Jamie and Landon) was a good choice to make. There is so much chemistry there, which is what makes the film so great to watch. They work well together and there is no denying it. I really hope these two will have a chance to work together again because partnerships like that don't come along often

The film is so great, it had me hooked all the way through and Jamie's secret (I'm not gonna say what it is in case nobody has seen the film) comes out of the blue. It is totally unexpected and you don't see it coming. This film will make you smile and laugh at the good times that happen and also cry (like I did) at the circumstances that nobody has any control of.

Did someone say there was meant to be a deleted scenes version of the DVD? I hope so. I got the video and it was so good and when I heard that there were extras on the DVD I went out and got that too. The only thing that wasn't on the DVD was the "cry" video that Mandy sings. Are Shane and she in the video too? Also the soundtracks brilliant too. Its not often that there is a soundtrack out there that you can sit and listen to it all the way through and say that is every songs great but with this you can because every songs great. It even makes me want to buy the book too which I probably will

I would recommend this film to everyone and not just for teens. It appeals to everyone who basically wants to watch a good film. Because that's what it is.... actually its not just good its EXCELLENT lol. It isn't the same story that most films have, its very very different and that's why it is so unique. Movies like this don't come along very often so I recommend you buy it because it's not one to miss

I cried my eyes out!

Author: Alice
20 February 2003

This film potrays the model of true love. Jamie Sullivan is a girl with all her moral values and her faith intact. She loves life and life loves her.Along comes Landon Rollins, a rebel with a cause, who after causing injury to another student is forced to participate in the school play, has to accept that he is paying for his crime. The play brings the two together and they fall in love but Jamie has not told Landon she is dying. We expect Landon to run away but he becomes so deeply in love with her that we see a true love until she dies.

Author: Kayla from USA
19 February 2003

This movie was superb. I hate to see bad reviews of it, because it touched me so much. It broke the mold in teenage movies, touching on death, popularity,and faith. It was bittersweet and just fabulous. The acting was great, and the script was beautiful. It touched me so much. It made me believe the miracles can happen and to always believe, and be thankful for what you have. It follows Jamie and Landon throughout a troubled relationship to begin with, and they had to deal with all odds. I loved it! RENT IT!

The best movie I have ever seen!!!

Author: bjlaytonmd from globe, arizona
7 February 2003

I am 48 and have seen quite a few movies and this is by far the best movie I have ever seen. I read the book and found the movie to be far better; probably because it was "modernized". Shane West and Mandy Moore did an excellent job. It is refreshing to see that the film industry can still produce such a tasteful and wonderful work. I have encouraged my family to watch this movie and to try and be like Jaime-full of faith, hope and charity and like Langdon-willing to change, willing to learn to love and be committed. It was truly a life-changing movie; even for me at age 48. Thanks.

Better than I thought it would be

Author: DunnDeeDaGreat from Woodbridge, VA
26 January 2003

A Walk to Remember is one of the films that I talked about negatively before I saw the preview and didn't wanna see it. I recently saw the film twice on HBO and I really enjoyed it. Shane West and Mandy Moore both give great performances and have good chemistry. The film is a tear jerker but the tears in the movie are earned and not forced. I give this film *** stars.

a must see movie for all those hopeless romantics

Author: melissa (md151515)
7 July 2002

A Walk To Remember is my favorite movie. i thought it was excellent. the hot shot popular guy and the nobody girl who everyone makes fun of fall in love and shane west and mandy moore do a great job of portraying landon and jamie as in the book, and also do a marvelous job of getting you to fall in love w/ them too. it is a definite feel good movie that makes you smile, laugh, and cry. i read a review on this movie and the bottom line said it was forgettable. well me, being a movie buff and all, could not forget about it. it was said that mandy moore sings "only hope" on stage with only a piano for music and on the soundtrack she's backed by a string orchestra, who cares?! i never agree with movie critics and some say a movie stinks if one little thing is not realistic, that doesnt mean the movie is horrible, i mean it is a movie, not real life, who cares!? this is a must see movie for all those who are hopelessly romantic.

Most touching movie I have seen in years

Author: rum2550 from Sri Lanka
9 April 2010

Though I do not often make comments on movies I see, for this one I was compelled to do so. I guess I saw this movie DVD on a shelf of the DVD rental shop for a long time but I was not interested in renting it; may be due to fact that the leading character is played by Mandy Moore as mention in the cover. I had never disliked her but I just thought she was just a good singer and couldn't be a good actress as well. However, accidentally I saw a comment by a viewer in the Youtube under one of Mandy's videos appreciating her acting in this movie and the next time I went to shop I bought the DVD.I saw the movie last night and Wow.. Even today whole-day I felt as if I was living in the movie. This is why I am writing this. Though it feels like a typical teen movie in the first half of the movie, story evolves into some deeper territory which is not common in teen movies.I was awfully wrong about Mandy. Her acting is much superior than most renowned actresses specially since she's playing a character with qualities totally opposite of her pop singer image. Shane West is also making a superb blend. Expression of feelings by both of them makes the audience thoroughly sentimental.I guess that is wonder of this movie; for which most of the credit should go to the director and the screenwriter. I guess it's kind of magical ability making people so emotional and tearful. This is a movie that describes the true meaning of love at best. AWTR is by far the best romantic movie I have seen.You will not be disappointed seeing this one if you still haven't seen it. This is highly recommended.

Beautiful Film!!!!

Author: koshpatel756 from United States
15 February 2009

I cant believe this film is only ranked 7/10 on IMDb. I started watching it last night thinking it would only be a normal American teen movie but luckily i was wrong. Normally I am not one who watches much on the side of American films because only a few of them ever pull at my heart strings but this movie was one that truly did. I cried through half the film, its just that awesome of a film. The way characters are developed makes u have to fall in love with Jamie and also makes you cry for Landon and Jamie once it becomes apparent something bad is on the horizon. The film was done perfectly proving you don't need exposure or sex scenes to show love between 2 people. Even though Christianity is strongly used in the film i could link it to my spirituality and my understandings and beliefs of what love is and what it can do to a person and i believe that these beliefs are universal and recognizable by people of all cultures and religious or spiritual background. The movie conveys a lot of things that i strongly believe in about love, relationships and life and therefore it truly touched me in a way most of the material and glitz filled American films fail to do.

- Love transcends all, society, peer pressure, anything that may try to stand in the way does not prevent true love from taking root and flourishing.

- Love knows no jealousy, hatred, pride, self centeredness, and resent. Love in fact is the purest of emotions one will ever encounter in ones life and when one does, and love takes root it can really change a person for the better.

- Relationships are built on trust and understanding including one of love which was very prominent in the relationship between Landon and Jamie.

- All in all this movie in a very short span of time reveals the beauty that one can find in the life that God has created for us no matter how early he chooses to call us to him. and how much of an impact the right life partner can have on the way one lives and views his life. As Landon says at the end of the film even though she is no longer there her love is like the wind he can feel it even if he cant see it even when one departs. shows that love for another person does not end when the persons life ends but when someone truly loves someone their souls become 1 and they live on in the souls of the other.

this film was just pure brilliance one of the best movies i have ever seen. it made me cry with sadness as well as with happiness (and this coming from an 18 year old boy). If you see this movie coming on TV as you are flipping through channels or even if u have to go out to a store to get it i would strongly recommend it. I can only pray to God that I find a girl as perfect as Jamie.

U have to see it!

Author: Lester07 from United States
24 July 2007

Its a movie of life time. It makes u laugh and cry. It engrosses u completely and u are unaware of what happens to yourself. Its a must watch for everybody. No age differences for the cleanest movie of Hollywood. I loved Mandy Moore like anything. The expressions of Shane West were really great. The scene in which he confronts his father a second time was heartening. The love story was superbly picturized. I loved the environment in which the movie was taken. I can't say anything about the sound track in this film, as i'm obsessed with it. The song Jamie sings is unbelievable. The ending was a little hasty but well taken. Finally its the softest and loveliest movie ever taken.

No clichés... no flicks. Simply what the true power of love is capable of.

Author: TigerLordII from Germany
14 April 2007

I had heard about this movie when it first came out. I had always thought it would be one of the usual flick, teen-like and full of clichés. The sort of movie you regret having paid for, that will only touch the superficials. But I was wrong.

This movies holds a great many resemblances with The Notebook. Most probably because they are both based on novels written by Nicholas Sparks. A man who, in his life, clearly has experienced true love to be able to write about it so beautifully. If you have ever tasted true love, you will feel it during this picture. You will see the sparks between Jamie and Landon, because just like between Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling in the Notebook, the chemistry between Mandy Moore and Shane West is heartbreakingly real. This is without a doubt Moore's best movie and one of West's best performance.

This movie is all about true love, and its power. A power so strong, that it can change you inside forever, change your life forever. Shane West portrays that very well, and Mandy Moore truly delivers an enchanting performance. You see it, and you believe it. Those who reproached The Notebook to be too long will definitely find A Walk to Remember better as it is significantly shorter. The essence though, remains intact. It would be hard to believe this picture will not bring tears to your eyes. At the very least, it will touch you, for sure. Just like after I finished watching The Notebook, I couldn't stop feeling serenity and warmth. Something so beautiful is truly rare, and anyone who will ever taste this will be lucky. This is what you understand from all of this, and the message is well and clearly delivered without the need of sex or nudity, which is a pretty rare thing NOT to see nowadays.

Of course, it isn't perfect. Thankfully the usual they lived happily ever after cliché is non-existent here, and it wasn't the point. Some might find it too romantic, too unrealistic, cheesy even. As I said, those who have tasted this kind of love will see it this movie from a different angle. The score doesn't compare to Hans Zimmer's work (or The Notebook's for that matter), but it good, appropriate, and Mandy Moore's gentle voice can be heard a few times in the movie.

I am very happy I gave the movie its chance. I shed quite a few tears, and wished the movie would not yet end. Although the level of complexity of The Notebook isn't present in A Walk to Remember, it touched me more, and it definitely stands in the league with The Green Mile of the biggest tear jerkers.

All-in-all a great movie the romantic will purely and truly enjoy. If anything, a picture that will touch anyone who makes the effort to watch it with an open-mind, that such love exists. 8/10