IMDb > A Walk to Remember (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
A Walk to Remember

A Walk to Remember More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 96: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Pure Love.

Author: Jim Kobayashi from Japan
4 March 2011

I picked this movie as a usual Friday night movie and I didn't expect that I was gonna cry at all. But to be honest, I cried so hard. and let me warn you, this movie MADE YOU CRY OUT YOUR EYES.

If I'd describe this movie in a word, that would be "Pure". The love between Jamie and Landon was so sweet and pure, and all the beautiful scenery used in this film made their relationship look more pure and lovable. Their pure love reminded me of my young love in high school and made me realize how the relationships I'm getting into lately is messed up and not that pure anymore.

BTW, Some people might think these kind of movie is cheesy or too romantic, and I agree with those opinion, this movie could be cheesy and "try to make audience cry too hard" kind of movie, but still, considering those aspects of this movie, I'm telling you this film is absolutely worth to watch.

Great scenery, great music,great cast, and great storyline. What else do you need? just watch it!!

It's really a must!

Author: kali from Bulgaria
4 June 2009

A Walk to Remember is a 2002 romance film based on the novel with the same name by Nicholas Sparks. The movie stars pop singer Mandy Moore, who plays Jamie Sullivan- the only daughter of the minister, and Shane West - one of the popular guys in the school (Landon Carter) . The movie was directed by Adam Shankman and has many nominations and wins.

The story begins when Landon nearly kills a fellow student when he and his friends play a prank on him. As punishment, Landon has to participate in after-school community service activities - help the staff in school, tutor kids and take part in the school's yearly play. This faces him with Jamie - a girl who he has known all his life but ignored. He gets to know her better as she helps him with the school play. Unexpectedly, Landon finds himself falling in love and this new friendship brings him many problems with his old friends, while Jamie is forced to deal with her strict father and a secret that she's keeping from her schoolmates.

The script is very exciting and the movie ends very dramatically. The actors are great professionals and their acting in the film proves that. The soundtracks of the film are so influential and the main song - "Only hope" by Mandy Moore is a really catchy tune. The movie is full of memorable moments and thoughts like: "Find out who you are and do it on purpose." or "Love is like the wind. You can't see it but you can feel it." Story like this was played before, but this movie does it much better than most.

Those who love teen romances will enjoy this film but not only they - this film will please a much wider audience, including adults and also men.

Gorgeous

Author: switchfootlova from Australia
12 May 2006

I saw this at the movies three times when it was first released!

I think that it is so romantic and so beautiful and i think that the movie was made very well and Nicholas Sparks novel was transformed into one of the best movies that i have ever seen!

It's not like all the other chick flicks; girl meets guy, they fall in love, something bad happens, they live happily ever after and they have a happy ending.

This movie goes much deeper and touches people. It's Landon bad boy from school, the 'pop' and everyone loves him and he knows it. After a prank gone seriously wrong, he is forced to spend more time with the right kinda people. Jamie, the school nerd, no one dislikes her but everyone laughs at her, her father is the local Reverend and she is the right kinda person.

They have been in all the same classes since Kindergarten but have never been friends. the first time they talk she makes him promise not to fall in love with her. he laughs, not a problem! But as they spend more time together Landon starts to realize that it is harder than he thought!

To his friends disgust, they start to date, but then Jamie's secret is revealed and things will never be the same for Landon again.

It's about true love and becoming something that you never thought that you could. it's not about teenage crushes and lighthearted teenage fun. It will make you laugh, and cry as you see Jamie and Landon fall in love against all odds, but will the odds catch up to them?

I loved it and i think most people out there will, it really touched me and i think its one that you can watch with anyone, your mum, your friends, even your boyfriend would like it! Highly Recommended!

No one close to me has died of cancer, but after watching this I feel like someone close has.

Author: Josh B
26 May 2004

I have read a couple reviews of this movie by "Professional Reviewers" and I don't see why most of them have a problem with it. Yeah the story is a little predictable (jock meets the geek). I've seen others movies like it and they didn't leave me feeling the way that I felt after watching this. I am a guy who always puts on a tough facade and never gets very emotional. But after the movie I missed Jamie and felt like I was right there with the other characters.

Mandy Moore's character is portrayed as what has to be "the perfect girl", beautiful, passionate, and tenacious among other qualities. I was mesmerized by her ability to grow in character without really changing herself from the (un)ugly duckling she was introduced as (Well except for that scene in the play of course, HOT).

I had never really heard of Shane West before this movie but I think that in this movie he did a great job and was very believable. I also liked the reverend although cold and harsh at first he surrenders to his daughters wishes and accepts her choice (exactly like my experience).

There is part of the story that didn't make sense to me though. A form of punishment would never result in a part in a play. Aren't there other people competing for parts? Guess Not. But that is about the only thing that threw me off, easy to forgive with the rest of the story that you receive.

PS - Girls if your boyfriend thinks he is tough and unemotional like me, Show them this and watch them weep.

A Walk To Remember (truly a film to remember)

Author: JULES from UK
12 April 2003

I had never seen "A Walk To Remember" at the cinemas and I had never read any of its reviews in the mags or papers. All I knew about the film was it was a "teen film with singer Mandy Moore'. Yeah that's all I knew. So when I got this film for my birthday I do admit to wondering if this would just be another film with a singer trying to do her best in a film and stumbling her way through it. So when I put this video into my machine I kind of did expect that it would just be what I thought it would be ...But I was pleasantly surprised.

Mandy Moore plays Jamie Sullivan. And Jamie (the preachers daughter) who isn't exactly in the popular crowd in fact she's far removed from them as you can get. Mandy is such a great actress and watching this film and knowing this is her first lead role makes it even more amazing because seeing her in this film you would think she's been acting forever. She has the ability to make the audience believe in the character that she's playing and that is something that not many people can do. She also makes this role her own and I don't think anyone else could have played Jamie because Mandy does it so brilliantly

Shane West plays Landon Carter. Landon is the popular one and is surrounded by friends and is very much in the in-crowd. Shane's performance is brilliant in this. I admit I had never seen anything with Shane in it before but after watching this film I will definitely be checking out his other roles. In this film He plays the role of Landon brilliantly and switches from the bad guy stuff to the sensitive stuff with ease. Just like Mandy he makes the role his own.

The pairing of Mandy and Shane (Jamie and Landon) was a good choice to make. There is so much chemistry there, which is what makes the film so great to watch. They work well together and there is no denying it. I really hope these two will have a chance to work together again because partnerships like that don't come along often

The film is so great, it had me hooked all the way through and Jamie's secret (I'm not gonna say what it is in case nobody has seen the film) comes out of the blue. It is totally unexpected and you don't see it coming. This film will make you smile and laugh at the good times that happen and also cry (like I did) at the circumstances that nobody has any control of.

Did someone say there was meant to be a deleted scenes version of the DVD? I hope so. I got the video and it was so good and when I heard that there were extras on the DVD I went out and got that too. The only thing that wasn't on the DVD was the "cry" video that Mandy sings. Are Shane and she in the video too? Also the soundtracks brilliant too. Its not often that there is a soundtrack out there that you can sit and listen to it all the way through and say that is every songs great but with this you can because every songs great. It even makes me want to buy the book too which I probably will

I would recommend this film to everyone and not just for teens. It appeals to everyone who basically wants to watch a good film. Because that's what it is.... actually its not just good its EXCELLENT lol. It isn't the same story that most films have, its very very different and that's why it is so unique. Movies like this don't come along very often so I recommend you buy it because it's not one to miss

I cried my eyes out!

Author: Alice
20 February 2003

This film potrays the model of true love. Jamie Sullivan is a girl with all her moral values and her faith intact. She loves life and life loves her.Along comes Landon Rollins, a rebel with a cause, who after causing injury to another student is forced to participate in the school play, has to accept that he is paying for his crime. The play brings the two together and they fall in love but Jamie has not told Landon she is dying. We expect Landon to run away but he becomes so deeply in love with her that we see a true love until she dies.

EXCELLENT, BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT

Author: Kayla from USA
19 February 2003

This movie was superb. I hate to see bad reviews of it, because it touched me so much. It broke the mold in teenage movies, touching on death, popularity,and faith. It was bittersweet and just fabulous. The acting was great, and the script was beautiful. It touched me so much. It made me believe the miracles can happen and to always believe, and be thankful for what you have. It follows Jamie and Landon throughout a troubled relationship to begin with, and they had to deal with all odds. I loved it! RENT IT!

The best movie I have ever seen!!!

Author: bjlaytonmd from globe, arizona
7 February 2003

I am 48 and have seen quite a few movies and this is by far the best movie I have ever seen. I read the book and found the movie to be far better; probably because it was "modernized". Shane West and Mandy Moore did an excellent job. It is refreshing to see that the film industry can still produce such a tasteful and wonderful work. I have encouraged my family to watch this movie and to try and be like Jaime-full of faith, hope and charity and like Langdon-willing to change, willing to learn to love and be committed. It was truly a life-changing movie; even for me at age 48. Thanks.

Better than I thought it would be

Author: DunnDeeDaGreat from Woodbridge, VA
26 January 2003

A Walk to Remember is one of the films that I talked about negatively before I saw the preview and didn't wanna see it. I recently saw the film twice on HBO and I really enjoyed it. Shane West and Mandy Moore both give great performances and have good chemistry. The film is a tear jerker but the tears in the movie are earned and not forced. I give this film *** stars.

a must see movie for all those hopeless romantics

Author: melissa (md151515)
7 July 2002

A Walk To Remember is my favorite movie. i thought it was excellent. the hot shot popular guy and the nobody girl who everyone makes fun of fall in love and shane west and mandy moore do a great job of portraying landon and jamie as in the book, and also do a marvelous job of getting you to fall in love w/ them too. it is a definite feel good movie that makes you smile, laugh, and cry. i read a review on this movie and the bottom line said it was forgettable. well me, being a movie buff and all, could not forget about it. it was said that mandy moore sings "only hope" on stage with only a piano for music and on the soundtrack she's backed by a string orchestra, who cares?! i never agree with movie critics and some say a movie stinks if one little thing is not realistic, that doesnt mean the movie is horrible, i mean it is a movie, not real life, who cares!? this is a must see movie for all those who are hopelessly romantic.