IMDb > A Walk to Remember (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
A Walk to Remember

A Walk to Remember More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 97: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

what were they thinking??????

Author: froggirl1120 from United Kingdom
15 January 2006

This is the worst film I have ever seen in my life. How in the name of god did it get such a good rating???? I genuinely feel two hours of my life have been robbed from me. I actually felt embarrassed watching it. And the script was just atrocious. I quote 'promise not to fall in love with me' (ok maybe thats not very exact.. but you get the idea) where the hell did that even come from? Is she not supposed to be modest??? what inclination did she have that he would fall in love with her. I mean really! and character development!?!?! where did that go? one minute he hates her and is a bad guy. next he is in love with her out of nowhere?!?!?! I just cant deal with it. predictable, sickening, boring and embarrassing nonsense.

Manipulative LifeTime Quality

Author: gene_freak from United States
13 April 2006

Half generic teen movie, half manipulative wanna-be tear-jerker, this piece of crap and fluff tries to showcase whitebread Mandy Moore's average singing abilities.

As recommended by her image consultant, Moore plays a dull goody-two-shoes character so puritanically over the top that God Himself has to resist the persistent urge to just snatch her up to Heaven at any given time.

To further cement her ridiculously caricaturish nature, she dresses just like your grandmother.

When Shane West needs her help with his lines for the dumb play he's forced to star in, of course she'll help! She spends all her free time helping everybody! "Just don't fall in love with me..." AWWW!

Guess what happens?

(Insert token scene of him blowing her off in the hallway, because all his friends make fun of her)

Her supreme goodness predictably makes him a better person. Awww!

I did cry at the part where the holy prude stayed out late with good-for-nothing Landon (don't worry, she's saving herself for marriage, duh!) and her preacher dad actually says "Your behavior is sinful!" I was laughing THAT hard!

What a joke! At this point, I knew there were only 2 ways the movie could go - either she gets accepted and made-over, or she dies all young and pure.

I was expecting a Vatican conference and canonization ceremony at the end, but had to settle for the lame voice-over about their short time together, etc. Yawn.

But you can always buy Mandy Moore CDs and know just what an angel from the Lord sounds like!

A punch in the stone hearts

Author: Juno Blue from Romania
11 September 2012

Intense, with the intensity of the teenager heart.

Emotional, with the purity of the untainted feelings.

I will miss the day I saw it for the first and last time, since I'm not usually watching any great impact movie again for years. 9 years have passed since then , and the image of the two leading characters is still fresh, my heart is still trembling of emotion and sympathy whenever I remember of this title. There are things that help us live and things we have no desire to live without.

This movie helps us remember that it's not all about the life's length, but of its quality as well.

A walk to remember

Author: Carolina Motta ( from Brazil
26 April 2011

"A walk to remember" is a drama set in North Carolina. It's is written and produced by Adam Shankman and Karen Janszen.

The story begins in a school. The popular boy,Landon Carter and his friends are very stupid and they think they are the best in the world. London lacks faith in himself, in the wonder of life and in God. On the other hand, he has an intelligent and religious woman at school. Her name is Jamie Sullivan. She's a reverend's daughter. She wears baggy clothes and walks alone.

Landon partially responsible for a crime and he is punished for it. His punishment is to participate in the school theater and help sick children. Jamie does the same things for years. Landon starts to talk to Jamie and they fall in love.

Jamie helps Landon to redeem his faith in God. They do many things and live a beautiful love story. The movie reaches a dramatic climax when Jamie reveals her secret to London.

The cast (Mandy Moore and Shane West) is excellent. Mandy Moore is a certifiable superstar and Shane West is really good. This film brings innocence,sweetness,optimism and faith in life and love and the ability of every single person for change and the obligation to become better.

I would recommend it because this film is a life lesson. This film will make you cry and laugh and there is such a great message. Trust me!

by: Carolina Carvalho Simões de Oliveira Motta

Pure Love.

Author: Jim Kobayashi from Japan
4 March 2011

I picked this movie as a usual Friday night movie and I didn't expect that I was gonna cry at all. But to be honest, I cried so hard. and let me warn you, this movie MADE YOU CRY OUT YOUR EYES.

If I'd describe this movie in a word, that would be "Pure". The love between Jamie and Landon was so sweet and pure, and all the beautiful scenery used in this film made their relationship look more pure and lovable. Their pure love reminded me of my young love in high school and made me realize how the relationships I'm getting into lately is messed up and not that pure anymore.

BTW, Some people might think these kind of movie is cheesy or too romantic, and I agree with those opinion, this movie could be cheesy and "try to make audience cry too hard" kind of movie, but still, considering those aspects of this movie, I'm telling you this film is absolutely worth to watch.

Great scenery, great music,great cast, and great storyline. What else do you need? just watch it!!

Not great not bad

Author: phd_travel from United States
14 October 2010

This is not the best Nicholas Sparks novel into a movie.

There are some good points and some bad points. The romance is not that great like in the Notebook. The early part of the romance is terribly clichéd. But it is surprisingly quite moving after she gets sick. And then it turns into a decent tear jerker.

Mandy Moore fans will enjoy this. But I found her acting ability limited. She had a daft look in trying to look angelic. If there was a bit more of her sickness in the story she might have shown more acting range. Lori Singer looked a bit frightful. Peter Coyote was a bit menacing. Shane West is a bit ugly and his expressions are unattractive.

So in the end its an okay tear jerker but it is a bit weak.

It's really a must!

Author: kali from Bulgaria
4 June 2009

A Walk to Remember is a 2002 romance film based on the novel with the same name by Nicholas Sparks. The movie stars pop singer Mandy Moore, who plays Jamie Sullivan- the only daughter of the minister, and Shane West - one of the popular guys in the school (Landon Carter) . The movie was directed by Adam Shankman and has many nominations and wins.

The story begins when Landon nearly kills a fellow student when he and his friends play a prank on him. As punishment, Landon has to participate in after-school community service activities - help the staff in school, tutor kids and take part in the school's yearly play. This faces him with Jamie - a girl who he has known all his life but ignored. He gets to know her better as she helps him with the school play. Unexpectedly, Landon finds himself falling in love and this new friendship brings him many problems with his old friends, while Jamie is forced to deal with her strict father and a secret that she's keeping from her schoolmates.

The script is very exciting and the movie ends very dramatically. The actors are great professionals and their acting in the film proves that. The soundtracks of the film are so influential and the main song - "Only hope" by Mandy Moore is a really catchy tune. The movie is full of memorable moments and thoughts like: "Find out who you are and do it on purpose." or "Love is like the wind. You can't see it but you can feel it." Story like this was played before, but this movie does it much better than most.

Those who love teen romances will enjoy this film but not only they - this film will please a much wider audience, including adults and also men.

Author: switchfootlova from Australia
12 May 2006

I saw this at the movies three times when it was first released!

I think that it is so romantic and so beautiful and i think that the movie was made very well and Nicholas Sparks novel was transformed into one of the best movies that i have ever seen!

It's not like all the other chick flicks; girl meets guy, they fall in love, something bad happens, they live happily ever after and they have a happy ending.

This movie goes much deeper and touches people. It's Landon bad boy from school, the 'pop' and everyone loves him and he knows it. After a prank gone seriously wrong, he is forced to spend more time with the right kinda people. Jamie, the school nerd, no one dislikes her but everyone laughs at her, her father is the local Reverend and she is the right kinda person.

They have been in all the same classes since Kindergarten but have never been friends. the first time they talk she makes him promise not to fall in love with her. he laughs, not a problem! But as they spend more time together Landon starts to realize that it is harder than he thought!

To his friends disgust, they start to date, but then Jamie's secret is revealed and things will never be the same for Landon again.

It's about true love and becoming something that you never thought that you could. it's not about teenage crushes and lighthearted teenage fun. It will make you laugh, and cry as you see Jamie and Landon fall in love against all odds, but will the odds catch up to them?

I loved it and i think most people out there will, it really touched me and i think its one that you can watch with anyone, your mum, your friends, even your boyfriend would like it! Highly Recommended!

No one close to me has died of cancer, but after watching this I feel like someone close has.

Author: Josh B
26 May 2004

I have read a couple reviews of this movie by "Professional Reviewers" and I don't see why most of them have a problem with it. Yeah the story is a little predictable (jock meets the geek). I've seen others movies like it and they didn't leave me feeling the way that I felt after watching this. I am a guy who always puts on a tough facade and never gets very emotional. But after the movie I missed Jamie and felt like I was right there with the other characters.

Mandy Moore's character is portrayed as what has to be "the perfect girl", beautiful, passionate, and tenacious among other qualities. I was mesmerized by her ability to grow in character without really changing herself from the (un)ugly duckling she was introduced as (Well except for that scene in the play of course, HOT).

I had never really heard of Shane West before this movie but I think that in this movie he did a great job and was very believable. I also liked the reverend although cold and harsh at first he surrenders to his daughters wishes and accepts her choice (exactly like my experience).

There is part of the story that didn't make sense to me though. A form of punishment would never result in a part in a play. Aren't there other people competing for parts? Guess Not. But that is about the only thing that threw me off, easy to forgive with the rest of the story that you receive.

PS - Girls if your boyfriend thinks he is tough and unemotional like me, Show them this and watch them weep.

Miss this and you miss out...

Author: Kritically Kind from In the Clouds
8 January 2004

As far as teen movies go this was delightfully surprising. A tale of two North Carolina teens it was both touching and inspiring.

The story is beautifully crafted and Mandy Moore's portrayal of Jamie Sullivan is enchanting enough to bring the character to life for any audience. Her shyness and lack of acting experience make her ever more believable as Jamie and a sweetness and innocense naturally shines through. Likewise, Shane west is no let down either. He is perfect as the bad boy in search of better things. Completely believable and at ease with this character his charm and charisma sail him through his role.

Concurrent to being a love story this movie also envoques more interesting topics - so far relatively untouched in teen movies. Having Jamie as the reverend's daughter is a wonderful twist and presents new problems for Landon (West).

All of this contributes to the very effective bitter-sweet ending of the movie and one is left both inspired and with feelings of hope as well as affection for the main characters.

This is by far one of my favourite teen movies and if you miss this one, you will most certainly miss out. 10/10