IMDb > Sorority Boys (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 5 of 11: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Number 1 criteria: It just made me laugh

Author: feiner from Coto de Caza, CA 92679
25 March 2002

You don't have to be an academy award winner to entertain. This movie made me laugh out loud. It's sophmoric humor rivalled Road Trip. The sight gags were hysterical. Harland Williams as Doofer/Roberta was outrageous. So called mindless humor doesn't have to be mindless if it's "intelligent mindless humor". If you're a fan of this genre, this is a must see. Animal house's next generation but not quite the classic.

A Must-See For Any College Guy

Author: Tahnee (won_ton85@girl4god.com) from Illinois
24 March 2002

I was totally pleased with this movie. I expected it to be a funny movie, but not as funny as it ended up being. The guys were hot, the girls were awesome actresses, the storyline was good. All in all, I'd have to say that it rocked. The whole idea was a great idea, the three guys learned an important lesson, while being girls for a week. By the way, what the heck was up with Spencers voice? ;) GO SEE IT!! YOU WONT REGRET IT!!

funny as hell

Author: lcaruso4 from cp, ny
24 March 2002

I am a 17 year old high school senior, and I don't laugh easily. I have never laughed so hard. This movie is packed with humor from beginning to end. Even those who are not familiar with typical high school- college humor will like this one. Highly recommended. 17+

Just admit you had a great laugh!

Author: Melanie from Canada
24 March 2002

If you guys want some intelligent movie with a complicated story and a a valuable moral, I'm sure there's still a Roman Polanski movie available at the videostore. Sorority Boys was never about that.

That being said, if you have enough humility, you'll admit that this movie is pretty darn funny! Sure, the emphasis on sex might seem unnecessary sometimes, but that's very little compared to all the other scenes that make us cry from laughing!

Harland Williams is hilarious in the role of Doofer/Roberta (who strangely resembles the Sorority founder!), who becomes the best friend of all the D.O.G. sisters. With that Kathy Griffin wig and his facial expressions, every look, every move is funny (just remember his/her trying on different shades of lipstick in the lady's store)! You can never know if it really was in the original script or if he made everything up, but it sure is working and the timing is perfect (and how about the way he takes care of the blaring alarm clock in the morning!)!

Michael Rosenbaum (Adam/Adina) as the macho-but-willing-to-do-anything-to-get-him-back-in-the-K.O.K.-house guy also gives a great performance, trying to walk on high heels, looking as sexy has he can be under those circumstances (ie : not very gracious!). As for Barry Watson, it's hard to believe his character has so much respect for women since he's from the K.O.K. house and is Adam and Doofer's buddy. But good acting after all.

Now, go see the movie, alone if you have to. Forget about the fact that a grown-up shouldn't enjoy a stupid teen movie, and let yourself enjoy it! Just don't try to see some hidden meaning to it : there isn't! I would give it a good rating for the entertainment, the lack of dull moments and for Harland's facial expressions!

Sorority Boys, a film so unfunny, so misogynistic, so stunningly awful....

Author: michellehayworth
23 March 2002

Sorority Boys, a film so unfunny, so misogynistic, so stunningly awful, that it may prove to be a revolution for the direct-to-video market.

In what apparently passes for high concept these days, three fraternity brothers of the Kappa Omega Kappa are accused of ripping off the fraternal members dues (kept conveniently in huge wads of cash in an upstairs safe) and are tossed out in a fit of revenge by the spurned pledgemaster (who has the hair of Buster Poindexter and the voice of Dan Aykroyd in Caddyshack II.)

Like wolves in women's clothing, the guys unsuccessfully try to break back in to retrieve a potentially incriminating videotape and are thrown out on their wigs and high heels to the doorstep of the Delta Omicron Gamma sorority where they are immediately welcomed with open arms. You would be correct in assuming that this house is filled exclusively with the less attractive girls on campus and headed by a beautiful blonde feminist who wears glasses.

That's essentially it. Brain dead flesh packages revived by Pauly Shore on an ecstacy trip know exactly what's going to happen. The boys will learn valuable lessons about what its like to be a woman while at the same time teaching the `DOGs' how to stand up for themselves against the hot pink ladies from that "other" sorority.

Truly disgusting!!!!

Typical, but still worth it.

Author: movie gal jules from Ontario, Canada
23 March 2002

This movie was a juvenile, contrived, typical Hollywood,testosterone filled excuse to get some free glimpses of boob, and kick some people in the balls. I laughed my pants off. Harland Williams is my new hero, and stole the show. It was a good vehicle for him, and I hope this leads to bigger and better projects. While the plot was pretty much formula teen movie fodder, it did have a good message behind it when the apparently misogynistic main characters get a taste of their own medicine. And everything gets tied up with a happy bow in the end. I have a weakness for teen movies, and Sorority Boys gave me the laugh I needed. I left the theater not missing the $11 I paid to see it.

It was hilarious

Author: Kathryn Miller (KJKat@hotmail.com) from Indiana
23 March 2002

I saw that it had Michael Rosenbaum in it and that was enough to make me want to see. Then I saw the local paper didn't even give it one star then I knew I had to see it. I am so glad I went to see it. I was laughing practically the whole movie, laughing so hard I was crying. I love the fact that there is actually a storyline in there with all the corky jokes. I like that fact it isn't like some other movies where the guys dress up like a girl just to see the girls naked. They didn't really want to join the house for the girls they had to find a place to hideout and find the truth. I am not sure what else to say without giving away parts of the movie. I just say I thought it was a great movie and I recommend everyone seeing it at least once. I will probably see it more than that though.

A riot.

Author: dmart-1 from TX, US
22 March 2002

As with many movies, misrepresented by the trailer. Hilarious from start to finish (to the very end). Rude and crude, but hey, some of us find that funny. Really raunchy comedy and not for everyone but definitely put me in a better mood.

These boys take sleaze to a new low!

Author: michelle hayworth from New York City
22 March 2002

Dave (BARRY WATSON), Adam (MICHAEL ROSENBAUM) and Doofer (HARLAND WILLIAMS) are three guys who enjoy living in the Kappa Omicron Kappa house and throwing wild and sexist parties that irritate Leah (MELISSA SAGEMILLER), an outspoken feminist and head of the local chapter of Delta Omicron Gamma.

Yet, when Spence (BRAD BEYER), the KOK president, announces that the money the fraternity has been collecting for an important alumni cruise has been stolen by the three, they're immediately chased from the premises. When they realize that Spence was the only other person with the combination to the safe in their room and that he must have been caught on their hidden, motion-activated video camera, Dave, Adam and Doofer decide they must retrieve the tape to prove their innocence.

The only problem is that no one, including Adam's little fraternity brother, Jimmy (TONY DENMAN), will let them in. Accordingly, they show up at the next party dressed in drag and going by the names of Daisy, Adina and Roberta. Not surprisingly, their less than attractive looks immediately get them thrown from the house and to Leah's feet who's outside protesting.

Drawn in by her offer of free food as well as room and board if they pledge DOG, the three decide they can live there as women while they plot how to get their hands on that videotape. While there, they meet other sorority sisters including Patty (KATHRYN STOCKWOOD), who thinks she's a freak because of her height, Katie (HEATHER MATARAZZO) who has a rather loud speaking voice, and Frederique (YVONNE SCIO), a rather hairy French student.

As the men try to keep up their ruse, they soon learn the trials and tribulation of being a less than attractive woman at the college, all while Dave begins to fall for Leah who sees him as a compassionate female friend and possible lover. With the date of the important alumni cruise nearing, the three men in drag try to deal with their femininity while also attempting to clear their names of theft.

Funniest teen comedy of 2002

Author: robertshapiro from Los Angeles, California
21 March 2002

Rosenbaum and Williams are hilarious and are clearly on their way to long careers as comic stars. Creative and apropos cameos and an excellent supporting cast including Melissa Sagemiller and Tony Denman make it a likely hit with teens and others.

Page 5 of 11: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]