IMDb > Outta Time (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Outta Time More at IMDbPro »

Worst Film This Year!

Author: james362001 from Lancaster, California
13 August 2002

I have enjoyed Mario Lopez'es past work, Breaking the Surface: The Greg Louganis Story (1996) and the USA cable network tv series "Pacific Blue", but this film, Outta Time is really low-budget. I was surprised to see one of my favorite latino comedians Carlos Mencia and the notable actor John Saxon. The cardboard acting in this film is unforgivable. The writing and direction of film is like reading a bad comic strip. Nancy O'Dell trying to play an evil villaness was too ridiculous. Obviously, she was having too much fun on the set to take on a serious role. When a film does not do well in the theaters and goes to video rather quickly, that should tell you something about the film. I do not know why this film is rated "R" . There is no frontal nudity nor sex in this film. (Spoiler) Carlos Mencia did play dead very well. Worst film of the year.

Low-budget but lots of action!

Author: res0tkzy from Los Angeles, CA
16 April 2002

This movie was definitely worth the price of admission. It was great to see Mario Lopez on the big screen. What a charming and likeable guy! The film kept our interest the entire time. There was drama, suspense and great action scenes, and sprinkled throughout was an especially enjoyable comedic performance by Carlos Mencia.

Fun Ride!

Author: Mark-6 from Beverly Hills, Ca
6 April 2002

This film is a fun ride. From start to finish it will keep you entertained. Mario is great and Ali Landry, Nancy O'Dell and Tava Smiley are sexy! See this movie it will be worth your time. George Lopez makes a very cool cameo.

Simply terrible

Author: Christian from seattle, wa
1 April 2002

This movie is a joke. The acting is god awful. The plot is simple and predictable. MARIO LOPEZ shows no emotion what so ever. He is like a puppet the entire movie, not even feeling anything when his best friend dies. I could go on about the other actors in this movie, but i rather not. Simply put don't see this. It will be a waste of your time. Should of gone directly to tv, even that though would be painful.. 1/10... wish i could go lower..

" I`ll Give You Anything You Want "...

Author: Theo Robertson from Isle Of Bute, Scotland
25 November 2003

... Is the opening line of this movie with the reply being " Do we look like criminals ? " , but I wish the reply had been " A bigger budget please " because OUTTA TIME would certainly have benefited from it . The story while being no great shakes is engaging enough with twists and turns holding the interest but it`s impossible not to notice the cheap sets , the mediocre cast and the very shaky ( I mean that in its literal sense ) directing that you`d expect to find in a straight to video movie