IMDb > "Twin Peaks" Pilot (1989) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Twin Peaks: Pilot (#1.1)"

"Twin Peaks" Pilot (1989)

1 of 30 Episodes | Next »

Page 4 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

I can't wait to See what happens next!

Author: Joshua Warren from Norway
17 June 2010

Must say this is an intriguing show, I have only seen the pilot and I can't wait to see what happens next. It is really good at staying interesting all through the episode, and being a pilot this is quite long too. But that's okay, I almost which they will all be this long. The characters really make this show, there's a lot of eccentric personalities and some even a bit cliché, but it still feels realistic and it is what keeps you so interested. Everyone has their own story, everyone has their own secret, and everyone is linked to another in one way or another. The way I explain it it may sound a bit like a soap opera, far from it. Few TV series has the same quality as this has shown me so far. Until now I have never seen anything by David Lynch (a thing I regret), but now I will definitely check up more of his works.

So I advice anyone to watch this episode, and I bet you will just want more. The mystery that arises int he first two minutes is simple, who killed Laura? It is so simple, but we all immediately know this is more than a common crime investigation show. So if you can manage through the sobbing of the first 10 minutes (you since Lauras dead) I'm sure you'l get hooked immediately. I give the pilot episode a 9/10.

Sheer Surrealist Perfection - Jaw dropping - Left me Breathless

Author: J H from United States
21 November 2005

Absolutely Brilliant.

This movie couldn't have been any better, although I will readily admit that this is not a film for everyone. The bizarre characters and inscrutable plot require great effort on the part of the viewer so if you grew up on MTV, you probably won't find yourself liking this - or most David Lynch movies for that matter. While I am a horror movie buff and have seen the traditional canon of all the "scary" movies the surreal images in the last quarter of this film made my jaw literally drop and left me breathless sitting there salivating on the couch. Not as overtly disturbing as Blue Velvet, not as incomprehensible as Mulholland Drive, Twin Peaks is the perfect combination of fear, fun, and bafflement that will leave you stunned and begging for more. Stylistically, this reminded me a lot of another one of my favorites, the ever underestimated Donnie Darko.

It's something in those woods...

Author: Troy Lee (troylee) from Östersund, Sweden
9 August 2002

This is the very best motion picture there is! The mystery of Twin Peaks, all its characters and the woods makes you wonder and wonder hours after each episode. Never before have I seen such a mysterious, frightening act of darkness.

Agent Dale Cooper arrives to Twin Peaks to investigate what seems to be a normal murder case. But when he digs deeper into it he finds that the whole population is connected in some way or another, and that the solution lies further than mankind knows... somewhere deep in the woods of Twin Peaks.

The episodes give you sooo many clues and mysteries that you just have to watch the next episode. The sound track really contributes a lot. The sound matches perfect to the surroundings. My god! First time I can really call myself a "fan" of something. I own all episodes and watch all 30 at least once a year.

Bah, enough said. Go buy the DVD set!

Lynch at his best!

Author: Chris Tolle (ctolle@iglou.com) from Louisville, Kentucky
30 November 2001

David Lynch must have eaten his Wheaties when he wrote & directed this comedy/drama. I remember when the movie aired & launched the series that hooked a nation. You were no longer in control of your life as you changed your plans to make sure you were home in time to watch the next cliff-hanging installment of this series. If you have not seen the pilot movie and series of episodes, you are missing out!

It's about time.

Author: John Burns from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
12 October 2001

Although the fact that the first season does not include the pilot (understandable yet dismaying), I'm very pleased to see that the developers have taken the time to include some (presumably) worthwhile extras. The hope here is that the lack of the pilot does not contribute to further misunderstanding of one of the most misunderstood and underappreciated programs ever to appear on television. As for the sound being offered on DTS, well let's just say it almost makes up for the lack of the pilot. Almost.

To anyone who hasn't yet watched: I hope you have some time on your hands for a new obsession.

This Is Great!

Author: Diane (wykid182@aol.com) from Los Angeles, California, USA
12 March 2001

I had never heard of this show before. This year, my english teacher (i am in ninth grade)decided to do something new with our class this year. My teacher had the videos and we have been watching this for a few months now. This show has really portrayed a murder as something completely abnormal: you would ask yourself if that could really happen. Who knows? It's not totally impossible.If you ever get the chance to see this, take the time to watch it.

"She's dead. Wrapped in plastic."

Author: Brandon Smith (fbtimes@nycmail.com) from United States
8 April 2015

Ridiculously melodramatic, downright bizarre, and yet undeniably intriguing. Most newcomers will stick around for more, but for those turned off by its deliberately strange appeal, it should be noted that this episode mainly sums up the entire feel of the series. If you do not get a kick out of its style here, then you simply might not be able to buy into anything Twin Peaks has to offer.

But the brilliant thing about the first episode of Twin Peaks is its ability to maintain about it a sense of mystery. Throughout its nearly 90-minute running time, the series introduces a ridiculous amount of faces, and by the end of the episode, practically everyone you have met is considered a suspect. The only other pilot to ever come close to Twin Peaks, in my opinion, would be the first episode of Breaking Bad. And yet, Breaking Bad's first episode doesn't accomplish nearly as much as the opener to Twin Peaks.

This pushed the boundaries of what television could accomplish. Its impact is still being felt today, with shows like Lost, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and others. David Lynch's hand in the deal had a huge part in this. I think the general public just wasn't ready for it. And yet, they took it and they ran with it. And that is why this is without a doubt one of the best pilot episodes of all time.

Promising Pilot Episode For The Short Lived Soap Opera

Author: Nancy_Grease from Canada
8 October 2014

David Lynch cobbled together this more cordial version of his cult hit Blue Velvet for American television and while initial interest in the series was at a fever pitch it's audience evaporated after only a handful of episodes aired. In the pilot episode, the eccentric inhabitants of Twin Peaks come together in the face of tragedy when the body of high school student Laura Palmer washes ashore showing evidence of foul play. Special Agent Dale Cooper arrives to investigate the crime which is connected to similar attacks in the region. This is a pretty good TV movie with an exceptional cast including Piper Laurie and Peggy Lipton. Additional material was added for a European theatrical release which reveals the identity of the killer in an abrupt, nonsensical fashion.

Engrossing, Quirky and Very Imaginative - But Sadly Incomplete on DVD

Author: Z3Six from United States
5 February 2006

This extremely creative,unpredictable and offbeat series captures your curiosity in its opening minutes and doesn't let go until you reach the very last episode. Completely engrossing it keeps you yearning for more, but sadly, more is what we seem to be missing. Not only has the original pilot episode, which lays out the whole plot, been omitted, but only the first season has been released in more than a year. Series of this quality do not come along that often. When quality scripting,directing and acting come together like this it needs to be shared. To my knowledge the best way to share a popular series is through re-release via broadcast and DVD. Can Paramount be totally unaware of the huge audience that is eager to rent and own the complete series on DVD? Those of us who are awaiting some progress need to make Paramount aware. Lets see some more releases. The marketing department may need awake up call.

Win streaks (web)

Author: leplatypus from PariS
21 August 2015

This show is simply among my best ever (with X-files, married with children, Shameless, NYPD blues) and this pilot is among the best ever done ! Everything is wonderful done and given in a original way: script, characters, cast, music, locations, … When you watch it, you access a small town that you don't want to leave indeed and this is the exact objective of a pilot ! It's really impressive how Laura's death reverberates among the whole community and how she can still be there when she is no more ! What's funny now that the show is over until next year is that all the supernatural stuff seems so faraway ! At this point, you can't guess about giants, owls, dwarfs, lodges…. Lynch & Frost delivers a classic drama in that sense… What's striking also is the quality of the cast as everybody really seems to be their characters and there is no way to discern between Lynch regulars, newcomers and old faces ! In conclusion, if you are not convinced, the best seal of quality is that nearly 20 years after, people are still watching it and tell their emotion about it !

Page 4 of 5: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]