IMDb > "So Little Time" (2001) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"So Little Time"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"So Little Time" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Wonderful Show

Author: oceansplash77 from Baltimore, Maryland
14 May 2004

This is a refreshing show that the whole family can enjoy. It's nice to sit back and enjoy this funny show. The Olson Twins stand for true family television. Unfortunately, some smug adults did not like this show that centers on attracting children and teens, so the show got cancelled. Television shows such as this one should be judged only by children and young adults. "So Little Time" should have been allowed to continue on to provide good wholesome television for the whole family. With all of the trashy stuff on television, shows like So Little Time are a blessing.

People

Author: savedbythebell (savedbythebell@maiwebsite.cjb.net) from in he World
13 April 2003

I usually don't comment, but after reading three of other users comment, I would have to disagree with every one of them. I have been watching Mary-Kate and Ashley (MKA) since I was born. They are practically my age. I have seen them on Full House, Two of a Kind, and So Little Time. Every one of these have been really well made. No matter what anyone tells me, I don't care. If someone takes time here to diss the girls, why waste the time. I believe any true fan would love their movies and shows. I love So Little Time. It really interacts with me and my age. If you don't like the show, that's your problem. I really love the girls and all their shows. I have no problem saying that.

"I don't hate it!"

Author: luckyirishgrl07 from San Diego, CA
4 March 2004

In fact, I love this show! My brother and I just finished buying all four of the So Little Time DVDs of the show. I honestly don't know why all of the people who seem to hate this show are posting comments because we don't need anymore of your complaining! I love the girls' fashion in the show and their hairstyles (in the first season). The first season rocked! The second season was ok, but they went wrong with Larry's hair. It was great first season, then they attempted to change it... I'm not striking them down at all, I'm just wonderin' what was goin' though their minds! :) Cammie was funny sometimes, but I was not a fan of Larry and Cammie's relationship. I was a Riley/Larry supporter. They would have been SO CUTE together! Anyways, I think this show was hilarious! Just some of the looks they have are great. For example, in the episode "The Breakfast Club" when Chloe is trying to get into detention, she says, "You can get into detention for that!" when she sees Larry has taken a frog out of the biology lab. She has an idea and the look she has on her face is just hilarious. She then says, "Gimme that!". This show is meant to be funny so viewers shouldn't take it so seriously and be so critical. I liked Two of Kind, but I LOVED So Little Time and was really sad when I found out it was being cancelled. Who cares if the show isn't completely like reality, as so many of you pointed out. I live in California and some people DO live in beach houses. DUH! So stop saying that people don't! As far as the whole "they're 14 and most girls that age don't think about boys that much.." crap, I must ask you, you weren't thinking about guys?! Whatever, I was, as do MOST NORMAL girls. This show is NOT a waste of time, AT ALL. So go out and have some fun. Watch So Little Time.

Sweet & funny!:)!

Author: margaretha
28 April 2003

I just read another user comment on this show and didn't like the way they dissed Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen! They are growing into two fine young actresses and does not deserve any of that abuse! My opinion of the show is that it's sweet & funny (nice to see two sisters being more than just that, but also as best friends)! I think it was a really nice show!!!!

A good series

Author: cooling_boy1 from Sweden
19 January 2006

This is my top five TV-series i've ever seen. It is very funny sometimes and " The twins" do a really great job.I don't usually look at series but this was an exception. I saw the DVD in a shop and bought it at once because i really love Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. So i had big expectations on the DVD but i didn't get disappointed at all. It was exactly as i thought when i first saw the DVD in the shop that it should be really great. It was even better than i could imagine before i had seen it. It was very interesting and with a lot of jokes frequently. In the series they meet a lot of new boys that they sometimes , of course, fall in love with. It becomes a lot of kisses. If you like this kind of "love stories" with cute girls in you are recommended to see this series. I promise that you won't get disappointed at all. So what are you waiting for? buy it now!

DVD BOXSET - COMPLETE WITH BONUS DISC (2 episodes never aired on bonus disc)

Author: quinn-morgendorffer from Canada
11 October 2006

I bought the DVD boxset of 'so little time' with the bonus disc containing both unaired episodes plus the four discs which contained the 26 episodes airred for $20 the other day at a used store. it was mint box, mint DVD holders, no scratches on disc, or anything. i donated my spare DVD of 'so little time - volume 4' to the library as they have volumes 1 and 2 of so little time on VHS, and only volume 2 on DVD.

note - VHS's contain behind the scene footage, while dvds contain bloopers. i believed the DVD boxset bonus dics contains behind the scenes stuff - unsure, just watched the episodes on it. they rocked!

Cute Show!

Author: fairysk8r from Seattle
7 February 2003

This show is really cute! It is entertaining and sweet. Great for the under 14 crowd. The Olsen twins provide humor and the cast is very good. The house keeper guy is hilarious! The mother on the show makes the show very interesting. The show takes place in southern California, so there are great locations and scenes.

The Olsen twins are great

Author: Sarah Gellar from Kent, England
31 May 2002

I love this show, i'm not sure if i prefer to their earlier show Two of a kind but this is great.Mary-Kate and Ashley play brilliantly as Riley and Chloe Carlson along side hilarious Taylor Negron who plays manuelo the housekeeper.I would definately recommend you watch this.

Horrific

Author: sundrop from USA
3 January 2002

I wrote on here earlier after seeing about two episodes that this show was okay, because I thought it might get better so I didn't try to hit it too hard. But now I see I was wrong. It's absolutely horrible.

The Olsen twins are just terrible in this one. I loved Two of a Kind, but this show is just AWFUL! All they do is sit on their beds and talk to the camera. After awhile, they get bored and just have to call boys! In my opinion, someone would have major mental issues if this is the way they spend life. No one I know, not even preps, act like this!

Why do the parents spend all their spare time together? If they like each other so much, why'd they separate in the first place? Also, why does the mother try to look exactly like Sally Wheeler (Carrie from Two of a Kind)? I've seen some scenes where if her back's turned, you would almost believe it was Carrie. I think there needs to be some difference between them.

Manuelo MUST be talking in Spanish. I don't think anyone can understand him. If he continues to talk like this, they should just let everyone talk in Spanish. If they did, it would probably be a better show!

I have seen many better shows. I liked Full House, and Two of a Kind very much. Also, some of their movies. Most of them are stupid because they always try to look like they're so good but they really just look like dorks.

Perhaps the worst thing is that the Olsen twins don't even seem to realize how bad this show is! They've probably never really had to work very hard to improve their acting or get a show. I mean, they're probably going to get to do a show anyway, whether they train for it or not! They must have the time of their lives doing this, getting heavily made up and then grinning at the camera. But don't they realize that people don't have the time of their lives watching this? I wonder why they are the EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS! They haven't had much real producing experience, and probably little to no training. In a way I almost don't blame them. They have no idea what they are doing.

This show had better improve soon. It probably won't get cancelled, though, since it's on ABC family. Maybe someone will someday decide to improve it.

Well-made, clever, happy show

Author: blank5124 from United States
27 August 2015

This show is such a cheerful and lovely depiction of life, but I don't feel it's saccharine or artificial (because of the ironic tone and self-consciousness of its humor), just charming. The actors all deliver their lines with such ease of manner and good timing. They seem to have astuteness and intelligence and seem to be reasonable, good-natured people, which makes their characters even more likable. Their ease of delivery and humility (because it's not a big show) and the clever, ironic humor of the scripts gives the show a rare effortlessness and kind of a feeling of familiarity/coziness (they don't try hard to be funny like a person would with a stranger) that makes you feel at ease watching it. I also think the show is quite poignant at times. It has a refreshing light-hearted way of addressing life's 'everyday' dilemmas (such as when Jake is talking to Teddi about how adults sometimes forget how to 'have fun') that I feel is actually more effective and cutting to one's own heart than a heavy, didactic approach.

I also think the show was very creative and sincerely effortful (i.e. the Manuelo-turtle poster prop being made for just for one joke, the song sung by Larry for the War of the Bands episode, the poem written by Riley, Larry's speech about cleaning up the highway, points in the capital punishment debate, etc.) and far from rote. The family situation was unique (dad not working and trying to 'find himself,' dad living in trailer park, male nanny, separated parents) but it was depicted naturally (didn't seem over-emphasized or gimmicky at all). The plots are very interactive with the settings and are interesting (bush fire causing everyone to evacuate to school, volunteering in retirement home, depiction of overwhelmingly positive person in a wheelchair, etc.) Such a happy, balanced show that depicts everyday life with reasonability and good judgment. I ramble (this is too long) but I don't think the show/writers/actors are given enough credit. I only didn't like the sometimes cheesy 'Mary-Kate and Ashley on-the-set' intros to the later episodes, which don't seem to be delivered with any irony. I appreciate this show even more than when I was younger (I really love the actors/characters in the show, from Ms. Westmore to Manuelo, they just seem so good-natured)

Page 1 of 8:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]