IMDb > Crossroads (2002/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Crossroads

Crossroads More at IMDbPro »

Page 15 of 58: [Prev][10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [Next]

Thank you my fellow americans!!!

Author: deniedsin (deniedsin@yahoo.com) from California
20 February 2002

Thank you all for putting this movie at #2 in box office and therefore insuring the future movies made with pop teen stars for no other reason than marketing! Yes, I wanted to thank each and everyone of you who praised it and kept going back, because without you, we would have more movies with stuff like REAL actors and REAL emotions and REAL plot being made. God forbid.

I don't hate britney spears, I simply don't like her image. She is like a puppet created simply to appeal through looks. That's it. You picture Britney Spears that is a 50 year old obese woman and I'm willing to lay all my down on the table in saying that none of you would listen to her music or most importantly put this damn movie at #2 in box office.

This is a sad sad world. I cannot possibly understand how this movie can be good. I wasn't going to see it, I was going to simply ignore it and never comment but when I saw the many people here saying how it was great I went. Maybe there are two crossroads movies out right now and I simply went to the wrong one? I don't know.

I'm not bashing the "actress" I'm bashing the movie. 2.6 doesn't do it justice. This movie is 1 at maximum for the effort. Assuming there WAS effort.

By the end of the picture there was blood coming out of my eyes from the horrible torture I was put through. Normally I stray away from bad movies. I check out the reviews, the ratings, the trailers, and I simply don't go to movies that I even have a slight notion that might be bad. I should have done the same in this case.

This was too awful.

I Can't say enough bad things about this piece of garbage.

Author: MovieMax416 from Chicago
20 February 2002

This movie is horrible. Wait, not. Horrible is too nice of a word. What I meant to say is this: "Crossroads" is a disgrace to the entire concept of film-making. There are so many more things I could say, but I think you get the point. Aside from the horrible quality of the film, the most tragic thing is that there are (very unfortunate) people who will willingly see this, and think of it as an actually good movie! The thought actually saddens me!

Britney: please don't ever make movies again! You are not talented! You never were, and you never will be!!

So bad that it isn't even fun to laugh at.

Author: apri1 from Atlanta
20 February 2002

Let me start this off by saying that I *like* bad movies. My friends and I will go see movies we know will suck just so we can make fun of them and have a good laugh. It's fun.

"Crossroads" was, however, NOT fun in any capacity.

We expected this movie to be an absolute riot, but it's SO BAD that it goes beyond laughable to just sad. It was practically *painful* to sit through, and I know what that's like - I saw "Glitter" in the theatre. (By the way, as far as laughability, you'd do better renting "Glitter" - it's at least fun to laugh at.)

I am not a Britney Spears fan by any means. I don't think she can sing at all and honestly she's not even really that great looking or interesting in any way. If you even feel apathy on the subject of Britney Spears this movie will force her down your throat so much that by the end you will really hate her. It's so painfully obvious that this is just a vehicle for her celebrity that it feels like an hour and a half long music video instead of a movie. Her "character" is supposed to be this shy virginal valedictorian, yet the movie provides every opportunity for her to sing or dance around in her underwear, just like every video Britney's ever made. Zzzzz.

Her "acting" is horrible, but even if it were good you wouldn't know because the scenes where any serious acting should take place are cut short so they can cut to another singing or underwear scene. The other actors, honestly, are equally as horrible and forced me and my friends to come to the conclusion that they must have cast bad actors on purpose in an attempt to make Britney look better. I will say though that one scene - the scene where Britney reads the lyrics to one of her songs as "poetry" to the boy - was one of the more hilarious things I've seen, even if it wasn't *intentionally* funny.

I wonder what Britney's friends and family or fellow celebrities said to her after the premiere of this monumental bore...did they just have to force a "well, it was...interesting!" so to not hurt her feelings? I mean, I have a feeling that even her die-hard fans will recognize that this movie is a piece of crap. In our theatre alone 5 or 6 teenagers walked out in the middle, and I expected the legions of her teenage fans to love this no matter what.

Honestly, it's HORRIBLE. A bore from beginning to end. The endless driving scenes make the hour and a half seem like days or weeks. I would say "oh well, Britney should sick to singing", but I don't think she can do that either. I wish she would just go away full stop and let Mariah Carey make movies that at least make us laugh really hard.

Terrible...

Author: yayforireland
20 February 2002

Everyday, thousands of actors look for work and can't find it. People with actual talent are tossed aside in favor of vapid and talentless popstars like Britney Spears. She can't even sing, and that's her 'job.' Who told her she could act? Her lip-synching is not even very convincing. Being in a film (even a really crappy one like this) is a big deal, and tons of other actors would have jumped at the chance. But no, they give the part to the pop tart just because she'll pull in the teenyboppers and sex crazed boys.

Worst Movie Of The Year

Author: o0sugarbabie0o from Orlando, FL
20 February 2002

When I went to see this movie I did not expect a whole lot out of it. But, being a teen I had to go see the new teen movie. Let me tell you this movie was so horrible it made me laugh when you shouldn't be laughing. First off Britney Spears's character "Lucy" is a little "too" perfect. Of course shes NEVER partied, of course she's the valedvictorian, of course she is the one to break up the fight between her friends, of course she comes through on this singing talent she never knew she had. One of the other characters "Mimi" of course is the pregnant teen from the trailor park. Typical that they depict all of us as having at least one friend that gets pregnant in high school. Later in the movie you find out that she was raped by the other best friend's (Kit) boyfriend. Wow it all ties together so well! Britney Spears sings that dumb "im not a girl" song so many times in this movie...its sickening! That is just my shortened view on this movie. I urge no1 to spend their money on watching Britney Spears and a few other horrible actors trying to "act".

Makes Glitter look like an Oscar Contender

Author: lunaticfrosty from St. George, UT
19 February 2002

Makes Glitter look like an Oscar Contender. Enough said. The entire concept is campy. Not even a "Wait for Video". I bet Ebert loves it. Poor acting, shameless product promotion, not enough plot to be interesting. Stay at the microphone Brittney, stay out of cinema.

Beware! Vapid Garbage Ahead.

Author: lenin97 (lenin97@hotmail.com) from Pennsylvania
19 February 2002

Let's just get this out of the way; Britney wasn't that bad, the role she played was written specifically for her so in essence she was just memorizing lines.

I've been a big anti-teen movie person since I was ... well a teen. They all dump the same truckload of horrible, indigestible, cliché problems on a group of unlucky (although horribly bland) teens. This pile of wasted celluloid is no different, this time the Hollywood machine takes on such deep topics as teen pregnancy, losing your friends while in school, and of course how to come up with gas money while on a road trip (gag).

I think the worst part has to be the horrendous dialogue. Even with noticeable faces (Kim Cattrall, Dan Aykroyd & of course Ms. Spears) it isn't enough to distract you from lines like "Yeah" and "That's true" placed within the (quasi) heart felt moments. Every part in the film could have been played by a balloon; with a face drawn on it and a tape recorder tied to the bottom. Then I think you would have had an original movie.

Well, Britney. All I can say is at least it wasn't Glitter.

dont waste ur time watching this movie

Author: osmanansari (osmanansari@hotmail.com)
18 February 2002

i thought this movie would be good and i could enjoy it on the weekend but this movies is boring.its really not good stuff to watch.belive me.i went with y friends and they were cursing me for bringing them to such a movie.i was feeling ashamed.dont go to watch this movie please its a request.

These Crossroads Lead to a Dead End.

Author: (biff39093@aol.com) from Worcester, Ma
18 February 2002

There is only one redeeming quality to this film, Britney, and her good looks. Britney's body is exploited, as usual, very quickly into the film. To my dismay, the only two occurrences of this happen in the first 10 minutes of the film. In the opening scene she is dancing in her underwear, and in a later scene she is seen again in her underwear about to loose her so called `virginity' to her lab partner of three years. It's really sad that these are the only good things to come out of this movie.

Crossroads is the acting debut for the one called Britney Spears. Shonda Rhimes, who has no previous writing experience, wrote the Crossroads story. I have read rumors that Shonda wrote the story specifically for Britney as the lead character. Tamra Davis, who has such gems as Half Baked and Billy Madison under her belt, directs Crossroads. There are no other notables involved with this film, because let's face it; the only reason one would see this movie is for Britney. Justin Long of Jeepers Creepers fame does make an appearance however. It is also rumored that he tried out for the role of Henry as a joke, and to his and everyone else's surprise somehow got the role. He thought that it was the chance of a lifetime to have the opportunity to kiss Britney, and have it immortalized on video. He made the same choice that any other male would have made, and chose to accept the role.

I interpret Crossroads as a semi-fictional biography of Britney Spears. I guess it can be comparable to Mariah Carey's Glitter. Apparently it is up to the viewer to determine what to take as fact and what to deem fiction.

The demographic of people in the theater ranged from 15-year-old girls to 16 year old girls. Big surprise, huh? I thought I was alone when I didn't take Britney Spears seriously, but guess again. You would think that Crossroads was intended to be a comedy from all the laughter that occurred. I can tell that Britney put 110% of her acting ability into making this film. It's too bad that it will never be good enough. Britney does not posses the charisma or ability to be an actor. She just cannot achieve movie stardom because she does not posses any potential to do so. During Britney's big scene, she attempts to show her sensitive side and cry, yet, no waterworks are involved. The entire theater was in an uproar of laughter during this scene. I found myself laughing at the fact that Britney is a joke to not only me, but also everyone else. The only reason to see this film is if you absolutely cannot get enough of Britney, and her twins. That's it.

The movie also attempts to cover five season's worth of 7th Heaven life controversies in 90 minutes. The movie deals with running away from home, premarital sex, underage drinking, abortion, miscarriages, cheating, `fitting in', rape, and so many more. There are just too many to list. I mainly have a problem with the premarital sex, and underage drinking. Girls who look up to Britney as a role model are being sent the wrong message. Britney's character tells us that it is all right to have premarital sex, as long as it is with someone special. Her character also tells us that underage drinking is fine too. Whoops, looks like someone made a mistake.

I am hoping and praying that this is the first and last movie project fueled by Britney Spears. I am also only giving her one more album release before she poses in Playboy to try and revitalize her career. Let's all try and pretend that this movie was never made, because I sure would.

Grade: F

Britney should stick to singing.

Author: charmed513 (charmed513@mn.rr.com) from Minnesota, USA
18 February 2002

I was dragged to this movie by a few friends of mine. It was the cheesiest movie I have ever seen. It was a cross of so many other movies. It was totally unoriginal. My idea was to go bowling instead of seeing the movie. My advice to anyone who wants to go see this movie: go bowling instead.