Michael has big plans to show his cousin Tommy a good time aboard a luxury yacht until he discovers that the yacht he's chartered is actually an old rusted fishing boat. But when modern-day... See full summary »
Alex is a high school student who always feels like he is overshadowed by his little brother Stevie; he can't get the girl of his dreams; he and his two best friends, Abby and James, are ... See full summary »
Andy "Brink" Brinker and his in-line skating crew--Peter, Jordy, and Gabriella--who call themselves "Soul-Skaters" (which means they skate for the fun of it, and not for the money), clash ... See full summary »
Erik von Detten,
Jace Newfield has a problem. Besides being blind and being the new kid at school, his problem is that the kids at his new school thinks he's a jerk. Jace has to find a way to be accepted ... See full summary »
Writers for The Disney Channel don't always care about making a good movie. It seems all they cared about with The Poof Point was throwing something together in order to add some variety to the channel. What they came up with for this movie may be good family fun but truly it's a terrible movie. I've got before me a laundry list of what was bad here. Let's start with two completely disconnected parents. They are absolutely ridiculous and seem to care more about their science than their kids. Not a very good parental portrayal at all. These scientists have a dog named Einstein. Must not have taken the writers a lot of brain power to come up with that considering there's a scientist who has a dog named Einstein in a little movie called Back To The Future. Editors take note: dogs do not need added whimpering sounds every time they are on screen. Not a good thing. Directors: stop adding helmets to kids riding bikes. Everywhere I look in newer movies when kids are on bikes they have silly helmets on. When I was a kid a helmet would have been the furthest thing from cool. Used to zoom down hills a mile long with no hands going close to the speed limit. The only helmet I used was my hair. Kids do not need helmets when riding their bikes around the neighborhood!!! And kids also don't need cell phones like in this movie. Showing a teenager with a cell phone is not right. Showing someone fake typing isn't right either. Shots like that demonstrate how much a director doesn't truly care about his work when someone's shown fake typing when they're supposed to be typing for real. So much more with this movie just wasn't right. I realize it's a fantasy but no no no way can a 14 year old all of a sudden know what her Ph.D father knows. No. She goes from a normal kid to a Thomas Edison-Robert Oppenheimer genius in a matter of about 1 minute, able to help her parents cause she's figured out exactly what do!? No.
I tell ya, I've seen a lot of Disney Channel movies, almost all they've made. This one is bottom of the barrel. Tahj Mawry was pretty good, there was some cool scorching guitar, the story moved along at a decent pace to not put me to sleep or get me too bored, there was some interesting computer generated special effects... but all of that was just 20% of this movie while the other 80% stunk. Because it's mindless family fun, I'm going to be a little generous and give this a grade of: D-. To give this a higher grade than that, a person would have to poof themselves out of existence for being so brain dead to realize how dumb & bad this movie really is.
6 of 13 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?