IMDb > Gayniggers from Outer Space (1992) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Gayniggers from Outer Space More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

A breathtaking foray into the forbidden reaches of absolute gustatory pleasures.

Author: spam-516 from United States
5 February 2005

Perhaps least often recounted of the virtues of this superlative piece of cine-graphic mana is that of its subtle yet delicious taste. I will be the first to admit, as a well known gourmand of the silver screen era, I did not evaluate the prospect of dining on a scratched vcd labeled in felt-tipped pen of all things. Upon unwrapping the VCD, the harsh chemical smell made me yearn for the bygone days when I could sink my fork into something substantive, a big spool of celluloid dripping in silver halide, or even a crunchy treat of large-crystal cellulose acetate. Yet, as all men of character must, I ventured forth into the unknown with a tentative bite, held on the end of a trembling fork, poised to rush to the lavatory should the desire to void overtake me. Yet such precautions were unneeded! The second my tongue met the pits and grooves of the reflective foil, I was dumbfounded by a shock of flavor, comparable only to the initial note of a top-shelf Riesling. As my well-worn molars did their ancient work, the roof of my mouth was perforated with pleasantly jagged shards of plastic, adding a physical component to my enjoyment. I found myself bewildered at the thought that there were still men out there delving so fearlessly into the realm of haute cuisine, and with an empty cdr tray and full belly, I can only say to the makers of this wonderful piece of cinema: more please.

A Cult Favorite With Very Strange Overtones

Author: gavin6942 from United States
3 February 2008

A group of aliens (who happen to be homosexual and appear to be of African descent) approach earth, horrified to find it populated with not only males but also females. So they devise a plan to land on earth and liberate the men from their female overlords. Numerous sexual and racial jokes ensue.

It is rather difficult to explain this film. The plot really sums it up, but the question is exactly whether or not the film is even good. On one hand, it's mostly notorious because of the name and not so much for the content of the film. So it can be dismissed as just a racist and homophobic movie. But is it racist or homophobic if it glorifies homosexuality and stars black men? And what of some of the more clever, subtle humor and homages? The name itself is a take on "Grave Diggers From Outer Space", the original title of "Plan 9 From Outer Space"... so there's definitely some knowledgeable film historians behind this one.

And what to make of it being foreign (Danish)? Does the intent and humor translate well? I can't say for sure. Which makes this one even more of an enigma.

After three viewings (the film is less than thirty minutes) I am still unclear on the way to take this one, and will likely be unclear for some time. It's funny, if only in an irreverent way. It's quirky. And it's certainly unique. If you can get your hands on a copy, do so. I don't know how to explain why, but I think this is a must-see film for almost everyone.

Best. Title. Ever...

Author: EVOL666 from St. John's Abortion Clinic
17 February 2007

How could you not want to see a film titled GAYN!GGERS FROM OUTER SPACE? I'd like to thank one of my sources for dropping this obscure little film on my doorstep - I may not have heard of it otherwise. A light-hearted and truly funny STAR TREK-ish parody - this one is a fun way to blow (hee-hee) a half-hour...

A group of gay, black, space-travelers (hence the title...) with such colorful names as Captain B. Dick, Sergeant Shaved Balls, and ArmInAss, come across the planet earth and decide to rid the planet of women as a means to free their male "brothers". Their mission takes them to the Ukraine, Bejing, and Hamburg, where they evaporate the female population with ray-guns...

GAYN!GGERS FROM OUTER SPACE is not nearly as offensive or risqué as the title sounds. There's no gay-action in the film, and the whole thing is handled as a very light comedy. Not a masterpiece of film-making by any means - but an obscure and amusing short-film that definitely has the best title of any film ever made. Give this one a look if you get the chance...8/10

A better film than django unchained

Author: xiss23
19 June 2013

Can honestly say "gay n* from outer space" is a better film than "Django Unchained":

a) it handles the delicate racial and social matters more gracefully and realistically b) it has better acting c) the plot is more believable d) the soundtrack is better (I might remix it into jungle- breakcore, especially the orchestral tetris bits) e) the violence is less gratuitous and more fits the theme of the film which is gayniggers from outer space eradicating womankind to create a utopia. Overall I'd rate this film as more politically correct, also it doesn't have Leonardo Di Caprio in it.

an eloquent docu-drama

Author: amishrobots from United States
20 February 2006

i abhor all these comments on whether this movie is supposeed to be "funny" this is an honest and sincere portrayal of an intelligent and sensitive culture that you simply failed to understand. the subtle drama of being gay, being black, and being in outer space. this poignantly short masterpiece captures better than any other movie i've seen the true, and compassionate nature of higher beings from a more advanced sexual realm.

obviously this was never meant to be comedy, and could never be mistaken as such except by crude, illiterate, non-homosexual earth people. perhaps to you, the idea of an advanced civilization based on higher concepts like gay love, and rectal exploration should be a joke. but to the civilised universe, where triforce anal probes and flavored lubrication jelly form the basis of enlightened philosophy, these things are a way of life, and this movie is anelegant portrayal of that life.

BY FAR THE THOEDEST THING OUT THERE, THE BEST

Author: tinnig2002 from TX
12 December 2004

I mean really, honestly if someone heard this title, no one in their right mind would turn it down and not be curious to watch it. I've actually was privelaged to see this great movie, and I think its just genius. Like this is something me and my friends might do, but I'm so happy to see someone has actually come out do it , a such a long time ago. I admit though it does slow down and drag sometimes, but for the most part you'll laugh because you'll catch yourself watching such a dumb movie. its soo dumb and stupid that you'll just laugh, and catch yourself saying the title a lot. so do yourself a favor and find this movie and spread the word, you know you'll eventually do so...

gather the family and fasten your seat belts, this will take your breath away...

Author: rickcavedon-949-450406 from LA, United States.
11 August 2014

{SPOILER?}

pretty solid film, I just think that it lacked a bit of realism to it. not once did I see a black hole up on the screen, and we all know that our galaxy contains over a 100 million black holes.

maybe it's just me but I felt like this film could've had more substance had a beautiful and raw black hole been shown, at least once.

Maybe they should have hired Neil deGrasse Tyson for the black hole part, he's a very renowned astrophysicist and could have had a great input here.

Disaster:

Author: hazzaball from United Kingdom
28 February 2011

Disaster: 2012 war of the worlds Quest:

lord of the rings Indiana Jones and the raiders of the lost ark Fantasy: Avatar star wars, Thriller: The Bourne ultimatum Casino royale Swashbuckler: Pirates of the Caribbean the mask of Zorro, Gladiator Historical: Robin HoodDisaster: 2012 war of the worlds Quest:

lord of the rings Indiana Jones and the raiders of the lost ark Fantasy: Avatar star wars, Thriller: The Bourne ultimatum Casino royale Swashbuckler: Pirates of the Caribbean the mask of Zorro, Gladiator Historical: Robin Hood Disaster: 2012 war of the worlds Quest:

Best Enjoyed On Drugs, Perhaps

Author: JD WaySide from Brisbane, Australia
11 June 2005

Like anyone else who reads Slashdot.org, I've seen the "GNAA" posts on that site promoting this flick about a zillion times over the last two or three years. So, late one bored and sleepless (and sober) Saturday night, I actually fired up my BitTorrent client and downloaded the thing.

It's good for a few chuckles, but not nearly as risqué as I'd been expecting it to be. It's basically a slew of 70s-style clichés (crap special effects, tight white trousers with zippers in the back, big goggly plastic sunnies, snatches of the theme from "Shaft" playing in the background, Ukrainians mining dirt) stacked atop one another. Not sure it qualifies as cult-classic material, but I might actually burn it to a CD and keep it around for a laugh.

I suspect that this film would be considered wildly funny if viewed during the later stages of a drunken party for those of university age, after the lightweights have passed out and been carted home, the neighbours have complained about the music a couple of times, and those looking to hook up have either scored or gone looking elsewhere.

A knowledge of basic spoken German will help, BTW.

I'm pretending that I'm about 21 or 22 years old again, and that I'd had a few when I watched this, and giving it a "7".

Awesome

Author: extasy-1 from United States
12 January 2006

This is a fun packed movie. I really enjoyed the openness of the film and the actors rocked. If you don't have an open mind keep looking for other films more your style. If you like to laugh and we all need to do that then I recommend watching this film. This is a fun packed movie. I really enjoyed the openness of the film and the actors rocked. If you don't have an open mind keep looking for other films more your style. If you like to laugh and we all need to do that then I recommend watching this film. This is a fun packed movie. I really enjoyed the openness of the film and the actors rocked. If you don't have an open mind keep looking for other films more your style. If you like to laugh and we all need to do that then I recommend watching this film.

Page 2 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]